Shop now Shop now  Up to 70% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

on 4 July 2012
Ok, firstly full disclosure. I have never used, held, seen, or eaten a genuine Apple Smart Cover. And at £35 I ain't going to! Quite frankly I cannot see how it can be, in any way, shape or form, any better than this cover, which cost under £7.
In terms of quality, it feels well made, the "inside" (the bit that touches the screen) has a soft suede-like feel to it, so isn't going to scratch your screen. It's thick enough to feel like the screen is well protected, without being cumbersome, and has the same folds as the Apple, from what I can establish from pictures of the genuine article.

In terms of functionality, it magnetises neatly to the side of the pad, and when closed, operates exactly as it should; putting the iPad to sleep and waking it up again on opening and closing. I cannot, as yet, comment on the longevity of it, but it seems durable and built to last. I've noticed in some reviews, a few comments that the edges can fray after a while. It's SEVEN QUID. If it lasts 12 months, I'll be quite satisfied, and buy another! As it happens, I actually plan to buy a couple more, in different colours, for variety, something I could never afford to do with the genuine Apple Smart Cover.

Whilst it isn't going to protect your iPad, should you drop a house brick on it, it will protect it from day to day knocks, bumps etc. if you want a cover that will protect against house brick damage then you'll have to spend a LOT more, or see a psychologist to find out why you feel the need to hurl bricks at electronic equipment (although I can think of one or two operating systems which might illicit such a response!)

For the price, this is worth every penny, and well worth the 5/5 score I have given it. A no-brainer, in my opinion!
on 23 March 2012
£6.50 what a bargin fits perfect looks the dogs what more do you want.Even if it only lasts a year it's still great value.Would recommend to anyone.Ordered Wednesday came on Friday will deffenetly use again 5*
on 4 July 2012
The product arrived within 3 days of order. I decided to return the product straight after I saw the good because I thought it will not protect my expensive IPAD and I have to go for something more robust . I bought a laser case. The seller respond to my email and refund me the payment including the postage. Good seller to recommend but if you like to have a good protection to your Ipad look for different product however it will be much more expensive.I did.
on 3 February 2012
Looked around on the web for another white cover for my iPad, since i didn't have much of a budget I decided to go for the cheapest. I was really surprised at the quality, will definitely be using this seller again, especially since the item came so quickly
on 3 January 2013
I got one of these for my iPad 4 but wasn't expecting much for the price. The official Apple Smartcover is £35, which is obnoxiously expensive in my opinion, hence why I opted for a cheaper third-party alternative. I'm not sure quite how this compares with the official Smartcover but it seems to work as expected with my iPad turning off when the cover closed and coming on when I lift the cover back. The cover also works fine as a stand in two orientations, allowing for the watching of videos and movies as well as typing and reading. The magnetic clasps are also very strong and apart for some slight slippage the cover has remained firmly attached to my iPad. It is even strong enough to support the weight of the iPad, no mean feat when it weighs 650g!!! Yet the cover comes off with a firm pull. Amazing really. The cover seems to be well-made although mine doesn't quite sit completely flat on my iPad's screen. I don't know how these compare quality-wise to the official Apple Smartcover but at this price I can't complain!
on 19 June 2012
This cover is absolutely spot on. Decided to risk buying the cheaper version of the apple cover and it's really paid off. It works in every way: the sleep/wake function works, it auto-aligns, both standing positions work and the white colour is the exact same as my "new"iPad so it looks the part too and all for a fraction of the cost. It's a must have. The only thing I can say I don't particularly like about it is that it doesn't enable the iPad to stand in portrait which I thought it would have and it'd be a nice touch if they managed to create one that did (the apple ones don't either!). This means that all typing has to be done in landscape which is a very slight negative but for less than £7 it does everything it should and I would recommend it to anyone.
on 6 August 2015
It's not actually a case, but just a screen cover, which magnetically attaches to the side of the ipad. It comes off incredibly easily and offers no protection if it's dropped, as the cover is also very unlikely to stay on the front, and the back of the ipad is completely unprotected. I think the product must be different from the one the most helpful reviewer at the top received, which he compares to the apple version - believe me, this is nothing like it, but his review is 3 years old.
on 21 June 2012
I was looking for a cheap ipad2 cover. As I did not want to spend my money on the original apple smart covers, this one came very close.
It fits nicely on my ipad2. Magnet it strong enough. Ipad2 recognises it as a smart cover and closing the cover switches off the ipad2. Only downside is that this cover is probably not strong enough to have the ipad2 stand up. But that is a feature I don't use at all. Pricing is very good and delivery really quick.
on 26 October 2012
The magnetic cover is easy to fit and protects the screen well. It is well worth the money and does what is says on the tin. Not that easy to use as a stand for the i pad. There are other products which are more expensive which can act as a stand far better. But this looks good and does the job I wanted it to, ie protect the screen and easy to use.
on 18 June 2012
I compared this with a my friends proper Apple Flip cover and looks wise you cannot tell the difference. Looking side ways the Apple cover is a smidgen thicker (literally less than a millimeter thicker). The Apple cover is £39. That's over £30 for a millimeter of extra thickness. Needless to say I did not buy an official Apple flip case.