I bought this battery to replace a 4200MAh one in a four year old Acer Aspire 5535 laptop I bought from my brother.

The one that was in the laptop was basically on it's last legs and needed to be constantly on charge and was getting that hot you could fry an egg on it!

Looked around and this one appeared good for the price. The battery looks good quality and after a little ispection I just popped it straight in the back of the laptop and it fits perfectly.

I used the bit of charge up in it and then fully charged it up to test it out. Full charge took a few hours. I've fully charged and spent the battery a few times now and each time I got just over two hours of time out of it. This was general net usage of surfing, watched a few videos, wrote a few emails, went on some forums for a while etc. . .I'm not one to watch dvds on the laptop so I couldn't comment on that aspect but I would imagine you could squeeze a typical movie out in one full charge, fingers crossed!

So not too bad in my opinion.

I'll report back if anything to know folks. But for now I'd recommend it!
on 13 June 2012
I bought this AS07A31 battery for my Acer Aspire 5740, though my laptop computer was not on their list. Delivered 2 days after order, it fitted straight in, it was nearly fully charged on arrival, and works much better than my fast expiring original battery; oh, and much cheaper than I anticipated. Good purchase.
on 12 March 2013
We ordered this product because of its price and reviews and it initially worked well, but after 4 months it was not charging well and even after being fully discharged it would not charge fully. We contacted the seller and had some correspondence with them. The final outcome was that they agreed to a full refund.
on 4 February 2014
This was my first replacement battery for an acer lap top since the life of the old one was down to 30 minutes. Hoped to do better with this replacement ut within 3-4 months the battery life was down to less than one hour - pretty disappointed.
on 31 January 2013
The battery was delivered by the seller quickly arriving well packaged and undamaged. Unfortunately I ordered the wrong battery for my laptop so I am not able to comment on how well it performed.
I can comment on the seller who I found easy to deal with once my mistake was discovered. There were no problems sending the battery back and after providing a proof of postage I was instantly issued with a refund. I would not hesitate in using the seller again and will recommend them to others.
on 17 October 2013
Good bye for the price ,battery will last for 3 hours befor needind reecharging as this wasent expencife i think this is veary good bye
on 25 February 2013
Very prompt delivery fitted perfectly and worked immediately. Good value I would recomend this product to other laptop users -easy to select correct replacement from web site
on 23 April 2014
I am awaiting to hear back from supplier as I am not happy can only use my laptop on mains as it does not stay charged hoping they will get back to me soon
on 30 December 2012
The battery was delivered in no time and was fitted with no problems. It's great to be able to use the laptop again without worrying about shutting down.
on 24 February 2014
This item initially held a charge. It soon became evident, that it had a limited life, and requires constant charging after minimum usage on Laptop.