5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Induction hob
I seldom write reviews, but this item was perfect. It was despatched by the supplier the next morning & recieved the following morning. I did not want a heavy (eg cast iron) pan, nor did I want to spend too much for perhaps rare use - such pans for induction hobs often are heavy or expensive.
I used it to cook fillet steak the same evening ... perfection ! The...
Published on 6 Jan 2012 by Di

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice item
The pan itself is nice but the handle came lose quite quickly after a few uses. Easily screwed back in of course, but a little disappointed by this. Apart from this not a bad item at all.
Published 21 months ago by Terri

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Induction hob, 6 Jan 2012
This review is from: Andrew James 28cm Cast Aluminum Griddle Pan - Suitable For All Types Of Hobs Including Induction (Kitchen & Home)
I used it to cook fillet steak the same evening ... perfection ! The added bonus was that it was a doddle to clean. I think it will be used more than I thought and was better quality than I had expected.
If you are an induction hob owner, and looking for a griddle pan at a sensible price, you will not regret buying this item from this supplier.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm a convert, 2 Mar 2012
Having never owned a griddle pan before, I took a chance on this one after reading so many positive reviews. I am delighted that I did. Last night it helped me produce the best steaks I have ever tasted. Perfectly sealed and a joy to eat in just under five minutes, with no hissing, spitting or smoke, and no oil required (just seasoned with salt and pepper before cooking). Better still, I popped the griddle in the dishwasher afterwards and it cleaned up a treat. Buy this. You won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent griddle pan, 27 Feb 2012
We bought this pan as we had just had an induction hob installed. It's a great pan not too heavy and cooks steaks like a dream. The quality and the price were great too .

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality item, 17 Feb 2012
Received this griddle pan to replace old one which I thought was good until I tried this one which is much superior quality - it is a really well made product and the pouring spouts on both sides are really useful for draining excess juices. A great addition to my induction-friendly saucepan range!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great build quality - works great on ceramic hob, 16 May 2013
I think very highly of Andrew James as a brand, and this item is again definitely of very high quality.
As some other have mentioned before, it is true that the handle can sometimes get a bit lose after a few heating/cooling cycles.
This is due to the different expansion/contraction rates of the two metals in contact with heat. However, the handle is of sturdy construction and is easy to tighten up, not like the flimsy riveted versions you see on other lighter pans.

I could not take only half a star off, so one whole star came off in my rating, but that is a bit harsh.

To get best results my ceramic hob, I found I needed to give the pan a couple of minutes to heat up before placing my steak on it.
I also follow my mum's advice and wipe the warm pan with a paper towel with a bit of (sunflower) oil on it to protect it further from loosing its (it seems) hard-wearing non-stick coating. I only use wooden implements and it seems the surface has no blemish thus far.

I would recommend this item.
It is also cheaper than many competitors and yet of superior build quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great product, 28 Jun 2012
Before I ordered this griddle pan, I took the time to go through the reviews, and was pleased to note that it seems to be universally liked. I'm not going to spoil its track record - the pan is beautifully made, tremendous value for money, cooks like a dream, and is big enough to cook a decent sized meal for (in our case) three. If you're looking for a griddle pan, this is it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Griddle pan, 26 Jan 2012
I gave this a 4 star before using it but if a ten was available it would get it. This the most effective clean and washable griddle you may experience. This replaced an £80 procook cast iron griddle and it is so so much better. I use gas so cant comment on induction but it is fantastic with gas and very quick whether it be sausages or loin chops.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pan, 18 Oct 2011
Ms. D. Wordsworth (London) - See all my reviews
I had been looking for ages for a pan for my sausages - and this one is GREAT I am able to brown on all sides even with sausages that curve up! Easy to clean and would recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Andrew James Griddle Pan, 9 Dec 2011
Andrew James Cast Aluminum Griddle Pan - Suitable for all types of hobs including induction

First Class product ,delivered very promptly.We had been looking at similar products and were thinking of purchasing a much more expensive one before stumbling on this.This is a better product in our opinion

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Value, 18 Feb 2012
C. P. Uttley "Roxies Dad" (Lydiate UK) - See all my reviews
Having looked at more expensive and heavier items I was very pleased to find that this item performed well and is a lightweight to handle and store. I had despaired of finding a lightweight pan to use on my new induction hob and had resigned myself to a more expensive cast iron version when I spotted the reviews for this one. Speedy delivery and a super pan. I hope to get a lifetime of use out of it. (Jamie Oliver has a lot to answer for!)