4.0 out of 5 stars Great Pen, grows on you with time.
The pen is large and heavy, but after a short time I quickly adjusted and it became natural for writing.
The fiber pen refill is very smooth, I would say the Medium nib is fine/ medium.

It is well made, distinctive design is very smart.

As someone who has a number of fountain pens, I found that very quickly it suited me,
no fountain pen...
Published on 13 Sept. 2012 by hassers

1.0 out of 5 stars Ink use appalling
Have to partially agree with other user. The ink consumption is appalling - lasts no time whatsoever and I'm a light user. Parker needs to sort this
Published on 6 Mar. 2012 by Jinxie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Pen, grows on you with time., 13 Sept. 2012

It is well made, distinctive design is very smart.

no fountain pen foibles of refilling, drying up or blots.

Is it just me that holds their breath when someone borrows a fountain pen.
2 mins use by a heavy handed colleague can alter a nib that previously was perfect.
It also surprises me how many people like to try a good quality pen.

Its hard to explain why this pen works so well.
Changing over to a new nib / full refill takes a few seconds and no mess.

Finally it's relatively expensive - both the pen and the refills.
If you like quality pens its worth a try.

Most of the proper reviews I've seen on-line have been very positive.
The only bad comments are by those who expected a fountain pen.

If you use something everyday then don't skimp, a small luxury is a real pleasure.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ink use appalling, 6 Mar. 2012
Jinxie (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parker Ingenuity Large Black Rubber Chrome Trim Medium Nib 5th Technology Pen - Gift Boxed (Office Product)

4.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 17 July 2012
The pen itself is beautiful and stylish and certainly get a few looks once in your hand, and is a delight to write with in my own humble opinion. It glides across the page with no resistance, and there is no interruption to the flow. It is heavier then normal pens, and even slightly more than my fountain pen but this does not affect my writing, rather serves to steady my had and improve it. I have very small handwriting that suffers when using ballpoint and rollerball pens. However having found my niche with felt tipped sharpies and fine tipped fountain pens, i was after a pen which would mimic both and without the risk of leakage of fountain pens. This pen was an excellent (if slightly expensive) answer.

The only reason i have not given this pen a full five star rating is not due to the pen, but down to the refills. They are quite expensive for a mock fountain pen, and i can see how this is one of the few factors which can annoy hardcore fans and pen collectors (of which i am certainly not!) . One other reviewer has also mentioned they do not last very long, a fact i have not yet validated so cannot comment.

Overall, for anyone reasonably considering buying one of these pens, try and find a source/shop where you could test it and decide if it suits your writing style. Failing that however, you still should not be disappointed with your purchase, as this is a fine treat should you choose to indulge!

4.0 out of 5 stars It writes well, 27 April 2013
I have appalling handwriting and I am always on the lookout for a pen that will make it look that much neater. This pen is the best that I have used with this in mind. I do not have the problems that others mention concerning ink smudging. My only complaint is that it is overpriced. If it cost a third of the sale price, it would be good value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Parker Ingenuity, 10 Dec. 2012
I simply love this pen! It is everything I expected and more. Everybody at work is asking about the pen and saying that they also want one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful to write with, 19 Feb. 2012
I really like this pen. I used to write a great deal, always with a fountain pen but lately find that because the computer has taken over, my fountain pen dries out. I've had this for four moths now, and try and find excuses to use it, it has such a good "feel". Good solid weight to it. Highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Parker Ingenuity pen, 25 Dec. 2011
Pen was sent to me from France very quickly. Excellent product, I'm really delighted with it. Totally different feel to conventional fountain pens.

5.0 out of 5 stars The embodiment of smooth writing, 17 Dec. 2011
Marcus Laver (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This pen is a breakthrough in writing technology. Although it is a felt tip, it is by far the smoothest one I have ever used over the past 35 years. The smoothness of the writing is simply unbelievable and has to be really experienced before any fair comment can be made on this pen. The pen is NOT a fountain pen and there is no intention to make it appear as such, despite the nib-like tip, which is essentially just 'for show'. The pen is a little on the expensive side, but this is because Parker is marketing it as a luxury pen, which perhaps is a mistake, as those who expensive pens tend to be a fussy, fastidious bunch. The weight of the pen is solid and this larger version is obviously aimed at men, while the shorter versions, with more varied colours, are much more targeted for women. If you love smooth writing and have enjoyed writing with fineliners before, you will absolutely love this pen, on the other hand, if you are expecting a new type of fountain pen then you will be disappointed. A previous review called this pen a 'Sharpie' - nothing could be further from the truth as the performance of the pen is light years better than any disposable felt tipped pen I have ever come across.

1.0 out of 5 stars An unexceptional fibre-tip pen, 28 April 2014
Quite nice looking, but excessively expensive for what is essentially just an unexceptional fine-point fibre tip pen. The looks and handling are not so great as to warrant the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Pen, 26 Jun. 2013
Calum I. MacLeod "ciml" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
The 5th is weightier than I expected; much heavier than a Duofold International. It writes very nicely and is very neat and clean to use (no splodges or ink on my hands).

The ink use is not "appalling" as some people claim, but this pen obviously costs more to run than a fountain pen or ballpoint. This should be expected as the refills have a lot more to them.

I think that fountain pen users looking for a day-to-day pen will mostly like the 5th, while keeping their favourite traditional pen for use at home. The 5th is a good compromise and I'm glad that Parker have produced it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›