4.0 out of 5 stars A good skin for your kindle
Excellent skin, exactly as described, in true white (not transparent). Fits the kindle like a glove and has every button individualized. However, because it is a somewhat thick skin it does make it harder to change pages (you have to press on the bezel buttons harder, making the kindle difficult to use with just one hand).
Published on 18 Jan 2012 by A. C. Palma

3.0 out of 5 stars Rubberised Protection for Your Kindle!
Published 18 months ago by Brett H

4.0 out of 5 stars A good skin for your kindle, 18 Jan 2012
A. C. Palma (Portugal) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Rubberised Protection for Your Kindle!, 30 Jan 2013
Brett H "pentangle" (Brighton) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Marware SportGrip Silicone Skin Case for Kindle Cover, Black (will only fit Kindle) (Accessory)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Kindle SportGrip is a soft rubberised cover which fits perfectly over my Kindle with easy access to all the buttons. It provides protection to the corners and the back, but not to the front of the Kindle which is open to the elements. However, it does not provide as much protection as a proper leather type case which would be more resistant to, for example, the Kindle being dropped.

The cover has a nice, non slip feel to it and is quite light. I am not sure what sports the manufacturers had in mind for its use, but it's fine in the gym on the static bikes etc. There are drawbacks in terms of looks and lack of protection when compared with some of Marware's more all encompassing covers but I am not sure there are any obvious advantages.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeping your grip..., 23 Feb 2013
techpuppy "aka stylepuppy" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
We already have a Marware Eco-Flip Leather Cover for Kindle and although it's great there are times when we needed something a bit more streamlined and less 'formal' for everyday use, so decided to give this SportGrip sleeve a try. From past experience with similar mobile phone covers I know some silicon covers are total lint magnets and pick up every bit of dust or fluff they come into contact with - so far this SportGrip sleeve seems to have avoided that, the cover has a nice secure non-slip feel to it but remains relatively lint-free in use. Still not sure why it's called the 'SportGrip' - maybe more athletic readers use their Kindles as ping-pong bats at the weekend?

The other concern with silicon sleeves is the balance between being thick enough to offer some bump protection and still be thin enough to allow easy use of all the controls. Again the SportGrip gets this about right, maybe erring a bit on the side of cushioning - you do have to press a couple of the Kindle buttons slighty more firmly than before but it's a worthwhile compromise for the extra protection. I only wish we'd got it sooner as our Kindle is showing some wear and tear, but then once inside its new sleeve you'd never know. Note, there's no screen protection at all with this cover so you need to purchase screen protectors separately if you feel you need them. It's not the cheapest silicon Kindle sleeve but it's the best I've seen (and felt).

4.0 out of 5 stars holiday, 15 Dec 2013
i bought this to protect my beloved kindle from the sea, splashes, sand and lotions when on holiday and neutral colour means my husband will use it too

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought for a daughter who treats a kindle like real books!, 3 Dec 2013
Andrew Smith (CROYDON, Surrey, GB) - See all my reviews
I've seen this dropped on the table and generally abused by a young teenager with no problems to date. A good alternative to the cover style cases.

4.0 out of 5 stars Protects my Kindle, 3 Sep 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Before I got the Marware Sportgrip Silicone case, I didn't have a cover for my Kindle and I was unsure whether I really needed one and what difference it would make. But now, having used my Kindle with the cover on, I can see that it is a good idea. This is a durable silicone case which snugly fits on my Kindle and protects it from damage. I found that I had to press a little harder on the buttons after I fitted the case which is my main criticism. The other negative is the lack of style: this case is practical and durable but it is pretty boring and, considering it is simply a piece of black silicone, the price is pretty high. But it does the job and I am happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for the commuter, 2 Aug 2013
This case is brilliant. I needed to buy a new Kindle as my last died from over use. As my first Kindle was one of the original models the case would not fit the newer model (now donated to a fellow Kindle user). Having had a case that covered the Kindle like a book cover I looked around for a similar case that would both protect the Kindle but also enable me to hold the Kindle in one hand and still operate the buttons, this was essential as I commute on a regular basis and have to stand on the tube more times then I like but tolerate this by staying engrossed in my book. I found it hard to find a suitable cover until I found the SportGrip, now I appreciate that it does not cover the front screen and slightly contridicts what I said before but I took the chance and have been pleased with my choice. The cover does protect the edges and buttons but still allows unhindered operation of all the buttons and does feel comfortable in your hand giving confidence whilst using the Kindle (even in a packed commuter train). I'm glad I brought this cover and would recommend it to everyone who asked.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 5 April 2013
good product and a fast service also a good price if i need any other products i will use this firm again

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for gym users but has disadvantages-unattractive., 22 Jan 2013
JK "Julie K." (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Rubberised cover that fits well over my Kindle and gives easy access to all function buttons. Protects the corners and back of the Kindle but leaves the front open. The advantage of the SportGrip is the rubbery material which offers greater protection to covered areas plus; there's no need to open and close. The market for the cover is definitely people using static bikes, etc., at the gym. Not a good looking cover and I don't care too much for the slippery/smooth feel of the material. Not as good as many other Marware cases/cover and, in my own opinion, the real disadvantage is having to change from SportGrip to a 'normal' cover/case when putting my Kindle in my bag because the screen's going to get damaged if I don't. Giving 4* simply because the SportGrip's suitable for purpose even though I don't particularly like it.

4.0 out of 5 stars just what my kindle needed, 31 Dec 2011
ordered this on boxing day and it arrived on Thursday. Ordered it in grey. Its a snug fit and will protect the device from bumps and scrapes. I'm very happy with the product