Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£9.99

on 15 February 2013
Great CD - in my view more enjoyable than the previous two. However, a previous review said there was a DVD with the CD. There wasn't in my pack - so buyer beware, there appear to be different versions! I think the "special edition" with the green cover is the one with the CD. However, the reviews on Amazon are identical for both versions. On ebay, the green version also has a sticker advertising the DVD along with the CD.
on 1 February 2013
I put off buying this item because the product description states 1 disc. In fact there is a CD AND an absolutely fantastic DVD which is featured on Youtube. It's jaw-droppingly good. Only thing is, I can't for the life in me understand why Amazon is asking double the price of other sellers. I got my copy from Nagiry which arrived in 7 days. It's certainly going to get some use.
on 15 July 2015
I don't know enough to review this.I have no way-posts against which to judge it. Lila Downs has a fine voice by anyone's standards, she has power as well as emotional depth and range. Vocally, she reminds me of Nina Hagen in her heyday. The musicianship and production are superb. Really good. That'd be a five star review right there.
If you were to take a fourteen-year-old Death Metal fan and play them Tirolean om-pah-pah music for the first time, or make Inspector Morse listen to the back catalogue of Cradle of Filth, you get roughly where I'm coming from. I have close to zero cultural overlap with this music so I can only tell you if I like it or not, not if it's any good.
That's why it's three stars for me. I quite like some of it.
Zapata ze Queda is stonkingly good, the sort of tune you find yourself humming for days, really ... days.
La Reyna del Inframundo is another one I really like. the introduction sounds like Hava Nagila's drunken cousin and it then goes into a sort of Spanish version of Carolientje by Willeke Alberti.
So if you can get your head around someone that sounds a bit like Nina Hagen singing songs that sound a bit like Dutch carnival songs in Spanish as orchestrated by Weird Al Yankowic (in one of his Polka crazes), then this is the album for you
on 27 May 2012
I heared the music on a flight to brazil. I am always looking for music that I can play when having visitors at home. This is one. Very vivid, very nice instrumental mini parts, good voice and a music, not really known in Belgium. People will like it.
on 22 July 2013
Lila Downs shows her versatility on this album. Don't understand much of it but there are slow numbers, fast, catchy numbers -and she clearly has a great sense of fun/humour!