1,205 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little gadget
Was going to go for a the bigger 10000mAh battery but thought I've give this a try first because it looked like a nice size and a good compromise.

Published 14 months ago by Andy

1.0 out of 5 stars Compatability issues Iphone 5 / Blackberry
Bought this a week ago, charged it up and gave it a trial which worked fine. However, second use and my Iphone 5 now won't recognise this as a device and will not charge (light flashes a few times and stops). My Blackberry is also the same.
Ive emailed the company given they advise a 18month warranty period, so will update this review once contact made.
Published 2 months ago by DJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little gadget, 21 July 2013
This review is from: AnkerŪ Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, Nokia Lumia 520, 1020, and most other Phones (Black) (Electronics)

Very happy with my purchase. The battery looks great, it's very small and comes with a nice little bag. As an iphone 5 user I knew I wasn't going to get an adapter included (it would be nice if Anker do in future) but it wasn't an issue, I just use the ridiculously short cable that apple supply with the phone.

Anyway, I charged it up straight away from the mains and did some tests in my first week with the Astro mini. First test was to top up my phone each evening until it was 100% and NOT charge the mini in between topups. I managed to charge it up on 3 consecutive nights from 60% to 100%, 50% to 100% and 53% to 83% before the mini was depleted.

The next test was to let the phone battery go completely flat and see how the mini coped charging it from 0% which I believe is harder to do. It coped well, I got one full 100% charge and then the next evening I charged the phone from 66% to nearly full, I think it was about 88%.

So conclusion is you can get about 3 half charges or about 1.3 full charges on an iPhone 5 with light use of the phone whilst charging. So in my view this fit's the bill perfectly for me for weekends camping or long distance walking where I might need to juice up my phone because I use it a lot as a camera. For the price and small size, this is perfect for my needs.

Nice one Anker! I would definitely purchase your products again.

4.0 out of 5 stars I have a Sony Xperia Z that has a terrible battery life, 30 July 2014
I have a Sony Xperia Z that has a terrible battery life. This little gadget has saved my bacon already on a few occasions. It will do one nearly full charge or two smaller ones. If the batter is completely flat it will charge it to about 90%. Great for peace of mind when out and about. It's small so fits easily into a bag or pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feedback on astro mini and Ankers customer support, 17 Nov 2013
Item was excellently packaged and presentation was definetely 10/10. I charged it up out the box until it was at max capacity. It takes 4hrs 5 mins to charge the Anker powerpack up. Takes just over 2 hrs to charge my iPhone 4S fully and then there's enough left for another partial charge around 30-40%.
Its a perfect size to keep in a rucksack for an emergency which was why i purchased it as i ride a motorbike and so have no means to charge my phone or action cam while i'm out. The quality of the supplied USB-to-microUSB cable and adaptor for iPhones(3gs, 4, 4S etc) is top notch, and although there's no led indicator to let you know how much charge is left in it, as long as i charge it up before i leave then there was plenty for the day ahead. Build quality too was 10/10.

EDITED
I edited the rest of my original review because with subsequent uses i found i was getting less and less charge on the second topup. Sadly it seemed i had a faulty one as the second charge that originally gave me 38%, then dropped to 15% and 8% etc each time round i used it. Looked like the powerpack wasn't holding charge.
I emailed Anker about the problem, and the customer support i got was fantastic. They really do aim to give their customers a 5 star service! It was all sorted out within a few days and i was left with nothing but praise for them afterwards. Nowadays aftersales support is as important as the product itself, and Anker really do excel in both.

1.0 out of 5 stars Compatability issues Iphone 5 / Blackberry, 14 July 2014
DJ (Birmingham, England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome gadget, 17 Jun 2014
Marius Ciocanel (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I use it to extend the battery life of my GoPro when I'm recording talks at events.
It works brilliantly.
It's light enough that I can cary it with me in my pocket and provides the needed emergency power at the push of a button.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Anker product, 30 July 2014
Great build quality as all Anker products seem to be and really helped with an iPhone that kept switching off on the go. Have used it with an iPhone 5 and blackberry and both seem fine.
Really good price as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 8 Sep 2014
almagpie (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Very pleased. Especially at the new price. This is a very well made product and it worked perfectly. I use my HTC One as a music player and GPS tracker on long bike rides and this keeps the phone topped up.

I ran the battery down to 65% then plugged in the Anker and it topped up my phone back to 100% in about 2 hours while still using music player and GPS.

Well made and packaged beautifully, it would make a great gift.

Charges via the Micro-USB port (same as all non-Apple phones these days) and has a full USB-A port for output (same as all computers and mains chargers). If you have an iPhone you'll just need the supplied Micro-USB cable to charge the Anker, then use your Apple cable to charge your phone. It also appears clever enough to stop charging when the phone is full, so it lasts longer. Altogether a great product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect...... but does the job, 28 Aug 2014
Great little device. Charges my Samsung S3 very quickly and my Samsung table. The only downside is that it doesn't indicate when it running low and needs recharging so you won't know until your going to charge something - then you realise that it's dead :-). An indicator would be useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deceptively powerful, stylish and portable charger!, 11 Sep 2014
Alex A.C.M (Chelmsford, Essex) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Bought the blue one of these as I wanted a new emergency charger for when I go to gigs in London (as I do like to take pictures for my social media accounts and the like).

I was apprehensive at first, because I did think 'It won't be that effective, surely, being such a small model?', especially because I hadn't heard of Anker products before then.

But when I got it out for a test run, to my great surprise it had charged up my Motorola Moto G phone to 100% charge in half an hour!

It's such a cute colour as well, and it fits nicely into my bag but it's not overtly heavy either which is important. I think I'll be getting another one of these pretty soon for my friends, make no mistake!

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly great customer service, 7 Sep 2014
Even if the product comes faulty which is more likely for battery products than you think, this company has great customer service, so would really recommend buying from this company, Anker.

But the actual product is great and does the job nicely, works wonders with my Samsung galaxy s4, and have tried with other phones and it seems to work with all of them.