5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!
The 'AVerMEDIA C281 Game capture HD' is great! its really easy to use, has a remote control and doesn't need a computer to record! it records at max 1080i at .AVI format. you can also plug a USB into it and save your recordings into that, if not then you can insert a hard drive into it either 9.5mm or 12.5mm. its great for any console gamer and can record game play on...
Published on 15 Jan 2012 by SHOCKN3SSK1D

3.0 out of 5 stars i cant hear my own voice
when i am in an Xbox party i can here everyone but myself.I will give a higher score if I find an answer.
Published 4 months ago by judge

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 8 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bit of kit !!, 6 Jun 2013
This review is from: AVerMedia Game Capture HD (C281)-Record Xbox 360, PS3, and Wii HD Gameplay in Real-time up to 1080P (Personal Computers)
Bought this to record game play from my PS3. Worked flawlessly. Very easy to setup. I bought this because I didn't have room where my PS3 was to setup a PC or laptop to record onto. With this you can either buy a HDD to install inside the case or you can just buy an external HDD and connect it via USB. As you will need the HDD to connect to your PC or laptop, I went with the external USB options as I didn't want to have to open up the AverMedia box every time I wanted to access my recordings.

It comes with all the cables you need to connect the PS3, (and probably an Xbox) to your TV. Has some handy little settings on it as well to stop any sort of input lag as well.

One thing to bear in mind is that it's worth keeping an eye on Avermedia's website for Firmware updates. These are very simple to install, just download the firmware update onto a USB stick, then plug in the USB stick to the AverMedia Game Capture box, goto the menu system, goto update and follow the on screen instructions.

All in all I was very happy with this device and recommended it to fellow gamers who wanted to record their game play.

P.S. Also bear in mind that ANY game capture device for the PS3 which says it will work with an HDMI cable is lying. Sony encode the HDMI signal being sent from the PS3, which means that any recording device trying to record from the PS3 HDMI signal won't be able to. They have done this to try and stop piracy of DVD's/Blu-Ray's.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 1 Jun 2013
Pretty sweet capture card for what it is. I liked the fact it doesn't need to be connected to a computer, just to an external hard drive. The quality is nice to of my PS3, hoping it will work with PS4 (if that doesn't have its own recording option). Only thing I had a problem with was that it uses component cables to component ports on the TV, which my TV didn't have so that was a problem however I just bought a VGA cable to connect my TV to the component ports on the capture card, so I then just put the red/white component cables into the composite ports on my TV. In then end its works and is good quality both for video and pictures.

5.0 out of 5 stars An aspiring game recorder's best purchase yet, 6 May 2013
I've owned several capture cards in the past, mainly EZcap and Dazzle products. The complications and various technical errors that I've always associated with capture cards left me a little anxious when it came to clicking the "purchase" button on this comparatively pricey model.

It seems as if all my anticipative worries were unnecessary, though. I've never had a smoother recording experience!
All the player needs to do is set up the device (a very quick process) and hit "record" using a provided remote controller when desired. You'll need to have a way of storing the recorded data, though; I recommend that you purchase a 32GB flash drive (I bought a SanDisk and had no problems).

After the data has been recorded, simply stick it into your computer and voilà! it's transferred.

You may run into one or two minor technical issues; sometimes I'm told that the flash drive isn't recognised and needs to be formatted, but this is a five-second job and can be sorted on the capture card's pop-up menu (the same place you can organise recordings or delete them before ejecting the flash drive).

Overall though, brilliant product and strongly recommended for any gamer hoping to record!

5.0 out of 5 stars AVerMedia Game Capture HD = Fanatastic!, 30 April 2013
M. TERRY-BEDFORD "M4rcu5 GT96" (Doncaster, UK) - See all my reviews
Bought this about 6 months ago, so that I could record gameplay in atleast good quality. This does this perfectly, it can record in 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i and now 1080p (with the newest 3.14.0 update on the AVerMedia website) and the picture quality is brilliant. I use a 16GB ByteStor USB stick which allows me to record in full 15.0mbps 1080p30fps, no probs. I have used and tested this so far with the PS3, XBOX360, Wii and PS2, aswell as a DVD player with component out and it works fine.

I can now record my gameplay without having to worry about connecting a capture card to a laptop, as this is stand-alone. So, if you are looking for a way to record gameplay/videos with good video/audio quality, I would definetly recommend this.

3.0 out of 5 stars AVerMedia Game Capture HD for game consoles., 28 Feb 2013
I had read loads of reviews for this unit and all were glowing no bad word said, so i tuck the plunge, tried it on my PS3 and it would not record fully it would start but then stop but it was showing that it was still recording, i only new it had stopped when i tried to play back the clip. During the test it would drop the picture saying no signal and then fined it again. I checked all cables and plugs but still it did the same. The picture was also fuzzy and not clear. Had to Return it :(

Amazon Service very good arrived prompted as promised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Piece Of Kit!, 11 Feb 2013
I got this since my laptop was too slow to record HD gameplay, this is a brilliant alternative because you don't need a PC to record! All you need is a USB flash drive or hard drive. Very easy to set up and the video quality is great, the only negative thing is that the file doesn't run well on editing software like Sony Vegas. Other than that definitely recommend to gamers that want to record and share their videos on YouTube, I would say its one of the best capture cards out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honestly AMAZING, 17 Jan 2013
I started making commentaries on youtube a while ago now, and was origonally using a 30 game capture device. A few weeks later, i had had enough of this device and decided, as i had already gained quite alot of subs... it was time to upgrade. i was considering this and the HD PVR and since this seemed much simpler, reliable and easy to use, i bought this. The postage was amazingly fast, infact even with 3 day dilivery it had arrived in about 1 and a half days. the setup was fast and simple. the quility produced is incredible and i can honestly say this is one of my best all time buys, and now, my subscribers are shooting up!
Here is a link to my channel if you would like to check out the quility ( iam not giving the link to my channel for any other purpose other than for people to go and check out the quility this amazing product produces ) - [...]

If i EVER get big on youtube like syndicate or KSI, screw lucazade and elgato. i know who im asking for a sponsorship from :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing product , great ease of use , PERFECT!!!, 22 May 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Hi , this is a great product , very easily used, great menu , amazing quality of the product, love the fact it has a remote and a usb slot with a slot for a 2.5 inch hard drive and the fact you can play your videos and snap shots back ona large screen. the quality of the hd recording is AMAZING
all in all id give this a 10/10 ***** 5 star rating :) so happy with the product and such a good price

4.0 out of 5 stars easy 2 use but........, 12 Aug 2014
Easy 2 use but does not have cable for the
xbox360 slim 2013 but it looks brilliant no need 2 by a elgato

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 18 Dec 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this 9 months ago for my son and he didn't get it working until now. He tried 3 USB and formatted it to NTFS and it still didn't work. For the people who had this problem please read.
My son fixed it by taking the Hard Drive (HDD) from his broken laptop and Formatted it to exFat then to NTFS.
If you don't have a broken laptop just buy a very cheap broken one an take the HDD or the Hard Drive (For better explaintaion) and format it to NTFS ( if it is already on NTFS format it to a different one and reformat it to NTFS)
Or you can buy a Hard Drive from this site. Search " Hard Drvie For Laptop" a DESKTOP COMPUTER WOULN'T WORK BECAUSE IT'LL BE TO BIG.

"The quality on it is great HD recording without a PC and for a very cheap price, only if I could rate it 10/10 then I would" - Marv

‹ Previous | 15 6 7 8 | Next ›