5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to the Trinity, 30 Aug 2011
The Trinity is a subject which most Christians have little understanding of and yet it is at the heart of our faith. I have found getting good material on the Trinity has been very difficult, especially material which is accessible and not academic. So Delighting in the Trinity by Tim Chester is a great find.

Chester sets out the Biblical case for the Trinity in a clear and easy to understand way. He then goes on to look at the historical developments of our understanding of the Trinity including the division between Eastern and Western churches over how to understand the Trinity. He also explains how the two traditions were brought together in the Protestant Reformation. If this sounds like it would be dry and boring then don't worry because Tim Chester has written it in an engaging manner and doesn't get bogged down in too much detail. The chapters are short and very accessible. Of course this means that you wouldn't write a dissertation based on Delighting in the Trinity but at no point did I feel like he had skimped either (although I'm not in a position to know if he did as I'm not a history expert). This is a book definitely for the majority of the church to read and not just theology students.

Chester finishes with the practical implications of the Trinity. What does it mean for revelation, salvation, humanity, and mission. I found this very useful and I couldn't help but feel that a lot of the misconceptions or issues in the church today would be helped by us having a better understanding of our God.

This is a book I would add to the church library and would lend/give to other people. The only comparable resources I have found so far are three talks on the Trinity by UCCF's Mike Reeves on Theology Network. I would say the talks and this book complement each other well.

Tim Chester has written a very good book which shows that far from the Trinity being an issue for Theologians it is a wonderful truth the entire church should know. I do not really have any criticisms to make of the book and instead recommend that people get a copy for themselves and read it. Hopefully this book will help Christians to be less embarrassed or confused by the Trinity and instead feel confident in saying that God is Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

5.0 out of 5 stars help to understand gods being, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Delighting in the Trinity (Kindle Edition)
I delighted in reading Tim Chester insight to the trinity.
This was well laid out and understandable to take in.

5.0 out of 5 stars The original and best.., 15 Aug 2013
This review is from: Delighting in the Trinity (Kindle Edition)
A lovely book. Full of deep and insightful truths from Scripture. Well-written and well researched. A 'Thesis with a big heart' that certainly holds it own when proving the existence and sheer beauty of the Trinity.
An invitation for an exciting adventure into God as He really Is and what Good News that is for us all!
Well done Tim Chester and i suspect your book may have been the original to that other book out there that everyone is raving on about - which i have also read and found to be no comparison to the authenticity of your work.

No, i am not a relative or even a friend of Mr. Chester but i can spot a stolen idea when i see one! It's just my opinion but i can't help being a little suspicious.
It's such a shame to me that in this world, the real champion never seems to get the recognition for his hard work and another sweeps in and claims the prize.

Delighting in the Trinity