on 16 March 2014
This desk is really a winner! I wasn't so sure about it as first because of the price, I thought there has to be some catch? Poor quality parts, complicated to put together, not as described?

None of those! This is a really great unit and it all seem to be made of high quality parts. Spare screws were provided, and the construction was fairly simple. I would recommend having at least 2 people to help putting it together, and an electric screw driver if you have one (It will save you a lot of time).

The instructions were well diagramed, there's quite a few pieces of wood as you can imagine and a lot of screws so I advise to lay everything out, everything has a part number sticker on it so that really helps.

Once the unit has been put together and you've finished arguing with your partner about how to build flat pack furniture, it's a well sized desk. The diagram of the lengths of the unit are accurate, and it's incredibly spacious. One thing I will add, there is a unit underneath the desk which I believe is designed for computers. If you have a MID or FULL size ATX PC case, it will be too long for this unit. So I just put the unit on top of my desk and put papers and other things in it, quite a handy thing and my PC easily fits in the middle underneath part of the desk.

The desk will hold a lot of weight, I don't know how much exactly but I currently have a lot of stuff on the desk. I currently have 1 PC monitor, I plan to put on another, I have 4 speakers, 2 of which weigh about 6kg each.

Overall this a great desk, I can't really see any downsides! The fact you can move the shorter side around is great, and it's not hard to construct. Instructions are well documented and easy to follow. Would recommend the Piranha desk 10/10. Will definitely buy from them again.
on 31 August 2012
The desk is well made and good value. Assembled it easily in a couple of hours on my own, the only difficulty was getting everything to line up properly, would habe been easier with a second pair of hands.

My only criticism is that it would have been nice to have the option to mount the keyboard shelf on the longer part of the desk as that would make it more useful.
on 7 March 2014
I bought this desk 3 months ago, and I can't complain, good quality, good value for money, extremely easy and simple to put together, two sets of hands would be preferable (We had 2 people put it together and it took no longer than an hour). There is plenty of space on the desk, I have a PC set up at one part and the other part I use to do college work.

A couple of things to note though, My pc uses a "Mid Tower Case" (Fractal Design Refine R4) and it wouldn't fit on the PC holder bit underneath, this wasn't a problem for me I just didn't attach it and I now have a print in its place (my pc would fit in the spot, just not on the holder). I also didn't attach the keyboard tray, because I didn't want it there, and I use my keyboard on my desk. However even though I have folders, a mouse with no mouse mat and my keyboard, plus a few paper trays on the desk, non of the plastic/metal has scratched the desk in anyway, like I said before the desk is excellent quality.

Overall I am extremely impressed with the desk, good value for money, good quality, good price and really aesthetically pleasing to look at.
on 10 October 2013
Bought this desk for dual purpose for both my wife and I to work at separately and it does the trick a treat. It's comfortable, looks very professional and the build quality is absolutely fabulous. So we'll engineered and therefore fits together perfectly, a treat to build. Get one, you won't be disappointed.
on 8 January 2015
I bought a Piranha Cabinet, shelf unit and this desk. The shelves were alright, the cabinet was good but the desk is truly phenomenal at this price range.

Assembly took me under 2 hours by myself, the instructions were very clear. The instructions come with 4 different variations on the desk -- two different orientations (left hand/right hand for the long edge), as well as the two different mounting points for the keyboard tray (again the long and the short edge). So you really can configure the desk how you want it.

The little PC trolley that comes with the desk is a great little addition. They really didn't need to throw it in at this price, but it really helps organise everything. The metal and wooden parts all look great, all tools are supplied with it and (unlike the other bits I ordered), it came in pristine condition.

If I was to really nitpick, I'd say the corner column that supports the middle section of the desk is very flimsy and won't take much moving around for it to bend/break, but it isn't load bearing in any way so forgivable!

I searched for ages to find a corner computer desk that was a decent size, looked good and didn't cost a fortune. I was *very* sceptical this would be the desk at this price point, but took a chance and I've been wholeheartedly surprised. 5 stars.
on 19 November 2015
I haven't really had a proper computer desk before and I can say this is a really good first desk. Was somewhat difficult to get together but I am not the best at DIY and it only took about an hour, having took breaks thanks to the person helping me. Sturdy desk and nice wood pattern. I would however say it is annoying where the wood pieces join, as they do not join up properly (Probably due to my own error or the floor) and the pattern does not follow through, minor thing just the wood flows one way then suddenly changes, this is most likely done due to it being able to be built multiple different ways and making it flow would only make one way work.

I have got my TV, Monitor, Printer and my Desktop all on the desk and it still holds strong. I have also used the metal parts at the back for cable management, using some zip ties from the computer to hold the wires against the metal instead of dangling down the wall.
on 16 October 2013
Purchased this colour desk when it was on sale at £99.99. Wouldn't pay more than that for it. Delivery was within 2 days. Every part was there including spares and tools. Took just under 3 hours to put together myself using the clear instructions. It's well made, sturdy and gives you plenty of room. Using it in my home office. The design is perfect for attaching power extensions with tie grips to the back cross supports. Keeps everything nice and tidy. I've also attached a strip light underneath for added illumination.

Why only 4 stars then...well it wasn't perfect. To be honest I wasn't expecting to be. Flat pack furniture never has been in my experience.

It had one very minor mark, a small indent on the table top. Not a problem enough to send it back for me though. It is the best flat pack I've built. Quality parts fitting together as they should. Definitely recommended!
on 1 September 2014
I thought because this was cheap it would be nasty but not at all, it is well made and easy to assemble. It took me 2 1/2 hours to put it together but I wasn't in a rush, the instructions are very clear and easy to follow.

I'm not expecting this to become a family heirloom but it looks sturdy enough to last. I have a desk and side table with enough space for all me needs and more but yet it doesn't take over the room.

There is enough flexibility that enabled me to choose which way round it went and were I wanted the keyboard shelf to go. I have done workstation and DSE assessments at work and this comes out well.

Good stuff
on 14 October 2013
Excellent quality desk, ignore any review that says it takes 4 hands and a couple of hours to build! I built this desk on my own in an hour, it's an absolute doddle however be aware the instructions only support one layout so if you want to swap the sides round (so long desk it on the left) you'll need to think it through.

It feels very high quality material and looks great, all the individual feet are adjustable so you can get it level on any floor, I didn't attach the keyboard rack as I don't need it. However I'd advise buying from a different website, I saved over £40 by buying elsewhere (direct from Piranha trading is your best bet!)
on 24 May 2016
This is a well made unit and was easy to assemble in about an hour using the clear instructions. All parts were clearly labelled and the kit includes tools. Once put together it provides lots of desktop space and cable management is easy using the perforated racks at the back. The desktop stand/trolley may or may not be of use; I use a laptop at this desk so use the caddy for my shredder. The desk can be assembled in a variety of ways (long leg on right or left, keyboard drawer on either leg, etc.) and feels solid enough to carry plenty of weight. Like all Piranha furniture, this is good value and well designed.