5.0 out of 5 stars loads of useful information in here, 19 Jan 2012
R. E. Costabell "Resli Costabell" (London, England) - See all my reviews
When Kuhnke was writing this book, a mutual acquaintance suggested she phone me to pick my brains (BTW, Elizabeth Kuhnke and I have never met and I think we've only spoken the once, so it's not as if I'm praising my best childhood friend here). We talked about various aspects of influence and persuasion. But I was amazed to see how much powerful material Kuhnke has managed to squeeze into one easy-to-read book. She has taken hold of a massive topic, wrung the essentials out of it, and put these gems into an easy to read format. Definitely a winner.

I deliver keynotes and training on influence skills, so I'm pretty clued up on the topic. Yet as I read, I still found myself highlighting bits, making notes in the margins, and otherwise discovering all sorts of interesting new things that I'm putting to use. It's a worthwhile investment in time and money, and you'll enjoy reading it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well it persuaded me!, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Persuasion and Influence For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
An excellent overview of why we believe compelling people and how to become one. The explanations are clear and the examples persuasive. "It does what it says on the tin."

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Follow Up to Body Language, 26 Jan 2012
Dr. S. Doyle-morris (UK) - See all my reviews
Kuhnke clearly understands old the adage that 'we can get far more done with others than we can on our own'. It's amazing then how frequently we ignore this truism by working around others or on our own. With the right tools, it is far easier to use persuasion and influence to get others on board to our message to create a better product in the end. Opposed to her last book Body Language For Dummies, in this book Kuhnke focuses much more on establishing a connection with your intended audience.

I particularly liked her section on establishing credibility. Many of the types of women I work with have no difficulty in rapport building, but rather need people to recognise their expertise - which this section addresses. Her chapter on understanding the motivations of others is also very useful. Finally, I appreciate how she keeps the topic modern through assessing the impact of email - one of the most common communications methods we now use; so vital to address. I will be recommending it to my clients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Persuasion & Influence for Dummies, 5 Nov 2011
I bought this book because I rate the author's work highly based on her book 'Body Language for Dummies'. We all think we are already pretty good at Persuasion and Influence, but it's sometimes good to see the basics all laid out in an clear and organised way, so full marks to Elizabeth for doing this. I can't wait to try the results in my next business meeting!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Holistic, Practical, Ethical, 15 Feb 2012
Haider "So in Flow Ltd" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Dummies may have scored here: there are so few books on influencing and leading others that are this accessible, wholesome and practical.

This book distills a massive field into its most usable and essential components, making it 'as simple as possible, but no simpler.' It covers skills AND character, techniques AND ethics, classical influence AND modern approaches in a straightforward way that has you feel comfortable and getting excited about influencing more purposefully.

I'm a business owner who specialises in influence and very much enjoyed this book. What I enjoyed most was the breadth of knowledge and techniques contained on the pages and the depth of integrity in bringing these approaches to life. The author writes with experience, credibility and compassion - an enjoyable mix - using stories, anecdotes and contemporary examples to illustrate the point.

So, I think that whether you're looking to have more impact in business, charity, job-hunting or parenting, you'll learn some essential ways to influence by reading this book. Try it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Strategies and skills you can't wait to try out, 7 Dec 2011
Mrs. H. Krag - See all my reviews
This is my first 'for dummies' book and I did wonder if it might be quite simplistic. Not so! I am thoroughly enjoying the stories, tips and models within. I love books I can dip into, and this is a veritable treasure trove of things to try and put into practice. A 'must have' for those who want to make things happen and gain competitive advantage in today's workplace.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 6 Feb 2014
L. Guest - See all my reviews
This review is from: Persuasion and Influence For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
But really, if the author is any good, every single review should be five stars surely! I enjoyed the bit I read but never finished it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 24 July 2013
Arrived within the time given, excellent quality, and in pristine condition! I am very happy with this product and the description was very accurate, thank you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 18 Jan 2012
I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this book. Written in a very simplistic style, with each chapter laid out very clearly, this book is easy to read and even easier to put your new tools into use. After having read the book it gave me the confidence to ask for what I wanted at work - to great effect. Will carry on and see what other persuading and influencing I can apply to my life! In short, fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book!, 6 Mar 2012
Practical, useful and a great read. It's on my book shelf and I am using it regularly.A fabulous buy and a must have for everyone's bookshelf!

Persuasion and Influence For Dummies