5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a convert
Having never owned a griddle pan before, I took a chance on this one after reading so many positive reviews. I am delighted that I did. Last night it helped me produce the best steaks I have ever tasted. Perfectly sealed and a joy to eat in just under five minutes, with no hissing, spitting or smoke, and no oil required (just seasoned with salt and pepper before cooking)...
Published on 2 Mar 2012 by A. Scribe

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice item
The pan itself is nice but the handle came lose quite quickly after a few uses. Easily screwed back in of course, but a little disappointed by this. Apart from this not a bad item at all.
Published 12 months ago by Terri

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pan, 18 Oct 2011
Ms. D. Wordsworth (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Andrew James 28cm Cast Aluminum Griddle Pan - Suitable For All Types Of Hobs Including Induction (Kitchen & Home)
I had been looking for ages for a pan for my sausages - and this one is GREAT I am able to brown on all sides even with sausages that curve up! Easy to clean and would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy, 26 Nov 2012
I actually didn't think it would be so difficult to source a good quality griddle pan, but actually it was. A lot more expensive options out there which I thought maybe I need to go for. But I was put off the Tefal pan as its griddle was a lot more shallow and pricier. My wife and I have cooked, burgers, sausages, steaks etc on this pan, thus giving it a fair workout and it has stood up to all the challenges so far with gusto! I definitely recommend this griddle pan to anyone looking to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, 28 Jun 2012
Before I ordered this griddle pan, I took the time to go through the reviews, and was pleased to note that it seems to be universally liked. I'm not going to spoil its track record - the pan is beautifully made, tremendous value for money, cooks like a dream, and is big enough to cook a decent sized meal for (in our case) three. If you're looking for a griddle pan, this is it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pan!', 17 Feb 2012
The pan arrived promptly and is great value or money. It cooks really well on our induction hob.
Highly recommend this product and excellent customer service. Thanks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great build quality - works great on ceramic hob, 16 May 2013
I think very highly of Andrew James as a brand, and this item is again definitely of very high quality.
As some other have mentioned before, it is true that the handle can sometimes get a bit lose after a few heating/cooling cycles.
This is due to the different expansion/contraction rates of the two metals in contact with heat. However, the handle is of sturdy construction and is easy to tighten up, not like the flimsy riveted versions you see on other lighter pans.

I could not take only half a star off, so one whole star came off in my rating, but that is a bit harsh.

To get best results my ceramic hob, I found I needed to give the pan a couple of minutes to heat up before placing my steak on it.
I also follow my mum's advice and wipe the warm pan with a paper towel with a bit of (sunflower) oil on it to protect it further from loosing its (it seems) hard-wearing non-stick coating. I only use wooden implements and it seems the surface has no blemish thus far.

I would recommend this item.
It is also cheaper than many competitors and yet of superior build quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Aluminium Griddle Pan - suitable for induction hob, 14 Oct 2011
Pans are sometimes difficult to find for induction hobs but this is exactly what we wanted and is a really lovely product

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Value, 18 Feb 2012
C. P. Uttley "Roxies Dad" (Lydiate UK) - See all my reviews
Having looked at more expensive and heavier items I was very pleased to find that this item performed well and is a lightweight to handle and store. I had despaired of finding a lightweight pan to use on my new induction hob and had resigned myself to a more expensive cast iron version when I spotted the reviews for this one. Speedy delivery and a super pan. I hope to get a lifetime of use out of it. (Jamie Oliver has a lot to answer for!)

2.0 out of 5 stars Handle fell off, 16 Oct 2013
The griddle is great. I use it over quite a high heat and the surface is still going strong. It cleans easily. However, the handle has fallen off and can't be re-attached.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice item, 3 April 2013
Terri (London, UK) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Pan superb, 14 Nov 2012
Cooks well and cleans well as stated in the reviews I purchased upon the strength of but the handle keeps working lose. Shame I would have bought more.

‹ Previous | 1 2 319 | Next ›