5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed
Published on 9 May 2012 by Mr T N Cashmore (cellblockh200...

3.0 out of 5 stars Pasta Machine
This is the first pasta 'machine' that I've ever purchased and I thought that I was on to a winner due to item description & photographs....

Plus Points:

Very Quick Delivery

Cheap Cost

Negative Points:

Poor Build Quality (not sure how long the machine will remain in one piece)

The machine was still swathed...
Published on 3 Jan 2012 by Hairy Boogin

5.0 out of 5 stars Really impressed, 9 May 2012
This review is from: Andrew James Fresh Pasta Maker, Includes 2 x Double Cutter Attachments Which Produces Pasta In 4 Sizes (1mm, 1.5mm, 3 mm and 6.6mm) + Ravioli Attachment (Kitchen & Home)
I've never had a pasta maker before and wondered if it would be too difficult to do, but the recipe is straightfoward (I might mix it in my mixer in future rather than by hand, as it was quite stiff to work into a dough). The pasta machine made short work of creating long pieces of pasta, which I've used to make a very successful lasagne, as well as having tortellini strips mixed with a tomato sauce. I would not rush to eat bought pasta again after trying this, it tastes so soft and fresh, rather than the drier, tougher, chewier products often sold in supermarkets.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pasta machine, 20 Feb 2012
Bought as a Christmas present for my daughter - she is very impressed with the machine, says it is easy to use and clean, sturdy and good value for money compared to others I have seen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great pasta maker, 25 Feb 2013
I found what I was looking for: a quality pasta maker for a reasonable price and with pretty good reviews. Although I paid extra charges to send it outside of the UK, I was very pleased with the pasta maker and therefore it was worth the extra pounds. It was sent very quickly. It arrived within 2 days, in good state. The pasta maker was a gift for my boyfriend, who had never made fresh pasta before, and he has made us some very nice pasta. Although the handle falls out sometimes, this does not seem to bother him too much. The pasta maker stays put on the counter. It makes a bit of a noise when you turn it but overall it seems easy to use, and the results are fabulous. He has managed to make delicious pasta. On another note, other pasta makers come with 9 attachments, but I admit I am pleased with fewer. It is plus that this pasta makers comes with a ravioli attachment. My boyfriend seems happy with what he can do with it, and he was impressed with the quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect and not pricey!, 21 Oct 2013
Mr. M. F. Tones "Rockfan" (Herts) - See all my reviews
This was bought for my other half for us both to try out making our pasta.
It is heavy as anything and works perfectly and i'm super impressed how easy it is!
Even a kitchen Ludite like me can make fresh pasta.
Make sure you have something to dry the pasta on though we used coat hangers!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pasta Machine, 3 Jan 2012

Plus Points:

Very Quick Delivery

Cheap Cost

Negative Points:

Poor Build Quality (not sure how long the machine will remain in one piece)

The machine was still swathed in machine oil and it has taken an eternity to clean with copious amounts of pasta dough (quite clear in the instructions that soap / water are not to be used).

The instructions describe "How to prepare the dough and the pasta" and suggest that the regulator (pasta thickness gauge) is set at position 1 to start the rolling process.....however, position 1 is the 'thinest' setting and the regulator should actually be set at position 7 (didn't take a rocket scientist to work out how to use the machine properly). Whilst on the subject of the regulator - don't be too rough or pull too hard as I'm fairly certain that it will part company with the rest of the machine.

I've awarded three stars as the product is 'OK' (after getting over the machine oil issue) and it does work (after figuring out the regulator) and isn't too difficult to clean (despite not being able to use water or soap) and it remains in one piece (for the time being anyway)

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke on first usage, 4 Mar 2013
I was fooled by the good price and ratings for the item, but unfortunatelly it was a BIG DISSAPOINTMENT.
On the picture the machine looked sturdy, but this is unfortunately not the case.
I couldn't even use Andrew James Fresh Pasta Maker once - after the first sheet of though which I successfully cut in Tagliatelle the 7-stage handle used for adjusting the thinnes of the dough fell appart. Also the cylinders which press the dough were disclocated. And I had another 7 sheets to go (and 6 hungry people waiting).
I used the machine as per instructions, but that didn't really helped it's durability. The nice pasta evening with family was disappointing because of that.
Also, since I am not located in UK at the moment they refused to take any responsibility for exchange of the faulty item or refund.
If you want to enjoy fresh pasta - don't count on Andrew James Fresh Pasta Maker.

5.0 out of 5 stars great pasta maker. didnt get no free raviolli attatchment though, 27 Jun 2012
using the pasta machine is very easy, all the settings on the maker make it easy to use,i enjoy making pasta and the machine is brilliant.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hassle free home pasta making, 7 Jan 2012
Bought the Andrew James pasta maker to make some home made ravioli and found it very easy to use. The size is just right for our kitchen and the clamp has plenty of room to attach to the working surface. Product is well made and instructions for use and cleaning were very easy to follow.

1.0 out of 5 stars disappointing, 8 Jan 2014
Like a few of the other reviewers, I noticed upon receipt of this product that it didn't look or feel particularly sturdy. Nevertheless I set about making my first pasta dish and was delighted with the result.

The problems began when I decided to use it for a second time a couple of days later. Having prepared my dough I set about putting it through the rollers only to find that they would intermittently stick, causing the pasta to tear and come out in a rather sorry state, eventually they simply wouldn't move when I tried to put the dough through.

After taking the machine apart I discovered that the gears which drive the rollers aren't the best quality, nor do they fit particularly well, this was allowing lateral movement of the gears on the shaft meaning they didn't fully connect, especially on the wider settings.

The fix (Which has worked so far) was to flip the gear on the 'slave' roller around as even with the movement this allows for much better contact between the 2 gears.

I do now have a working pasta maker but I wouldn't recommend this product unless you're willing to tinker about with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars i really do love, 3 Aug 2013
So easy to use. I have had other pasta machine but this is SO much better and the ravioli device is absolute genious