I have had one of these feeders in my garden for over a year and it is EXCELLENT.

It is SO EASY to fill, although I see one reviewer does not seem to have been able to figure it out.
Published on 6 Oct 2012 by Colin

3.0 out of 5 stars Sparrow got its head stuck in the feeder
I bought this along with the other two products in this range. This morning I had to free up a sparrow that had got its head stuck in the feeding hole. The seed level was quite low which may have been the reason for the bird putting its head in so far. Make sure you keep it topped up to avoid such problems.
Published 5 months ago by P. Conroy

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, durable, and the birds in my garden love it. EXCELLENT and excellent value., 6 Oct 2012
Colin "(52)" (UK and Azerbaijan) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Chapelwood Wild Bird Doughnut Seed Feeder (Garden & Outdoors)

You unscrew the solid piece at the bottom of the chain from the feeder (turn it anti-clockwise), and lift it off the feeder. There is a threaded rod that pokes through the stainless steel cover. The stainless steel cover lifts off and the plastic part of the feeder is wide open and easy to fill.
Pour in your seed, replace the stainless steel cover. There is a male screw thread that slides through the hole in the centre of the cover.
Screw the fitting at the bottom of the chain back on, and it is ready to go. There is no need to use any tools, simply make it up to be firmly hand-tight. I just tighten it as much as I can, using just one finger and thumb. I can see that perhaps if someone used a pair of pliers they might over-tighten the thread and it might strip.

Refilling takes about 1-2 minutes start to finish.

The only thing that I have found to watch out for is that as you screw it back together the chain twists up. So once it is reassembled, hold the feeder let it spin slowly and let the chain untwist slowly and gently. If you just let it go and spin freely (and fast/uncontrolled) , the chain links can come apart and the feeder fall to the garden. But the chain is easy to fix back together in a matter of seconds without needing any tools.
When I discovered this and mine fell to the garden, one of the little perches bent, but I was able to simply straighten it with my fingers, and rehook the chain back together without any drama. Since then I simply let it untwist slowly and I have had no more problem.

I have refilled mine many many times and nothing has broken or even cracked. It has been outside in 2 scottish winters without cracking. The small birds love it - sparrows, finches and tits. Starlings struggle to use it, which is great. I put their food on the bird table and garden, but the small birds have this feeder to themselves. The seed I usually use in it is Chapelwood High Energy 'no Mess' Seed Mix 12.75kg and sometimes I add some dried mealworms.
The seed inside stays dry throughout rain and other bad weather.

I have bought some other feeders in the past that were strong, metal, well made and more expensive, but the birds seemed frightened to use them, maybe there was too much shiny chrome. I don't know.
But this one is well used daily by a variety of smaller birds.

I strongly recommend it, it IS easy to fill and so far as I can find, not easy to break. I have tried many many different style of bird-feeders, and this one is the best that I have found.

Dec2013: I still have the original feeder in my garden plus a second one that I put up just before last winter - both going strong, and no cracks even after several severe winters. Easy to open, fill and put back.

Jan 2014: one of my feeders has broken - in the high winds the entire bird table was blown over and it fell on one of the feeders and smashed it. I have just bought a new one, no difficulty to fill it and use it at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value item, 7 Nov 2012
Mrs. S Hood "Breeze" (UK) - See all my reviews
This item arrived very quickly, and proved to be very easy to fill. Thanks to the previous reviewer who gave clear simple instructions on how to unscrew the metal guard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Elegant, 5 Aug 2012
Elegant design well thought out birds ,were a bit cautious for a bit but now even the pigeons sit on the lower perch and eat from the feeder,great success keeps the food dry, just occasionally in the dreadful weather we have had one side clogs up and just needs to be freed,otherwise good and takes ages before it needs to be refilled.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, 11 Oct 2012
Really happy with this, overall a great purchase. Many thanks! Arrived quickly and was well packaged, looks great in the garden.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely feeder, 28 April 2012
This is really a very nice feeder. We use it for peanuts and the blue tits love it. There are, on either side, small sticks on which they can sit and especially in spring, there is almost a traffic jam to get to the food.

The chain used to hang it from a branch works very well also.

3.0 out of 5 stars Sparrow got its head stuck in the feeder, 25 May 2014
P. Conroy "Gorrig Reviews" (Ceredigion) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Birds love it, 15 Feb 2014
This bird feeder is larger than it looks. It is very easy to fill and I am glad I read the helpful review already on Amazon about how to do this otherwise you would wonder how to get the bird seed inside!!!! I half filled it and hung it up and even with all the wet weather we have had the seed has stayed dry inside. Have had a few birds feeding on it but they are a bit wary as I have two cats but they are starting to get more confident and I seem to have the same pair of tiny birds coming every morning now. Made sure I hung it high up so cats cannot get to it. Excellent feeder for the money and holds lots which does not seem to go bad as the water does not get inside.

5.0 out of 5 stars just perfect, 11 Feb 2014
I m absolutely thrilled with this bird feeder.Delivery was fast and packaged well.I filled the feeder after unscrewing the top.Within a day I ve had a robin and a great tit feeding from it.One really big plus for this feeder is the wood pigeons can't use it so hopefully will stay fuller for longer.It looks just great.Really really pleased.

4.0 out of 5 stars The doughnut feeder, 11 Nov 2013
easy to fill and looks good hanging - only slight problem I can foresee is that the portion the top is screwed into at the top is rather flimsy as it only goes into very thin plastic - needs delicate handling. But it looks good and the birds are straight onto it

3.0 out of 5 stars For garden, 8 Jun 2014
The birds seem to like it - one did have a fault as it did not close correctly nothing to add

Chapelwood Wild Bird Doughnut Seed Feeder