on 12 December 2011
I have been looking for nozzles to decorate cupcakes, but could not find the right size - they were either too small or TOO BIG. I put this on my Birthday list, and now I am going cupcake crazey. The plastic piping bags are brilliant, very strong and I love the fact it all comes in a little storage box. This would make a fantastic gift or anyone who loves baking. Sorted.
on 18 May 2013
Was looking for a piping set for my daughters who are cupcake crazy and thought the Little Venice Cake Company Cupcake Starter Kit would be a good starter kit for them. I realise it wasn't a lot of money but they're children not master bakers just yet so I wasn't going to spend a fortune. The set sounds like a good idea with everything in one handy container. BUT, that old saying you get what you pay for is so true, especially with this product. The metal used for the nozzles was already yellowing and did not look shiny and new as expected. One of the nozzles had some obvious damage with a dent in it and this dent was rusted. Another nozzle was miss-shaped so any piping you do with it will not be right. The container is cheap plastic and probably wont last long. There are NO instructions on how to use each of the different nozzles but you do get a recipe for a carrot cake, simple instructions would be more beneficial. I've given this product one star because its a really good idea, just a shame they didn't back it up with useable products.

As I was so disappointed I decided I would return it to Amazon for a refund, however that's not so easy anymore. You have to download a label (good idea) then look up a company local to you where you can take it to be returned. Now considering I paid £8 for this set I'm not really enthusiastic about wasting my time and petrol driving 12 miles to find an authorised Amazon drop off. Poor show Amazon, really poor show
on 27 December 2011
Nice little kit however would have been nice to have some instructions on what each nozzle type produced being that it is advertised as a starter kit
on 16 May 2013
I own a fair few piping nozzles for cupcakes and icing biscuits. These are good quality but a little small for producing a large bakery swirl. I bought them to complement the collection I already have.
Unfortunately there isn't a leaflet to describe the effects that can be obtained with the nozzles which would be useful to the novice baker.
i haven't used these yet and whilst they are a good set and good value for money, I'd say if you wanted to own the most versatile nozzles for frosting cupcakes I'd recommend a wilton 1m open star nozzle and 2D closed star nozzle.
If you want really large swirls I would recommend the extra large nozzles manufactured by Lakeland (UK), Ateco (US) and Jem.
Happy Baking!
on 25 January 2013
The quality of the nozzles are amazing & disposable bags are definitely the way to go. No more washing up of a greasy piping bag.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 March 2013
Given the price point, I wasn't sure what to expect but these nozzles seem fine to me and are of the right size to decorate cupcakes and I have even used the star nozzle to pipe out biscuits. The icing bags are a little on the flimsy side compared to some disposable bags I've had but aside from that I have no complaints. It would have been helpful to have a pictorial representation of the output produced by each nozzle and how best to use them. I have seen some reviewers commenting on the container but it does the job. Overall, this set offers good value for money.
on 2 July 2013
A good choice of tips for a starter pack, but as previously mentioned, a cd or instruction leaflet showing how to create effects with each different tip would not have gone amiss. I also found that 4 disposable bags were enough for one attempt, but it would have been nice if a few more had been included in the kit. Found the kit very easy to use and I was pleased with my first batch of cupcakes.
on 15 December 2012
A nicely presented little pack which I am far more confident in giving as a present as I would if it wasn't so nicely packaged. Haven't tried them yet but not sure if once delivery is included it might be a little bit overpriced at over £11, but hopefully the quality will prove worthwhile. I agree that some extra guidance such as instructions on when each nozzle would be best used as it is a started pack, but would certainly recommend for people looking to buy a present for someone who likes to bake!
on 29 March 2014
They come in a great little hard plastic storage box and just used them for the first time and they did the job well. I am no master at piping but am impressed with these, allows me to try it out at a good price
on 22 April 2013
Love these. The first set I've ever bought and very happy with them - I only wish there was a little instruction book telling you what each nozzle does and the effects you can have using the different nozzles.

See one answered question