Fantastic book, a great laugh and very heart warming. Bought this book as im seeing him live soon and wanted to know more about the man behind the jokes, and wasnt disappointed, some brilliant stories aswell as some really sad moments, deffo a 5* rating xx
Published on 6 Nov 2011 by keeps2008

3.0 out of 5 stars Dragged up slowly
I downloaded the kindle version thinking such a good comedian would write a really funny book. I was 39% through before l got a good laugh. Trying to plod on but it is slow going. Sorry Jason, but not your best.
Published 20 months ago by pavanotti

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant book, had me laughing from the very first page., 6 Nov 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Dragged up slowly, 13 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Brung Up Proper ... Really?, 18 Oct 2011
Jason doesn't disappoint with this 'laugh out loud' funny book crammed full of anecdotes of his misspent youth. It doesn't quite draw a parallel with my own (thank goodness), but his references to 80's and 90's Northern working-class family struggles, fashions, priorities and suchlike are absolutely 'bob on!' It was pretty much 'unputdownable' and I had it wrapped within a week ... a cracker of a read for Northern, Jason, Comedy lovers!

4.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed., 7 Sep 2014
Just finished this book and really enjoyed it. Some parts really made me laugh to the extent that I repeated them to other people. Was also nice comparing to experiences from my own childhood. Only downside was that it is childhood/early adulthood memoir and as a result doesn't cover when Jason became famous or any anecdotes from this time which I would have liked to read. This did not take away from my enjoyment of the book however. In short this is quite a heartwarming book that I would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fat Michael Owen, 8 Nov 2011
This awesome autobiography had me in tears of laughter, the stories (and the pictures) were hilarious. Would recommend this book for a good read and a good laugh too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Manford's success in opening a new realm of excitement..., 4 Oct 2011
Amy McLean - See all my reviews
Do you enjoy reminiscent anecdotes? Are you a fan of laughter? Is it important for you to connect with the author of a book?

If you've answered 'yes' to the above three questions, then I can delightfully ensure you that you've landed on the right book. 'Brung Up Proper' takes us through Manford's childhood during the '80s and '90s, bringing us through to the formation of his career as a comedian, weaving a few digressions to his present day life at appropriate intervals.

Manford writes in such a style that we can all understand; it's informal, laid back, the use of colloquialisms keeping reader and author level. To reflect upon the fact that Jason is of human species, you should expect to find one or two slightly deeper tales across the years, however the majority of the words are constructed on a foundation of hilarity.

Delightful in appearance and content, Brung Up Proper is without a doubt one autobiography you cannot let bypass your life. With each page turn you'll find the tears of laughter increasing, with contemplation induced through inspirational quotes along the way. Once it's in your hands you won't want to put it down; Brung Up Proper is the must-read of the year!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 28 Jun 2014
This book was bought as a gift to keep my dad occupied. Seems to be good! Good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 5 Jun 2014
I'm a big fan of Jason Manford and this book does not disappoint, although I have not completely finished it and have about 1/4 of it left, what I have read has been very entertaining.

5.0 out of 5 stars mr mangoes, 2 Jun 2014
well, if you like jason manford then this is a must buy. he comes across as the local lad from uptown and this autobiography explains why he is the way he is. just hilarious and sad in parts, but real life!

5.0 out of 5 stars top read from a top bloke!!, 27 April 2014
Great insight into Jason's life and how he got where he is today. I'm not normally a reader but once I started I couldn't put it down. I've seen Jason live, seen the DVD's and follow him on social networks and this just shows although a big name in comedy that he's a normal down to earth family man like any other!! Nice work!!