1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Much more fun than expected - a real family game, 7 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Tetris Link (Toy)
We were looking for a family game that would interest the adults as well as a 11 year old boy and 6 year old girl - no easy quest particularly as my daughter and son rarely agree on anything apart from the odd PS3 game and we wanted something more traditional. In order to end debate and get out of the store I grabbed this largely due to the tetris reference.

This is a great game that is straight forward, like the game tetris although you can't move pieces horizontally once you drop them down. However, any "gaps" this leaves are then subtracted from a players total. You earn points by having 3 consecutive pieces in play and adding to those. Games can last several minutes or up to half an hour or more depending on number of players and how "strategic" a player wants to be - taking their time to drop their piece down. Selecting what shape to use is decided by a roll of the dice. Most points wins and game ends when you reach the top and cant fit any more pieces in.

I've probably not described it as clearly as it is. It took 2 minutes to set up and read the rules and this simplicity added to my daughter's enjoyment. We've played it much more than expected and months on we still choose it on those rainy days when we want a family game rather than sitting in front of a tv.

Tetris Link