on 24 January 2016
I have used this several times since receiving it now and I am very happy with the product. Takes a few hours for the powerbank to recharge fully from flat, but can then charge my iPhone 5s from flat to 90%. Great for carrying around in coat pocket for that bit of charge when you are on a night out or the bus and your phone dies. Excellent value and arrived very quickly in post. Comes with a handy little net sack and a Micro USB charging cable. If you have an iPhone you will obviously need to carry around a lightning cable in the sack too.
on 18 October 2013
This isn't the first Anker portable phone battery I've bought, so based on my experience with the previous larger capacity unit I thought I'd stick with this brand (as there are sooooo many manufacturers).

I'm glad I did, this little battery is well made and will give almost any phone a full charge from flat. I've often been caught out after being on the go all day and heard the battery warning noise from my phone, now I plug in this compact charger and keep it in my pocket to beside the phone.

Highly recommended.
on 24 September 2014
One of my favourite devices is the bigger 10000mAh 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Power Bank - however I have found that my wife was using it more & more! A couple of times I noticed it went missing; so decided it was time to buy her one of her own. Thought I'd give this a try first because it looked like a neater size for her to carry around everyday in her handbag and a good compromise between size (watch out for similar cheaper but lower powered circa 2000mAh devices), cost & convenience. She loves it - thanks Anker - just perfect!
on 29 June 2015
Now that I've had the Anker for a few weeks I feel I can post a review. I'm very pleased with it and it does what it says. It takes a while to fully charge at home but once its charged, I pop it into my handbag. I then have the security of knowing that if my battery is low while I'm out I can just plug the Anker into my phone and I'm fully charged again. The only thing I have found is that if I plug the Anker into my mobile while its in my bag - if I'm on the tube for example, sometimes the connection becomes loose and it stops charging.
on 28 September 2014
I needed a portable battery charger for Edinburgh festival as I was out watching shows all day and constantly using my phone for schedules, emails and the Edinburgh fest listings app. This was amazing. my phone battery would die about midday and I would charge it up while watching a show so I could continue using it throughout the day. I have a iphone 4s and it would give about 150% worth or charge when fully charged. If your out and about and don't have access to a wall point this is small but powerful enough to see you through the day.
on 19 January 2016
Nice and small and fits in your pocket. However once it has charged a phone up from say 40% to 100% it has no charge left and so has to be charged up again which takes about 4 hrs. But if you want to charge your phone up once a day it's fine.
So Anker very kindly got in touch with me and discussed the issues. I've gone now for the Astro E1 and it's a superb tool. Four recharges last week and it's still not flashing. Nice handy pocket size too. It's not often you get this kind of customer service these days. A refreshing change Anker!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 October 2015
It fully meets my needs in an attractive practical package. My version of "Welcome guide" in the box falls short of an unambiguous and complete "instruction" book as it is just a series of diagrams telling you what the parts will do but not how to do it. If you need full instructions as to what colours and flashes mean as well as how operate switches, then I recommend going on line for the latest information.

My phone has an 800ma/h battery and so far one charge of the Astro Mini has provided 3 full charges.
on 25 July 2014
This is the first portable charger that I have bought (apart from the horrible battery chargers that were around in 2008!) and I'm really pleased with it. I don't have much to compare it to, but it seems to be useful for multiple charges - if only I could remember my lead as well! It's a great size, I can carry it around in my handbag without being too big. My only other comments would be that it takes a long time to charge back up (but then this makes sense when it can be used for multiple charges) and it gets very hot when charging!
on 27 August 2015
Cannot fault this product - especially at the price. Very well made and even comes with a soft carry pouch. I have been charging it with my mobile phone's USB charger. Seems to work fine. To call it lipstick sized is a bit of a stretch - it is much wider and longer than any lipstick I have ever seen. Still, having seen rival products, its about the size I expected. It charges my phone faster than using a USB cable from my computer. Only current problem is my wife keeps 'borrowing' it. Think I feel another purchase coming on ...
on 4 January 2016
Nice looking item as portable chargers go, I bought one as my father was recently in hospital and it was easier than dragging plug in chargers or taking the phone home to charge. (Defeating the object of having the phone with him to keep in touch when he wanted to outside visiting hours) well it surpassed all expectations and once fully charged it actually gave a full charge to two separate phones before it needed to be charged up again. I was so impressed I bought another to keep in my handbag for my smart phone. 100% recommend