4.0 out of 5 stars Worth Reading
When I started this, I wasn't sure what I'd make of it by the time I finished. I've read a lot of time-travel books recently, most of which I've enjoyed thoroughly. When I started this one, I have to admit that I wasn't too keen. The idea was good, but I just didn't feel anything towards the characters - instead it felt like something thought up by BBC Three...
Published 7 months ago by simon211175

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like this.
The man who wrote this story was certainly not as good a Time Travel writer like the other authors I have read, I stuck it out to the end but I have read better books. Sorry if this disappoints anyone, don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings!! HEATHER.
Published 16 months ago by Heather Hesketh

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth Reading, 15 Sept. 2014
simon211175 (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Touchstone (1. The Sins of the Fathers) - a time travel historical adventure (Kindle Edition)

However with that said, I found myself wanting to pick it back up again at every opportunity and when I finished, I jumped straight in to the second book. So yeah, I liked it. I liked it enough to pick the next one up immediately. I liked it enough to wonder if Rachel and Danny make it through their adventures.

As the book gets going, the characters get more of an appeal - I think the problem wasn't so much the central characters, but rather the teacher - as it seemed I switched off more in scenes where he played a part.

If you like time-travel as a genre, there are some great books out there, and some bad ones. This one for me is a good one and as such I'd say go for it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great start., 16 Feb. 2014
L. Osburn "Smokie4EVA" (Marsden, West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I must admit I love any books that have time travel in them, and this one didn't disappoint either. To make things even better, was to get to the end of this book knowing there were more to come. :) I ended up purchasing all 5 of the books and reading them one after the other over the space of a couple of days. :)
Imagine two students, in a graveyard doing a project and ending up travelling in time. I won't spoil the storyline, but will say there are twists and turns, romance and some hard decisions to make...all totalling up to a jolly good read!

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put it down, 22 July 2013
Jangojohnny (Swadlincote, Derbyshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I had read Andy's script he had turned into a feature "Arjun and Alison" so I knew very well that he could write but I didn't expect to be so blown away as I was with this one. The detail was brilliant. I have a feeling Andy went all out on his research on the history of the town and I felt I could go and visit and really see these places. I love the characters and simply adored this book.
I read it in a day and am about to order the next one!

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 5 Mar. 2012
I enjoyed this book. I have read a few time travel books but this one really got to me. I thought it was going to be a typical teenage romance but it certainly wasn't. I had to buy the second book and can't wait for the third. Absolutely gripping

5.0 out of 5 stars Good story, 29 Jun. 2013
This tale is excellent I like a story that is believable and not as far fetched as some More like this please

5.0 out of 5 stars Touchstone, 21 Dec. 2012
An extrememly riveting short book that I didn't want to end and would have loved the book to be longer.

5.0 out of 5 stars How times change..., 21 May 2014
A story to make you feel you have gone back to Birmingham in 1912. I could not put it down and can't wait to get into the next adventure.

5.0 out of 5 stars a real page turner, 29 Dec. 2013
Tried this out on a whim, very pleased I did, crisply written, engaging and thrilling, enjoyed it so much, I bought the series !

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read nevertheless, 26 Dec. 2013
Why the end of these books - and I am talking about most of the time-travel ones that I read from here - have the end brought me to such an anti-climax? I thought about it a lot, there is nothing significant that I can put my finger on it and say 'see, this is what you've should've write' but the truth is I was left unsatisfied (now I am talking about this book in particular). Like a love story with no happy ending or worse, one with no ending that leaves tons of unanswered questions. I hoped that Rachel's last trip to the past will give poor Charlie some well deserved 'treats' but no. But that's just me and I might be too mean, as I trully enjoy this series.
I do hope the author takes some time to read through these reviews which - although not professional - are a valuable peak in the 'market's mind, likes and dislikes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't like this., 13 Dec. 2013