5.0 out of 5 stars Not your normal biography
A funny read that is well written and not the normal type of biography you'd expect from someone like Lee. I feel like I know him a lot better now! I bought it for myself and think I'll be getting another copy for my brother for Christmas (unless I can get away with passing on my copy...).
Published on 5 Oct 2011 by Louise Nash

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice story rags to we all know
Keeps you interested in what next can possibly go wrong. He shows anything is possible if you just keep going
Published 16 months ago by R Ward

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your normal biography, 5 Oct 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, honest and touching, 6 Oct 2011
C "readaholic" (FARNBOROUGH, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I LOVE Lee Evans, I always have and do even more so now,
Really touching,honest and kind, A real reflection behind the funny man the relationship between him and his wife is lovely & so very genuine.
Brought me to tears a couple of times and made me laugh too.
The only thing I would say is that I would've liked to have heard more about the early days, tours, when Molly was born etc.
Thanks Lee :o)

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest book I have ever read, 13 Oct 2011
Colin Gillman (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
I was lucky to have caught Lee Evans in his heyday on the club circuit at the Railway pub in Hampton Wick just after he started out. I was dumbfounded and thought him an idiot at first. And that's exactly what he is. A lovely great clod. Two minutes into his act and I was hooked and have been ever since. He is the only comic of his time that can make me choke with laughter. This book does that as much as it makes one choke with tears, of both joy and with sadness. Nobody can be that stupid in real life, except for Lee Evans. This book will put fans like me through the emotional wringer. Thank god for him. Cheers for that Mouse Boy!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LEE EVANS, LOVE THIS BOOK, 5 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
If you're a big fan of Lee Evans obviously you'll love this book, but even if you're not there's no way you could fail to be engrossed in this moving, captivating and hilarious account of how he came to be the performer he is today. Every bit as funny on the page as he is on the stage! (oops, rhyme!)

5.0 out of 5 stars LEE EVANS The life of lee, 7 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
Im a huge fan of lee evans,i loved this book and could not put it down,it had me laughing out loud,also quite sad in parts,lee is a very hard worker,but as the saying goes behind every good man is a good woman ,which you will realise when you read this book,makes me love lee even more.

5.0 out of 5 stars heartwarming and hilarious, 5 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
This is such a heartwarming story of Lee's rise to fame - his relationship with his wife and the early years are described with a huge amount of warmth. And genuinely laugh-out-loud, fall-of-your-chair funny in places too! Five stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life of Lee, 6 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
What a unique story from a truly self-made man. This book had me laughing and crying in equal measures! With so many unforgettable characters from Lee's childhood, along with his unusual upbringing following his dad around the 1970s entertainment circuit, it's easy to see how Lee has found plenty of material for his comedy. Fans of Lee Evans will love this but it's also a brilliant memoir for anyone who loves a bitter sweet true life story. FIVE STARS.

5.0 out of 5 stars loveee, 9 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
LOVE IT, I love all his work from his very first show to the one i'm seeing on thursday! i couldn't be any more excited! i love the book and it all x

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 8 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
A fantastic book, endearing, heart warming and gives so much insight into the ball of energy that he is today.

I was sad it finished as I wanted it to keep going.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Lee Evans!, 4 Oct 2011
This review is from: The Life of Lee (Hardcover)
What a lovely man! I thought that I knew a lot about Lee Evans but reading his story written in his own words is very different from watching him on TV. He is so geniune and so humble. I really enjoyed reading his book and getting to know the real person behind the cheeky smile.