Top critical review
72 people found this helpful
A useful tool - but not a "must-have"
on 20 August 2013
Unit was bought to provide a lighter-weight tool than my Stihl Hedge Cutter with its petrol engine to trim hedges/trees up to 300 yards from the house and to access out-of-reach sections of hedges & prune ornamental/fruit trees.
Pros - extending handle & tilting head live up to expectations
- cutter head & saw blade easily interchanged
- quiet operation = no need for ear protectors
- deals with 1st & 2nd year growth adequately & will handle box & privet well
Cons - battery operation = small motor = small cutter blades = you cannot rush this machine & still expect good results
- blades MUST be kept sharp for the same reason
- there is already minor damage to the cutter blades indicating inferior quality steel
- the two power switches are awkwardly shaped & sized. I am going to tape the master/rear switch to permanently ON to ease the strain on aged fingers & permit better control during cutting
- saw blade has very small teeth & I doubt will be much use. A pole saw or long-handled branch lopper will be more effective.
Verdict - is it worth RRP of £150 = No
- " " " sale price of £100 = Ye....es, but with distinct reservations
- " " a "must-have" tool = No