5.0 out of 5 stars Full of goodness
I take this with Maca powder and Spirulina in my juices or smoothies. Full of goodness and fills you up. I feel much healthier and with more energy since I have been doing so. I have also given up meat which I feel has helped too, but you don't need to go that far!
Published 15 months ago by MelanieMc

2.0 out of 5 stars Uggh
so I decided to go on yet another health kick... I trawled the internet via my good friends "pinterest" and "google" and decided the way forward was Chia Seeds.
Chia Seeds.....
I have heard that the last bite of a banana - you know that gunky disgusting end bit -has been described as the 'devils anus', well let me tell you I would rather eat that...
Published 4 months ago by Plantpot

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of goodness, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Raw Chocolate Company Organic Chia Seeds 150 g (Grocery)

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have, 15 Jan 2014
S. Hussain (Luton, UK) - See all my reviews
I love chia seeds, they are a perfect way to get extra essential fats and protein into your diet. Great blended in drinks or made into healthy desserts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 28 Jan 2014
Miss (GLASGOW, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These seeds are high quality and the bag isn't too large so I'm not left with loads of chia seeds hanging around for months on end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stuck for snack/recipe ideas?, 16 Nov 2014
Silvester (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I have been using chia seeds for several months now and can honestly say I feel a lot better for adding them to my diet. The fact they are loaded with fibre means I feel fuller for longer and don't feel the need to snack as much throughout the day. I also find it helps prevent blood sugar spikes.

The difficulty I found was finding ways of adding Chia Seeds to my food. The whole idea of putting seeds in my food seemed a bit odd at first, so I found it was a bit of a case of trial and error.

Below are some of the snacks/meals I have adapted to include Chia Seeds:

*** Chocolate protein milkshake with Chia Seeds ***

This is one of my favourite snacks I've made so far using Chia Seeds. I get a big tub of natural yogurt & place it in a blender with about 1 cup of milk. I blend this together until I have a nice liquidized mix. I then add a scoop of chocolate protein powder and 3 tablespoons of Chia Seeds and blend until the mix is nice and even. If you want to sweeten it up a little, you can even add a little sweetener for those with a sweet tooth.

The result is a nice thick creamy milkshake which is full of protein & fibre. The crushed chia seeds help to thicken it up, so be careful not to use too much if you're making a smaller portion. I tend to either drink it out of a big glass, or put it in a protein shaker and drink with a straw while travelling to work or sat at my desk.

*** Chia Seeds with strawberry yoghurt ***

Sometimes if I just want a quick snack without the mess of preparing a smoothie, I find a tablespoon or 2 of Chia in strawberry yogurt makes a nice quick snack. As the Chia Seeds don't have much of a test to them, they just give the yogurt more texture, but leave you feeling that bit fuller.

*** Scrambled eggs with Chia Seeds ***

Sounds a little odd I know, but I like mixing Chia Seeds in my scrambled egg. I mix my eggs and milk together in a microwave jug, then add 1 or 2 tablespoons of Chia Seeds and microwave till done, stirring with a fork every few minutes.
The end result is scrambled egg with a slightly nutty texture to them. Your eggs look a little different, but you can't really taste any difference. Now place your eggs on toast and you have a yummy breakfast with an extra helping of fibre and the goodness of protein from both the eggs and the Chia Seeds.

*** Others ***

Although I've not tried many other recipes myself yet, researching online it seems the opportunities are endless when it comes to Chia Seeds. I've seen recipes where people have used them in cakes, to make chicken coating, in porridge for breakfast, to make cereal bars, mixed with fried rice to give it texture, on pizzas, in salads. There really are so many ways of adding Chia Seeds to your diet.

*** Any Cons? ***

I have only found 1 con so far and that is that the little seeds can sometimes get stuck in your teeth a little, especially when mixed in with fruit yogurt which can be a bit annoying. But apart from that, I honestly can't think of a bad thing to say about Chia Seeds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy Chia Seeds, 12 Jun 2013
The chia seeds arrived in good time, and have encouraged me to make a larger order for more (albeit with another seller). This was the cheapest seller when I bought them, although if you want to save money a bulk purchase (over 500g) is probably better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chia Seeds, 27 Mar 2014
Have been meaning to try Chia Seeds for ages, because I had read of all the good things they do for you! Pack size is just right.

4.0 out of 5 stars It delivers, 8 Jun 2014
Fresh, quality chia seeds. I'd love to pay the price I pay in Canada, but it just seems like everything here is 3-4 x's the price for this type of item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 30 Mar 2014
Great and healthy for you! :) I do recommend it as where I live to buy them is much more expensive than here!

4.0 out of 5 stars good value if your trying for the first time, 14 Nov 2014
Great value 'starter pack'. I wanted to try these, but not spend too much, and I'm glad I didn't. I'm sure its no fault of this product, but these seeds cause bloating in some people and it seems I'm one if them.

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 17 July 2014