on 15 March 2012
This edition of Les Fleurs du Mal is a british publication. It does not contain all the poems of the final edition of 1868 and does not follow the order of the list of contents of any of the earlier editions of 1857, or 1861. Some of the banned poems are included such as 'Les bijoux' but other poems for example 'Lola de Valence' are not included here. There is no list of contents and no index.
A disappointing purchase.
on 25 January 2013
One of the most important and influential works of the time. Beautiful and haunting poetry by a tormented genius. A must read for anyone interested in French literature.
on 30 November 2012
I probably didn't chose the best edition in terms of beauty of the cover sleeve but that is totally superficial. For the price, it is all that I needed. A french edition of the text in good condition and it arrived very quickly.
on 9 October 2013
The idea for this prodect is excellent. Unfortunately on my Kindle Fire its working is very erratic. Returning from the glossary may take me to the original text or to another glossary page or even to the book info page. This makes it more frustrating and long winded than necessary as I also have to note the place i am reading at so that I can refind itagain when the glossary puts me back somewhere else. Prrobably Ok who hardly need the glossary at all.
on 20 February 2014
I bought this for one particular poem which I like very much: the part that starts: "mais parmi les chacals..."
on 30 August 2014
I am not a fluent French speaker/reader but the beauty of Baudelaire's writing is starkly apparent even to me. Stunningly short, sweet and simple poems with striking imagery and flow.
on 25 July 2013
This is a recognised masterpiece in French poetry and needs no review from the likes of me. Just read it.
on 25 May 2015
I was introduced to Baudelaire's Fleur du mal in my final year of university. These are without a doubt his best known work and for good reason
on 30 September 2013
I've loved these since my teens. To have them always within reach is a great luxury and pleasure. The edition seems fine.
on 15 November 2010
Great price and perfect condition. An amazing yet challenging read, essential for scholars of French literature. Perfect arts reference for students studying 19th century French culture.