Style Name: STAINLESS STEEL|Change
Price:£2.22+ Free shipping

For a gadjet loving male such as I, I was totally knocked out with how easy it is to used this cutter and slicer.
The instructions are simple and with the prices for fresh pineapple these days being so cheap it makes fresh pineapple almost as cheap as the tinned stuff.

You assemble the handle and cutter with a simple twist and click.
You lop the top off the pineapple,
Line up the cutter over the centre making sure you have a bowl underneath to catch the juice.
And

Turn.
The sharp blades and action is so easy my arthritic old ganny could use one.

The pineapple comes out like shown in the picture but without the wide gaps (unless you tug the pineapple for show.

You are left with a really neat pineapple container which you could use for icecream and decoration etc OR
Split in half and fold back then eat the pineapple that's left attached to the sides and eat ala hot sweetcorn style 0r chuck the halves on your lawn for the blackbirds to peck at al fresco.
Then chuck the halves and top in the compost heap or brown recycling bin.

Detach the blade and hand wash. You can stick it in the dishwasher but I've found that bits of pineapple grip like a wrestler's half nelson to the top of the cutter so it's a lot less bother to clean it by hand.

A terrific and fun way to get one of your five a day.
on 5 December 2015
Took a while to arrive (around 3 weeks) and no proper packaging, just wrapped in bubble wrap. So not sure if it's new but should be! As it said so on Amazon.
I skeptical but wanted to try this product as it was cheap and good review. WOW. Always gave up on buying whole pineapple, hating the prep, but now this is rather fun. I think we'll be eating more pineapple now.
review image
This pineapple slicer was a gift, and I had forgotten I had one. While cleaning a drawer, I found this and the next time I went to the market, I purchased a fresh pineapple.

I have some strength issues, but found this Pineapple Slicer was so easy and quick! You slice the top of the pineapple, line the slicer in the middle, press in, turn, turn, turn, turn.....to almost the bottom. Then do not push any further and just turn and pull it out. So very easy. You can use again if you want to go all the way to the bottom. I took leftover pineapple and squeezed with just my hands, an additional 8 oz. of fresh pineapple juice. I find I am now eating more fresh pineapple.

Recommended. prisrob 08-29-13
on 15 January 2016
Massively un-impressed, handle doesn't fit properly, it feels unfinished, bits of solder falling off where it's been put together. I'm afraid it's gone straight in the re-cycling bin! Didn't really fancy bits of metal in my pineapple! Would have sent it back, but it would have cost me time and money, and with it being so cheap I've just written it off as experience. It's always a gamble when you buy something so cheap from abroad. I suppose it would do the job, but like I say, I really didn't fancy bits of metal in my pineapple! Since bought another one made of plastic, would very much recommend over a metal one, much easier to maintain, and not much more money.
on 7 November 2015
Should have expected the quality for the price. It works ok but the edges are sharp and it is easy to cut your hand. Also the push button sticks inside when I take the handle off so have to fiddle about with it to get it out again. I only use it now and again and it is fine but if you are a regular pineapple user I would go for a better more expensive one.
on 25 May 2016
It is amazing that something so simple can make eating fruit so enjoyable. It is easy to use, just cut the head off the pineapple and a light press of the device into the top and turn gently, no real effort required, my grandmother could use it with her dodgy wrists. Buy it, eat pineapple for once that's not out of a tin.

Good quality, will last if you are not ham fisted.
on 10 July 2016
I waited ages for this to arrive from China. What a waste of money - don't buy it!! It looks as if it's been put together by a new pupil in the school metalwork department. The handle doesn't fit and the bits of metal don't fit together properly. A real botch job!! Save your money and buy a plastic one!
on 28 April 2016
Excellent tool for the kitchen. I was a little afraid that with the price I paid it wouldn't work but was superseded and delighted when it gave me lovely pineapple rings. Don't be put off by the price this item works. Be careful this item is very sharp.
on 14 August 2015
This makes prepping a pineapple so much easier. You do have to buy the large sized pineapples though as I bought a medium sized one from Sainsburys and it was too small and loads of the skin was left on. With a large one it works though, just make sure it's flat and not at a slope or it will come out of the side. Takes a couple of goes to get the hang of it but so so much better than doing it by hand.
on 23 December 2015
This product works fine, however beware. All edges are sharp and you can cut your finger easily if you're not careful. Also use for small (regular) pinaple. Works just as well on large ones, but there is some fruit left on the skin which is a waste (if you're old skool like me and don't like to waste food).