4.0 out of 5 stars A REAL PRACTICAL REVIEW OF THIS PRODUCT!
Published 19 months ago by CS

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but already broken!
The packaging from Amazon was awful. The product arrived in the packaging from the manufacturer only (which is fine, if you are buying from a shop, and taking straight home,)but this item was delivered by a courier, and by the time it reached me, the packaging was badly damaged.
The machine inside seemed fine.
The DVD is a bit old fashioned. It looks like it...
Published 8 months ago by Jodydeepdiver

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A REAL PRACTICAL REVIEW OF THIS PRODUCT!, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3000 Steam Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this thinking it would make housework much easier. I am pleased with the product, having never used a steam cleaner before. From the point of view of a complete novice, I have taken a bit of time to get used to it. It is not the 'miracle' product I had hoped it would be - cleaning is cleaning and can still be hard work however you look at. But what I would say is, with time, you get to know how to get the best out of the product. I struggled using it to clean my floors, which is what I bought it for. I have large areas of light coloured granite flooring to clean and hoped this would make things easier. I was left with watermarked granite and was pretty disappointed. However, I persevered and have realised that I need to steam small sections, say 1m squared at a time, then flip the cloth over and dry the area immediately. The results are fantastic, sparkling floors. The little nylon brush brought the white grout up between the floor tiles fantastically, but it takes time and patience. I also used another nylon brush for the grotty bit under the toilet rims and this was great - you can buy different coloured brushes to avoid cross contamination - great! I have curved glass shower cabinets, so after experimenting, I found the small brush with a sockette worked best - I put a spot of washing up liquid on the sockette as I felt it needed something more than steam alone - after this I rinsed the glass with hot water from the shower and dried it - I was really pleased with the result. I used this same technique on the shower tray and the bath, and they are gleaming like never before. I find the window accessory quite useless - instead, I just steam the mirrors and glass and dry them for great results. The same goes for kitchen cupboard doors, windowsills etc. Like most new appliances, you tend to have a bundle of accessories that you never use and I think this is going to be the case for me. But the ones I do use, I will use with pleasure. The accompanying dvd gives you some idea of how to get started with the machine, but the immaculate lady in full make up, steam cleaning the already clean bath is just annoying :-)! Finally, I must give full praise to Polti for their customer service in dealing with an issue I had with one of the accessories - they replaced it immediately, no questions asked.

5.0 out of 5 stars A REAL WORK HORSE, 13 Aug 2012
I have used steam cleaners for several years now and as soon as my last one broke had no hesitation about ordering another. I always stick to the Polti range though probably because I tend to use it most days rarely get more than 3 years service from each. I also find if you use the iron attachment it tends to shorten the life of the cleaner. All that aside it make light work of most cleaning jobs. I have black granite worktops in the kitchen and they come up like brand spanking gleaming new after a quick steam clean and a wipe with an e-cloth. The Eco Pro 3000 comes with a lot of attachments and is very powerful. I quickly blows away all the dust from behind radiators and I always feel the kitchen and bathroom are so much cleaner and fresher than when I use conventional cleaning methods (sprays etc).

5.0 out of 5 stars Polti Vaporetto Eco Pro 3000 Steam Cleaner, 16 Feb 2014
I have had a Polti before and loved it, unfortunately after 15 years of valiant service (every day), it stopped working. This one is excellent too, I don't know how I managed without it. Not only is it wonderful for cleaning kitchen and bathrooms it's great for bringing life back into my 4 year old carpets. I still have the iron from my old Polti and have been making light work of my ironing - which no longer seems to be a chore as it is done so quickly and easily.
If you don't have Polti and have thought of buying a steam cleaner I believe this is the one you should get.

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good on tough dirt!!, 3 Jun 2014
Really good at tackling ingrained dirt in lino flooring, carpets etc. Just takes a little while to warm up when it needs refilling. Definitley recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations, 6 Oct 2014
Excellent machine. Feels solid and the amount of steam it generates is amazing. Cuts through any cleaning job, even the grout between tiles.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 22 Jun 2013
Did a lot of research before opting for this one. So far seems to be doing a good job although I have not mastered the art of carpet cleaning. However, on tiled floors it is quick and brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 7 May 2014
Wish I bought this years ago. It is a bit time consuming particularly the first use but great results ,

5.0 out of 5 stars poltu the best, 27 Sep 2012
Great steam cleaner, well worth the money, cuts cleaning time. With a household that contains of 4 large waggy tail dogs, who love to dig in the back garden soil and then wag their tails all around the kitchen I need something that will clean and disinfect quickly, and this machine is wonderful. Its a pleasure to use and also clears any sinus problems i have whilst cleaning. What more can anyone want.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 21 Aug 2014
Love this steamer, I've waited until I've used this on different applications and it has performed brilliantly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but already broken!, 16 April 2014
The machine inside seemed fine.
The DVD is a bit old fashioned. It looks like it was filmed in the 1980's. The quality of the picture is poor, but I picked up a lot of tips for using the product nonetheless.
I have been using it for most of the day, with FANTASTIC results. I was very happy, until the large brush came apart while using it. I have tried, and my husband has tried to put it back together, but not a chance 80/

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›