on 19 October 2012
OK, yes this is not a smartphone but yet it is great for every day basic tasks including texting & calling of course! In my case this phone met my needs and that is to have a Micro SD (Supports up to 32GB!), a headphone jack and a great little speaker on the back. The design of the phone is great and does not feel cheap compared to other phones out there. For the price you can't complain really. highly recommended for PAYG users (e.g. vodafone, orange etc.)
on 8 March 2013
Brilliant little phone and exactly what I wanted and expected from Samsung. Okay it came from Germany but delivery was swift and easily tracked. A neat adapter supplied for charging lead. The phone is light easy to navigate and does what I want a phone to do. I dipped my toes briefly into Smart phone technology but to be honest I just couldn't be bothered with it all. I want a phone that makes calls, sends texts, has good battery life and that I can pick up and use. If it handles well and looks good then that's a bonus and the E2600 does all of the above.
on 3 December 2012
this phone was exactly what i wanted, simple to use and with large print on the screen which you can alter yourself. i am well pleased with it,simple,basic and fine if you just want a phone thats for calls and text.
on 8 September 2013
Bought this 4 band, unlocked device to specifically work in Nova Scotia, Canada with a local SIM (as my provider Vodaphone stated that their PAYG service would not work).

Took it to Bell in Halifax who scanned it and reported that it was incompatible with their SIM cards although it does have the right frequency bands.

When I bought it I checked it had the right bands - there is no clear advice from Samsung - how about a simple compatibility chart listing counties and providers? - so I don't know what more I could have done in the UK to check it would work.

This is a device that has four frequency bands so it is reasonable that it is bought for use outside Europe. We drove for a couple of weeks around Nova Scotia with no means of making emergency calls, so I am cross with Samsung who got me into this position due to lack of sound operating advice.

Hope some techy can provide information that will prevent others falling foul of these compatibility problems.
on 8 November 2012
Am very pleased with my purchase. I like the phone and since 14October have only had to charge it twice. Excellent - and good value. Also well done Amazon on fast delivery.
on 13 September 2013
Cracking phone. I had a Samsung slider for years until it got water damaged. I've tried two smart phones since then and couldn't get used to them, the main reason being I kept phoning people accidentally, sometimes a number of times in a short period of time (seven times in 30mins on one occasion!). I read the reviews of the Samsung GT-E2600 and thought 'thats the one for me'. It's proved to be a good move, it does the basics, texting and calls, plus other things which you can read about in other reviews and in the specs.
The phone arrived on a Monday after ordering on the previous Friday evening. The only thing that worried me was the fact the display box it came in had been unsealed and then resealed . I ignored this as the phone is working ok and nothing seems to be missing out of the box.
on 23 May 2015
I don't need a smartphone,so I find this Samsung e2600 just right for me.Good for calls & texts,also has a very good forward facing camera, can be used as a computer if needed,with the other things it is worth 5 stars. I cannot see why Samsung discontinued this phone.
on 17 March 2013
For the price this is a good phone ,if you are not a "Tech Head". Good size screen and easy to navigate round. I use this for work daily, moderate usage, and the battery lasts me 3 days before charging.
on 24 December 2012
It came with a continental plug - alright it came from Germany but it was being sold on the British market and did not say anything about the plug. It's difficult to use in the dark and whilst it does connect to the internet etc it seems more suited to basic calls & texts. What do you expect for the money, after all it is not a iphone.
on 22 March 2013
This is an easy-to-use and uncomplicated phone. The sliding locking and unlocking mechanism makes for easy positive locking which is unlikely to be over-looked. The sound quality is very good and display on the colour screen is very clear and is of an easy-to-read size.