4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed.
Just finished this book and really enjoyed it. Some parts really made me laugh to the extent that I repeated them to other people. Was also nice comparing to experiences from my own childhood. Only downside was that it is childhood/early adulthood memoir and as a result doesn't cover when Jason became famous or any anecdotes from this time which I would have liked to...
Published 7 months ago by Claralou

3.0 out of 5 stars I love this guy as a comedian and was looking forward ...
I love this guy as a comedian and was looking forward to seeing his humour in words. I wasn't dissapointed. As story telling goes Jason is a natural and had me laughing out loud. I was on the verge of giving it 5 stars towards the end of the book. Then why didn't I? The end made me sad. It was as if someone had ripped a few chapters out. It skipped many years...
Published 4 months ago by Kindle Customer

‹ Previous | 17 8 913 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Manford's success in opening a new realm of excitement..., 4 Oct. 2011
Amy McLean - See all my reviews
Do you enjoy reminiscent anecdotes? Are you a fan of laughter? Is it important for you to connect with the author of a book?

If you've answered 'yes' to the above three questions, then I can delightfully ensure you that you've landed on the right book. 'Brung Up Proper' takes us through Manford's childhood during the '80s and '90s, bringing us through to the formation of his career as a comedian, weaving a few digressions to his present day life at appropriate intervals.

Manford writes in such a style that we can all understand; it's informal, laid back, the use of colloquialisms keeping reader and author level. To reflect upon the fact that Jason is of human species, you should expect to find one or two slightly deeper tales across the years, however the majority of the words are constructed on a foundation of hilarity.

Delightful in appearance and content, Brung Up Proper is without a doubt one autobiography you cannot let bypass your life. With each page turn you'll find the tears of laughter increasing, with contemplation induced through inspirational quotes along the way. Once it's in your hands you won't want to put it down; Brung Up Proper is the must-read of the year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't stop laughing, 2 Feb. 2015
Loved this book ! Made me laugh from start to finish. You can tell how much Jason loves his family no matter what crazy things they might do. Definitely worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 19 Dec. 2014
Big Jon (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
This guy is a comedy genius. I've got all his dvd's and thought it time I read about his life. This is a really good read about Mr Manford, I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent read., 26 Feb. 2015
The great thing about this book is that its not full of endless names,dates and boring details like many other biographies. Laugh out loud stuff.loved it! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars made me chuckle throughout..., 26 Nov. 2014
Excellent easy read from Jason Manford - poignant and comical throughout, going back to his roots and how he made his way onto the comedy circuit - 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars heart warming, 9 Oct. 2014
Made you laugh and go aww in others! If your a Jason manford fan you should read! Follow Jason's life from a young child to adulthood a heartwarming story.

3.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, 6 Mar. 2015
I thought I would get a few more belly laughs from Jason. Putting marbles in your foreskin story was one I retold. Worth a read if you like Jason Manford.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Jan. 2015
Belly laughs from start to finish.Being a fellow Manc and MCFC supporter made it even better. Loved it perhaps you could think about a sequel Jason.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this book, 3 Jan. 2015
Really enjoyed this book, very good story of his life so far ups and downs and lots of laughs. Looking forward to the follow up as life goes on!

5.0 out of 5 stars quite a few laugh out load funny bits! Felt like we were sitting chatting about ..., 31 July 2014
Very interesting, quite a few laugh out load funny bits! Felt like we were sitting chatting about Jason's earlier life. Easy read, I would recommend

‹ Previous | 17 8 913 | Next ›