5.0 out of 5 stars Move over, Chuckie, there's a new doll in town!
J.C. Martin's THE DOLL is a delightfully creepy novelette and a must-read for any horror lover.

Joyce Parker and her daughter journey to Mexico's Island of the Dolls. If the hanging dolls weren't scary enough, the dark altar to a drowned child will, at least to Joyce. Her daughter is delighted with the dolls and wants to take one for her own. Unfortunately for...
Published on 14 Oct 2011 by Cherie Reich

3.0 out of 5 stars not a bad short story
Quite creepy, liked the idea of the dolls coming to life. Kept the pace going and a twist at the end.
Published 3 months ago by Jane E. Myers

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Doll (Kindle Edition)
Too short and rushed the story could have been so much better had the author actually tried to make it work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Book!, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Doll (Kindle Edition)
I love this book. If you hate dolls, like me, it will be sure to send shivers down your spine. I highly recommend this. <3

4.0 out of 5 stars I think dolls might scare me as much as clowns these days!, 10 Jun 2014
P. Mortimer "Jules & Pip" (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Doll (Kindle Edition)
Found this short story really rather spooky, & struggled to sleep at first, due to being terrified the doll on my dressing table was going to come to life & jump on my face! This is a well written & enjoyable read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Creepy, 5 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Doll (Kindle Edition)
The Doll got off to a really good start for me, made all the more creepy ( much more!) by the fact that the island of hanging dolls really exists - what a frightening thought! The story is strong and fast paced though fairly predictable and the writing style clear. It was hard to like Joyce and even harder to like her daughter Taylor and that was a little off putting as it wasn't easy to root for them but I did want to see the story through despite the characters. The ending was more or less inevitable and horrible!

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Doll (Kindle Edition)
It was a nice quick read that had a great plot and read very easily. I would have liked it to have been a tad longer but all in all a good read

4.0 out of 5 stars A little predictable but still a very enjoyable read., 24 May 2014
This review is from: The Doll (Kindle Edition)
Ugh Dolls!! Is there anything more creepy than dolls, they have always creeped me out.
I used to hide all my dolls in the cuboard when I was a wee girl or my over active imagination would have them moving and sneaking up on me in the dark while I was in bed.
This story reminds me of that fear. It's short, It's creepy and it's got dolls. What's not to enjoy?

1.0 out of 5 stars This wasn't for me, 13 May 2014
This review is from: The Doll (Kindle Edition)
To me, this was a pointless story with no substance. Even though it was a short story, I ended up fast-forwarding pages to see what happened in the end. It most certainly is not in my top ten!

2.0 out of 5 stars Too short, 12 May 2014
This review is from: The Doll (Kindle Edition)
The book was too short for any suspense to be built and was therefore not scary. Not worth a read.

2.0 out of 5 stars Short and Boring, 25 April 2014
This review is from: The Doll (Kindle Edition)
I like this genre of book but sadly found the doll to lack story and interest. On a plus point its so short you can read it in a couple of sittings. Nothing really happened there was no real story or character development. Would only recommend if you want a quick read without having to pay much attention.

4.0 out of 5 stars Scary, 11 April 2014
This review is from: The Doll (Kindle Edition)
Good read not quite what you expect similar result but different way if getting there. Creepy and good bedtime story

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›