5.0 out of 5 stars Really great product!
This desk is really a winner! I wasn't so sure about it as first because of the price, I thought there has to be some catch? Poor quality parts, complicated to put together, not as described?

Published 5 months ago by Alex Scott

3.0 out of 5 stars Good desk, but some problems - read on!
This is a long review, so please read the full thing!

First off, the package came early. I have this desk, but it's in white (not brown like stated in the product image). All pieces were there including some extra screws incase you lose/misplace one.

Published 15 months ago by M. Forbes

5.0 out of 5 stars Really great product!, 16 Mar 2014
This review is from: Piranha PC21w Large CORNER COMPUTER DESK (Office Product)

None of those! This is a really great unit and it all seem to be made of high quality parts. Spare screws were provided, and the construction was fairly simple. I would recommend having at least 2 people to help putting it together, and an electric screw driver if you have one (It will save you a lot of time).

The instructions were well diagramed, there's quite a few pieces of wood as you can imagine and a lot of screws so I advise to lay everything out, everything has a part number sticker on it so that really helps.

Once the unit has been put together and you've finished arguing with your partner about how to build flat pack furniture, it's a well sized desk. The diagram of the lengths of the unit are accurate, and it's incredibly spacious. One thing I will add, there is a unit underneath the desk which I believe is designed for computers. If you have a MID or FULL size ATX PC case, it will be too long for this unit. So I just put the unit on top of my desk and put papers and other things in it, quite a handy thing and my PC easily fits in the middle underneath part of the desk.

The desk will hold a lot of weight, I don't know how much exactly but I currently have a lot of stuff on the desk. I currently have 1 PC monitor, I plan to put on another, I have 4 speakers, 2 of which weigh about 6kg each.

Overall this a great desk, I can't really see any downsides! The fact you can move the shorter side around is great, and it's not hard to construct. Instructions are well documented and easy to follow. Would recommend the Piranha desk 10/10. Will definitely buy from them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect desk, 31 Aug 2012
This review is from: Piranha PC21w Large CORNER COMPUTER DESK (Office Product)
The desk is well made and good value. Assembled it easily in a couple of hours on my own, the only difficulty was getting everything to line up properly, would habe been easier with a second pair of hands.

My only criticism is that it would have been nice to have the option to mount the keyboard shelf on the longer part of the desk as that would make it more useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars New office desk for small business.., 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Piranha PC21w Large CORNER COMPUTER DESK (Office Product)
Bought this desk for dual purpose for both my wife and I to work at separately and it does the trick a treat. It's comfortable, looks very professional and the build quality is absolutely fabulous. So we'll engineered and therefore fits together perfectly, a treat to build. Get one, you won't be disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good desk, but some problems - read on!, 19 May 2013
M. Forbes "Forbsie" (Saltcoats, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Piranha PC21w Large CORNER COMPUTER DESK (Office Product)
This is a long review, so please read the full thing!

The build quality is fantastic. It currently houses my modem, keyboard, mouse, speakers, joystick, and a lot of other heavy things.

The rails of the keyboard drawer snapped, unfortunately. But after contacting Piranha, they immediately sent out a replacement. This part was wrong, so I replied again and they sent the proper part number out.

So, why did I give it 3 stars?

- The desk is painted white. It's not paint like on the wall. It's almost like a veneer (a very thin layer over the actual material). If you were to pick at the paint, it would come off like wall paper; in huge chunks.
- After extensive use of the keyboard drawer, one of the rails snapped and the ballbearings came out. The build quality of the rails were poor.
- The paint is white, with little grain showing from the woon, so I had to buy a mousepad as my optical laser wouldn't register movement.
- The feet on the legs at the FRONT don't go level with the ground. They are angled slightly, thus not fully sitting on the ground. You can easily put some paper behind it if you're having trouble, but it won't wobble or more or anything.
- It's easy to put up with just 1 person, but I had to use different screwdrivers as the one provided didn't work properly with all of the screws provided. I also got a lot of RSI (Repetative Strain Injury) from how hard it was to screw in the screws.

Overall I gave it 3 stars, mainly because of the points I mentioned. But that's just my experience.

It is still a very good desk, and has held its place in my room as an office/gaming desk. But due to the points above, I've had to give it a 3

-Forbsie

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap - but definitly not nasty, 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: Piranha PC21w Large CORNER COMPUTER DESK (Office Product)
I thought because this was cheap it would be nasty but not at all, it is well made and easy to assemble. It took me 2 1/2 hours to put it together but I wasn't in a rush, the instructions are very clear and easy to follow.

I'm not expecting this to become a family heirloom but it looks sturdy enough to last. I have a desk and side table with enough space for all me needs and more but yet it doesn't take over the room.

There is enough flexibility that enabled me to choose which way round it went and were I wanted the keyboard shelf to go. I have done workstation and DSE assessments at work and this comes out well.

Good stuff

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as we expected, 5 Jan 2012
This review is from: Piranha PC21w Large CORNER COMPUTER DESK (Office Product)
We have just assembled this desk, the instructions are clear enough. However, it requires four hands and a couple of hours to assemble. But the result is a sturdy and good looking item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good design, 29 Jun 2014
This review is from: Piranha PC21w Large CORNER COMPUTER DESK (Office Product)
Well built and very sturdy my son lived it

5.0 out of 5 stars Corner computer desk, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Piranha PC21w Large CORNER COMPUTER DESK (Office Product)
Delivered very quickly, well packaged and individual screws etc. well identified. The only thing I would suggest is that they offer part 18,without the holes, as my printer is to large to go onto the corner printer base, so I have had to use a nut, supplied, to connect to the supporting leg and have two holes in the top, or you could supply matching plastic hole covers. Quality of the product is first rate, would highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pranha desk, 1 Jun 2014
Dr. Alan R. Williams "Big Al" (Cheshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Piranha PC21w Large CORNER COMPUTER DESK (Office Product)
We are very pleased with the desk. It is good looking and strong. Clear instructions to assemble unlike some Swedish furniture from well known store. It is versatile as well as you can lay it out as you like .it has a nifty tower trolley so you can pull the tower out easily to get at the wires in the back. Only downside was there was no delivery e-mail so we could know when it would be delivered, so we missed the first delivery but UK mail was easy to rearrange. We got an e-mail telling us of the failed delivery. Oh well!

5.0 out of 5 stars Flatpack, but still great quality., 30 May 2014
This review is from: Piranha PC21w Large CORNER COMPUTER DESK (Office Product)
The desk looks nice, quite simply, and the construction seems very good, on only a few occasions did I have a problem where a hole didn't line up quite perfectly. The laminate covering the wood covers it completely with the exception of the holes to fit the screws, unlike some that only have a top covering. The aluminum poles are painted and don't seem to be flimsy. Instructions were fairly clear and it only took about an hour of my very unskilled time to assemble it.

Piranha PC21w Large CORNER COMPUTER DESK