Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£37.99

on 7 December 2011
Hi, I read this book several times from cover to cover and used it also as a part of my VCP 5 training. All I can say is that Scott did a great job, this book provides almost everything that you need to know about Vsphere 5. Comparing this book to Mastering Vmware Vsphere 4 (also from the same author), I found it better and easier to read, but this is just my personal opinion. Scott precisely explains each topic together with some examples. I would recommend this book to anyone who is new to vmware, wants to know new stuff in Vsphere 5 or is getting ready for VCP5. I believe this book is ''Bible'', ''All-in-one'', ''The best Vsphere 5'' book in these days. I have done my VCP 4 and VCP 5 only thanks to Scott's Mastering Vmware Vsphere books.
on 21 October 2011
Yet again Scott Lowe has brought out a brilliant study and reference guide for vSphere. His vSphere 4 version was one of the most successful study guides for people working with and wanting to learn all about the vSphere suite and looking to strengthen their knowledge in preparation for the VMware Certified Professional (VCP) exams. The guide gives simple explanations and then goes into great depth allowing you to fully understand each and every feature. I used Scott's previous book for my VCP4 and VCAP4 exam preparations and will be using this version now for my VCP5 and VCAP5 studies.

BUY THIS BOOK!!
on 6 December 2012
I am reading this book while preparing my test lab.
Excellent book. Preparing the test lab is the part that makes you involved and reading this book gives you the knowledge of;
How the system works => then in parallel while you go to specific chapters you will build your own test environment.
Perhaps the part which needs another book is how SAN, FC works; which a book I am looking for with some practical and in-depth examples. Not sure if this book covers it, but it does not have to since it is a different subject.

The only negative point is the lack of CD, which means no pdf, eBook, etc...
on 16 January 2012
I would highly recommend this book. I used it to help study for VCP 5.0 exams. It is well written and includes a good level of technical detail along with real world scenarios. A good read for all.
on 21 April 2012
If you want a book that covers almost all of the subjects then this is the one. I couldn't do without this and fits perfectly with my on-going self learning.

Whilst it kind of goes without saying - you do need to know the basics of VSphere or virtualisation of other technologies before delving into this book. However, if you've already been using v4 onwards you'll be very familiar and this book covers a large number of subjects.
on 27 March 2013
I purchased this book mainly to assist with study for the VCP5 exam, however I've found it a great reference book too. I often flip to a random page just to learn something new.

Fantastic book written by a true expert on the subject.
on 3 May 2013
We have recently had a full VShere install and this book has been a great read through from front to back as well as a useful reference manual. Well written by someone who clearly knows his subject. Buy it.
on 3 March 2013
Fantastic!

This is a must have on your bookshelf if you use or design solutions involving vSphere 5. The depth of detail is good and the bredth of material covered is great.
on 3 March 2012
This book is written in a concise manner - any one starting off as an admin or even an advanced engineer will appreciate the effort put into this book. The diagrams are clear and easy to understand. Anyone studying for their VCP-510 - I would say is a must read. Use this as your VMWare Bible. The storage section is well written but if you require further information - its probably best to buy a VM book dedicated to storage.
on 24 January 2014
I havent read all yet, but so far, It very easy to read and I learnt a lot of thing I didnt know before.