on 13 April 2013
I admit I am a huge Marilyn fan. I have read many books and articles about Miss Monroe and I like to believe that I knew a fair bit about this women. Michelle Morgan has spoken to many different individuals who personally knew Marilyn and has gathered information which sets straight many misconceptions about the starlet. This really gives us the closest insight yet to what the hollywood star was really like.
on 24 August 2012
This is a brilliant biography of a woman who has spawned an industry of biographies. Written from a woman's point of view, which I believe is its strength, it touches the heart with its depiction of Monroe's vulnerability and usage by a ruthless industry. It also analyses her relationships sympathetically. I recommend this book for anyone interested in the movie industry.
on 19 September 2012
I have read many of the Marilyn Monroe books out there and have usually been disappointed as they tend to have their own theories as to the sort of person Marilyn Monroe was and why she behaved as she did, usually blaming someone else for her life choices and making her out to be some kind of airhead or a too good to be true angel. Finally this book gives as many facts as possible from many different people and their experiences of dealing with Marilyn Monroe both on a professional and personal level so you get a more rounded view of the character she actually was. A must read for any MM fan.
on 28 June 2012
I have just finished reading the most extraordinary book, Marilyn Monroe, Private and Undisclosed by Michelle Morgan. For any fan or admirer of MM this book is a must, as for the first time you get to meet the real woman, not just the clichéd sex symbol. This book had me wide eyed at some of the facts that I had never known before, I felt like I was reading about a completely different woman, one I had never met before. I started researching Marilyn many years ago(early 1980's) for my first book, Marilyn On Marilyn and felt that over the years, with all the further reading of the plethora of biographies that have been published, I had a 'handle' on the woman that was Norma Jeane/Marilyn Monroe. But this book has made me realise how little I really knew. Of course all the major landmarks of MM's life are here in full detail but it is the lesser known details of her life that make this book so fascinating. Day to day events bring her to life in a startling way. For the first time I now understand Marilyn's progression through the movie industry from starlet to major star, revealing stints in live theatre. Her childhood too takes on a new light as caring and loving foster families and relatives are revealed. Michelle's research has brought her into contact with Marilyn's friends and family, more casual friends and acquaintances and work colleagues, their thoughts and opinions concerning Monroe give us a rounded portrait of a sensitive and caring woman who also craved attention, admiration and acceptance. Also revealed are some character traits that a lot of Marilyn fans may not want to acknowledge but it is this honesty that makes the book so revealing, truthful and valuable. Rather than alienating the Monroe fan, it is these traits related honestly and factually that make you understand and admire her struggles so much more. If you have not bought and read this book already I absolutely urge you to. It is so good I want to read it again, I want to digest all this new information even more, and I am going to. Michelle, Marilyn Monroe would be so proud and happy to have had her story told so honestly and lovingly. Thank you from myself and, I am sure, a myriad of MM fans worldwide.....
on 14 February 2014
I have read this twice now...there is so much detail and exact evidence which makes everything reliable and accurate. the author has taken great care in producing something, entertaining, coherent and reliable. I loved there was no -gossipy- type pieces in this, it was all very factual and gave me a clear description of Marilyn's life and her feelings.
This book told me what a brilliant, warm, kind and thoroughly wonderful person Marilyn Monroe was. I would recommend this read to everyone who cares about life and how people can make a difference to people's lives. I rated this book 5/5 however if I could have it would have Ben 10/10. Simply brilliant
on 5 August 2014
I have always loved Marilyn Monroe, so as soon as I found this and ordered it I knew I couldnt wait to read it. As soon as it came through the post, I put my book I was reading down and started reading this :)
A must read for all Marilyn fans,
on 16 August 2015
Great book about Marilyn Monroe. This is one of the best in my collection of books about Marilyn. Author Michelle Morgan has done a magnificent job in researching and writing this book. A must have for any Marilyn fan!
on 14 May 2014
She is a legend, that my Mother loved, just as as much j as I did. as I grew up! I.What a sad life she had, but, she was, a truly, wonderful talent and she was also a very very intelligent lady!!
on 2 September 2012
Michelle Morgan took the time to contact me after reading my Marilyn bio... and she had some kind things to say about my efforts. But I am an amateur writer and if you want to see how it's done properly and read a brilliantly-researched piece of work about a truly amazing young woman, then look no further that Michelle's book. Her knowledge and love of Marilyn shines through and I am proud not only own this book, but to be able to call the talented author a friend...