4.0 out of 5 stars Non-original but perfectly acceptable for me.
Published on 5 Oct 2012 by Wong

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart within weeks of use.
These looked great when first fitted. After several weeks I opened my headphones case and they had burst apart. I would not buy this particular item again.
Published 10 months ago by Mr. S. C. Bridgewater

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Non-original but perfectly acceptable for me., 5 Oct 2012
Wong "Wong" (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Ear Pad Cushion for Bose Quiet Comfort 2 - QC2 - and Quiet Comfort 15 - QC15 - Headphones (Electronics)
I have posted a few pics of my own for people to compare the old originals to the new replacements. After reading the few reviews, I thought I had to see if these would work for my tired 3-yo QC2 ear pads that were shedding the "black dandruff". Delivery was super fast as it came the next day after I ordered it so no complaints there. No instructions were given but Bose has a Youtube video and it's very simple. I had a bit of trouble fitting one of them on but a little perseverance and they're all on nicely.

As for fit, these are slightly smaller earcups. How do I know? Everyone has difference sizes so it can be relative but the one constant is the QC2 case and the earcups fit over the rest firmly. That was never the case with the originals even when new so I can see where people are coming from when they say it hurts their ears as these earcups are probably pushing on their ears. Since they're not as thick (see photo comparisons), the inner chamber may well be pushing on the ears as well. My ears aren't particularly large nor do they stick out noticeably so I have not noticed this problem.

The manufacturer says the earpads will soften over time.I think it will take more than 6 months of use. If you check out the photos, the original uses a familiar yellow type sponge and the cheaper replacement uses a firmer type grey sponge typically used in computer parts packaging and these are firmer. I have only worn them for about 10 minutes so can't comment on comfort but they were not immediately uncomfortable for me. All I can say is they are a firm fit on the ears. A different experience as the old ear cups have been really collapsing and going out of shape.

Sound wise, I noticed a better improvement in bass. Now, my ears aren't the discerning audiophile ears but it does seem to have made the noise-cancellation better then previously when I thought my QC2 noise cancellation was becoming defective. Overall, I'm very happy with this purchase. Due to the noticeable difference in ear size and firmness, it may not be to everyone's taste but it works well enough for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Fell apart within weeks of use., 27 Jan 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper but the pads are not as soft as the originals, 15 Aug 2013
I. J. Hornby "Ian Hornby" (New Zealand) - See all my reviews
It's frustrating that you spend £250 on these headphones and the ear pads and head bands deteriorate and then Bose want to over charge you for a replacement pair. For what Bose charges they should be made of soft leather not synthetic and so I thought I'd give these a go.

Overall I am relatively happy. They are not quite as comfortable as the originals and I don't like all the ugly ripples/creases around the edges which aren't so obvious on the originals.

They were fitted in seconds and although not as soft I haven't found I've had to remove them after a few hours for being uncomfortable.

I would recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Headphonemate Bose Quiet Comfort 2 replacement ear pads, 22 Jun 2012
I bought these just before Christmas. My original Bose QC2 ear pads had started to flake (little black pieces of the ear pad covering came off everytime I wore them) and the inner foam had started to come away. Money was a bit tight in the run up to xmas and I couldn't justify splashing out on a proper Bose replacement set so I bought these with the intention being that I would replace them with a proper Bose set in the New Year.

Six months later, new job, much higher salary :) but honestly I am going to stick with these headphonemate ones and I have recommended them to a couple of workmates too. I will admit that at first they don't seem quite as comfortable as the Bose originals. If you are used to using the Bose earpads you will definitely notice straight away that these aren't as soft, but they certainly aren't uncomfortable, they just feel a bit 'different' (I wear them for aprox 4 hours every night of the week so i wouldn't be recommending them if they were uncomfortable). After Six months and lots of wear they are still in an as new condition i.e. no flaking black bits. They look identical to the Bose original, they are comfortable (although they do have a different feel to the originals) and they do seem to be a better quality (They have lasted better than the originals did after 6 months anyway). I will buy these again if needed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Cheap but not comfortable with longer periods of use, 22 Feb 2013
Schrödinger's Gnat (Perthshire, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought these since they are very cheap compared to the original Bose replacement set (which are about £30). They were easy to fit and a good fit for the headphones but not the head. The problem is that they are not made of the same very soft, very pliable material of the originals. As a consequence, they do not make as good a seal around one's head and so the sound quality suffers a little, especially on aeroplanes when one's head may be leaning back against the headrest. That said, sound quality is not the major problem. The biggest problem for me is that these more rigid sponges are really quite uncomfortable compared to the orginals. I just did a 10,000 round trip last week and used them a lot and my ears were quite painful after longed periods of use. Wearing them for even 20 mins is painful. I now intend to part with the extra wonga and get a Bose pair before my next long trip.

4.0 out of 5 stars easy to install, 4 July 2014
Well packaged, easy to install, good quality - at least in the beginning looks great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 23 May 2014
Very effective and reasonably priced

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 22 April 2014
Arrived in 2 days wow what prompt service. Easy to fit even for me and my Bose earphones are part of my life again. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good!, 30 Dec 2013
I like it so much. Good quality ear pad. my only problem it wasnt catch onto my headphone. It was my only problem, by the way it was arriving in 2 days after purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 14 Dec 2013
These arrived quickly and were very easy to fit to my headphones. Durable as well as very comfortable to wear and use.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›