5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!
I can't remember the last time I was this excited about an act. Their voices are sublime, individually and in harmony, and I truly believe they could sing anything! The album features covers from many different eras, but the overall sound can't really be pigeon-holed - it's doo-wop but not as we know it, as there is a distinctly modern flavour to The Overtones...
Published on 13 Mar. 2011 by Lola DeLorean

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable CD
As above enjoyable CD. Nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't sound as exciting on CD as when they performed on TV.
Published on 22 Feb. 2013 by Steph

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection!, 13 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Good Ol' Fashioned Love (Audio CD)
Personal favourites are the fantastic Gambling Man (an original number of theirs and a toe tapping upbeat gem) and Have I Told You Lately where the bass voice of Lachie Chapman really shines. Been listening to this album every day for 3 months now and still love it just as much - you can't help but smile when you listen to it. Having seen them in interviews etc they seem like genuine, talented and hard working musicians and I'm looking forward to seeing them live on their upcoming tour.

4.0 out of 5 stars feel happy album, 14 Nov. 2011
Mrs. Mary J. Huggins "marjoriam" (Bristol UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Ol' Fashioned Love (Audio CD)
Good vocals,and excellent harmonies from this upcoming group. Includes some new and some older style songs, but it gives you that 'feel happy' sing along effect.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 17 Nov. 2011
John Farrell "tyne and wear" (gateshead) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Good Ol' Fashioned Love (Audio CD)
love the overtones.....this is deluxe edition of there first album...with an extra 6 tracks.....includes a great version of only girl in the world..and rolling in the deep.....also there latest single second last chance........a great cd well worth buying............

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Talent, 23 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Good Ol' Fashioned Love (Audio CD)
Great sounds and harmonies, good luck to the boys, they deserve to succeed.
Real music as it should sound ,without all the electronic gadgets.
Dennis The Menace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Good Ol' Fashioned Love (Audio CD)
0ne of the best CD's to-date, playing it non-stop, each and every song is sung to perfection harmonies excellent love every song and hope they make another CD in the future which without hearing I would buy it instantly. I have no hesitation in recommending you will not be disappointed it is a real gem!

5.0 out of 5 stars Next big thing - cool sound, kookie vibe. Love it, 19 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Good Ol' Fashioned Love (Audio CD)
Raw talent, great sound. These guys have been around for a while plugging away at their music from grass routes. Can't wait to hear this album when launched!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 1 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Good Ol' Fashioned Love (Audio CD)
I seen The Overtones at the Matt Goss concert at the Royal Albert Hall in October and really really loved their songs, then got an album sampler after the show. I absolutely love the album, there isnt a song on it that you listen to and think oh thats not very good, they are all fabulous! Really really want them to come to Liverpool so I can see them again :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old fashioned raw talent, 23 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Good Ol' Fashioned Love (Audio CD)
Hey these guys have worked so hard to get this deserved break and the results are fantastic. This album will be huge and with original songs like Gambling Man, makes the future look extremely bright for the lads. Perfectly pitched between the Plan B/Amy Winehouse and Michael Buble fans! The harmonies are tight and real, Timmy's lead vocals are sublime.... All the best lads!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabby grooving stuff!, 17 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Good Ol' Fashioned Love (Audio CD)
If you haven't already got this CD - GET IT NOW!
This is not my usual genre of music but I saw these guys being interviewed and loved their style. I play this CD in my kitchen - it helps me with the cooking and cleaning - I just groove the time away whilst working! I play it in my car on every trip, even my 16 year old daughter, who normally wouldn't have anything to do with my taste, sings along with me and the boys.
Honestly, it is soooo groovy (even for a 40 something yr old woman)!
Buy it and dance those extra pounds away whilst you get ready for Christmas - in fact, I'm going to buy more copies for Christmas pressies!

4.0 out of 5 stars Feelgood, 28 May 2012
This review is from: Good Ol' Fashioned Love (Audio CD)
Loved this from all the songs I already knew as singles or covers through to the ones I hadn't heard. Great party tunes and refreshingly 'different'. Can't see this going out of 'fashion'.