5.0 out of 5 stars Really is the Ultimate Musicals Album! Great gift and value.
Published on 22 Nov 2011 by Miss S. Hocking

3.0 out of 5 stars Error on disc 2
Published on 27 Dec 2011 by Gary S

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really is the Ultimate Musicals Album! Great gift and value., 22 Nov 2011
Miss S. Hocking (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music Of The Night - The Ultimate Musicals Album (Audio CD)
I originally bought this for my Nan for Christmas but I've kept this one for myself and bought another for her! I can't believe the value - 8.49 for 38 of the best Musical songs over 2 CDs. It truly is the ultimate collection with all the classics such as 'Singin' in the Rain', 'Oklahoma', 'I Dreamed a Dream', 'Over the Rainbow' and so many others. Sometimes you get collections and they miss out the best songs or have rubbish covers but there are so many of the original artists on here like Elaine Paige and the original cast of Billy Elliot. There are some very good versions of the classics too such as Katherine Jenkins. A fresh twist on great original classics.

I am absolutely thrilled with this purchase. The perfect gift for Christmas for any Musical lover or in fact any music lover in general as there are some absolute beautiful classics on here sung by some of the best artists. Buy one now whilst it's at this great price, I promise you won't be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Error on disc 2, 27 Dec 2011
Gary S (cornwall, u.k.) - See all my reviews
I have found exactly the same problem as jayvee(see reveiw) in that on disc 2 track 6 plays as stranger in paradise(instead of big spendor),and also plays stranger in paradise again at track 11.Interestingly on the Amazon track listing reveiw,when playing track 6 big spendor, it also plays stranger in paradise!I can only conclude this is a mistake that covers all the recordings that have been produced.This is particularly disappointing as the discs are produced by DECCA,one of the most respected recording studios.
Having said all that,the discs contain some good material and are well recorded.
I own many hundreds of cds and have never had such a mistake on a cd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Listening, 28 Jan 2012
Very much easy listening with many popular numbers sung by well known artistes.
My initial copy was faulty-one track being omitted and replaced by a duplicate of another track.Report to Amazon brought the usual very prompt response and replacement. The replacement is perfect and being enjoyed greatly

3.0 out of 5 stars Music of the Night, 6 Jan 2012
I bought this album for my husband as one of his Christmas presents. The album was delivered well in time for Christmas so no complaints there.

The album has some really good songs although not all by the original artists. We played it for the first time on New Year's Day. Unfortunately some of the tracks towards the end of the first disc are 'jumping'. I have considered sending it back to Amazon as faulty but I don't have the packaging; whereas if I'd purchased from a store I would certainly have taken it back for an exchange.

2.0 out of 5 stars Error on Disc 2, 26 Dec 2011
On Disc 2 Track 6 there is an error. It shows on the Cover and the Booklet as being BIG SPENDER - Sweet Charity when in actual fact it is STRANGER IN PARADISE. STRANGER ON PARADISE also plays as Track 11 on the same CD.

I would ask you check your CD,s in Stock as this is defeinately an error in the recordiong of this CD

Very disappointed in this Error

2.0 out of 5 stars There is a serious recording error on Disc 2, 14 Jan 2012
I had this collection bought for me for Christmas and I should love it, because I love musicals.

Here goes with the errors on Disc 2:

Big Spender is missing and we get Stranger in Paradise (without an ending).

Here comes Climb Ev'ry Mountain and now all we get is an ending.

Consider Yourself is missing and we get Some Enchanted Evening again.

You'll Never Walk Alone is missing and we get As If We Never Said Goodbye again.

I Dreamed A Dream is missing and we get Summertime again.

Now another version of Climb Ev'ry Mountain, but still only the ending.

Then another Any Dream Will Do!

Just a minute, now we get Consider Yourself!

Here comes You'll Never Walk Alone!

It turns out that most tracks are there (some of them twice!) but for the full version of Climb Ev'ry Mountain, which is a pity as Lesley Garrett does a beautiful job from what I've heard. Plus Big Spender, which I'm less fussed about.

What a mess! This should be a fabulous recording and the first disc is perfect but really, something has gone badly amiss with the production of this CD.

Update - my husband has just taken this back to the shop and they have given him a refund without any trouble. However, this is the first complaint they have had, which surprises me. I suggest people check their copies of Disc 2 and, if there is an error, don't suffer in silence. Return them and then maybe Decca will come up with a corrected copy of this otherwise lovely collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you like musicals you'll love this., 20 Mar 2013
Delightful!! Why say more when one word sums it up!! Too many words to say what one will do. O.K. GORGEOUS!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite good, 17 Mar 2013
After reading the reviews for this compilation, which I have just listened to after getting as a christmas present (2011) I am relieved that it is not only my Disc 2 that has a major error (Track 6 = Track 11) and also I did wonder about Climb every mountain thinking it was a rather short song (under 1.30). There are a number of pleasant surprises on the disc. Defying Gravity is the major one (loved it), and also Electricity (Disc 1.) Other highlights include Consider yourself, Music of the Night, I know him so well and Mama who bore me. It's a shame about Track 6, because even though I counted 23 immediately likeable tracks (out of 37) it's a very good compilation.

2.0 out of 5 stars Duplicated tracks, 19 July 2012
Beware there are duplicate tracks on CD 2 with track 6 and 11 being the same song. Otherwise this is not a bad album for show lovers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vi CD - An Dulan, 21 April 2012
Superb CD of pleasant music which my wife loves to play filling the house with the excellent sounds while she relaxes or works at home. Good purchase on my part.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Music Of The Night - The Ultimate Musicals Album
Music Of The Night - The Ultimate Musicals Album by Various Artists (Audio CD - 2011)