5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, honest and touching
I LOVE Lee Evans, I always have and do even more so now,
Really touching,honest and kind, A real reflection behind the funny man the relationship between him and his wife is lovely & so very genuine.
Brought me to tears a couple of times and made me laugh too.
Published on 6 Oct 2011 by C

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing and flat.
I bought the audio book instead of the book as I thought it would be delivered in the same manic mode he usually delivers his performances in. It wasn't. It was delivered in a rather bland manner. You knew he was reading it. He didn't do any voices either. I have listened to lots of audio biographies and they are usually very entertaining - Peter Ustinov and Kenneth...
Published 1 month ago by JOSEPH OLIVER

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, honest and touching, 6 Oct 2011
C "readaholic" (FARNBOROUGH, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I LOVE Lee Evans, I always have and do even more so now,
Brought me to tears a couple of times and made me laugh too.
The only thing I would say is that I would've liked to have heard more about the early days, tours, when Molly was born etc.
Thanks Lee :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your normal biography, 5 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
A funny read that is well written and not the normal type of biography you'd expect from someone like Lee. I feel like I know him a lot better now! I bought it for myself and think I'll be getting another copy for my brother for Christmas (unless I can get away with passing on my copy...).

5.0 out of 5 stars Life of Lee, 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
What a unique story from a truly self-made man. This book had me laughing and crying in equal measures! With so many unforgettable characters from Lee's childhood, along with his unusual upbringing following his dad around the 1970s entertainment circuit, it's easy to see how Lee has found plenty of material for his comedy. Fans of Lee Evans will love this but it's also a brilliant memoir for anyone who loves a bitter sweet true life story. FIVE STARS.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Lee Evans!, 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
What a lovely man! I thought that I knew a lot about Lee Evans but reading his story written in his own words is very different from watching him on TV. He is so geniune and so humble. I really enjoyed reading his book and getting to know the real person behind the cheeky smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LEE EVANS, LOVE THIS BOOK, 5 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
If you're a big fan of Lee Evans obviously you'll love this book, but even if you're not there's no way you could fail to be engrossed in this moving, captivating and hilarious account of how he came to be the performer he is today. Every bit as funny on the page as he is on the stage! (oops, rhyme!)

5.0 out of 5 stars LEE EVANS The life of lee, 7 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
Im a huge fan of lee evans,i loved this book and could not put it down,it had me laughing out loud,also quite sad in parts,lee is a very hard worker,but as the saying goes behind every good man is a good woman ,which you will realise when you read this book,makes me love lee even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars heartwarming and hilarious, 5 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
This is such a heartwarming story of Lee's rise to fame - his relationship with his wife and the early years are described with a huge amount of warmth. And genuinely laugh-out-loud, fall-of-your-chair funny in places too! Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest book I have ever read, 13 Oct 2011
Colin Gillman (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
I was lucky to have caught Lee Evans in his heyday on the club circuit at the Railway pub in Hampton Wick just after he started out. I was dumbfounded and thought him an idiot at first. And that's exactly what he is. A lovely great clod. Two minutes into his act and I was hooked and have been ever since. He is the only comic of his time that can make me choke with laughter. This book does that as much as it makes one choke with tears, of both joy and with sadness. Nobody can be that stupid in real life, except for Lee Evans. This book will put fans like me through the emotional wringer. Thank god for him. Cheers for that Mouse Boy!

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely, 10 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Kindle Edition)
i thought this book would have me crying with laughter but instead you get to learn about lee evans. a man who is truly a fighter. he speaks so highly of his wife, its lovely. an interestimg read with funny stories. alot different to what i was expecting. amazing what people go through.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lee Evans, 3 Mar 2012
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
Great book, bought for a present for someone but started reading it and couldn't put it down, to be recommended