1,417 Reviews
 (1,059)

4.0 out of 5 stars I have a Sony Xperia Z that has a terrible battery life
I have a Sony Xperia Z that has a terrible battery life. This little gadget has saved my bacon already on a few occasions. It will do one nearly full charge or two smaller ones. If the batter is completely flat it will charge it to about 90%. Great for peace of mind when out and about. It's small so fits easily into a bag or pocket.
Published 2 months ago by gym fan

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but doesn't work as advertised/expected
Published 13 days ago by Suraj

4.0 out of 5 stars I have a Sony Xperia Z that has a terrible battery life, 30 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little gadget, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Anker® Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, Nokia Lumia 520, 1020, and most other Phones (Black) (Electronics)
Was going to go for a the bigger 10000mAh battery but thought I've give this a try first because it looked like a nice size and a good compromise.

Very happy with my purchase. The battery looks great, it's very small and comes with a nice little bag. As an iphone 5 user I knew I wasn't going to get an adapter included (it would be nice if Anker do in future) but it wasn't an issue, I just use the ridiculously short cable that apple supply with the phone.

Anyway, I charged it up straight away from the mains and did some tests in my first week with the Astro mini. First test was to top up my phone each evening until it was 100% and NOT charge the mini in between topups. I managed to charge it up on 3 consecutive nights from 60% to 100%, 50% to 100% and 53% to 83% before the mini was depleted.

The next test was to let the phone battery go completely flat and see how the mini coped charging it from 0% which I believe is harder to do. It coped well, I got one full 100% charge and then the next evening I charged the phone from 66% to nearly full, I think it was about 88%.

So conclusion is you can get about 3 half charges or about 1.3 full charges on an iPhone 5 with light use of the phone whilst charging. So in my view this fit's the bill perfectly for me for weekends camping or long distance walking where I might need to juice up my phone because I use it a lot as a camera. For the price and small size, this is perfect for my needs.

Nice one Anker! I would definitely purchase your products again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect...... but does the job, 28 Aug 2014
Great little device. Charges my Samsung S3 very quickly and my Samsung table. The only downside is that it doesn't indicate when it running low and needs recharging so you won't know until your going to charge something - then you realise that it's dead :-). An indicator would be useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feedback on astro mini and Ankers customer support, 17 Nov 2013
Item was excellently packaged and presentation was definetely 10/10. I charged it up out the box until it was at max capacity. It takes 4hrs 5 mins to charge the Anker powerpack up. Takes just over 2 hrs to charge my iPhone 4S fully and then there's enough left for another partial charge around 30-40%.
Its a perfect size to keep in a rucksack for an emergency which was why i purchased it as i ride a motorbike and so have no means to charge my phone or action cam while i'm out. The quality of the supplied USB-to-microUSB cable and adaptor for iPhones(3gs, 4, 4S etc) is top notch, and although there's no led indicator to let you know how much charge is left in it, as long as i charge it up before i leave then there was plenty for the day ahead. Build quality too was 10/10.

EDITED
I edited the rest of my original review because with subsequent uses i found i was getting less and less charge on the second topup. Sadly it seemed i had a faulty one as the second charge that originally gave me 38%, then dropped to 15% and 8% etc each time round i used it. Looked like the powerpack wasn't holding charge.
I emailed Anker about the problem, and the customer support i got was fantastic. They really do aim to give their customers a 5 star service! It was all sorted out within a few days and i was left with nothing but praise for them afterwards. Nowadays aftersales support is as important as the product itself, and Anker really do excel in both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome gadget, 17 Jun 2014
Marius Ciocanel (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I use it to extend the battery life of my GoPro when I'm recording talks at events.
It works brilliantly.
It's light enough that I can cary it with me in my pocket and provides the needed emergency power at the push of a button.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Anker product, 30 July 2014
Great build quality as all Anker products seem to be and really helped with an iPhone that kept switching off on the go. Have used it with an iPhone 5 and blackberry and both seem fine.
Really good price as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat product, 23 Aug 2014
Charges my iPhone 5s over one and a half times on one cycle. Smooth and neat design, I bought one because my other half bought one and I was so impressed, would definitely buy again or gift for a friend, 10/10

5.0 out of 5 stars Not sure how I ever managed without this, 22 Oct 2014
This product has become my new saviour. I'm not quite sure how I managed on weekends away, long car rides, or bike rides before I bought this little piece of kit. It is a perfect size, complete with a padded carry-mesh and charging cable.

I can charge my iPhone 5 up from completely flat to 100% charge and still have a little bit (Maybe 20/30%) of charge left in case in need that little bit more.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, but doesn't work as advertised/expected, 11 Oct 2014
While this gadget looks great and promises to prop up the ever-decreasing battery life of a smartphone, it simply did not meet expectations. I have a new OnePlus one that charges on a micro-USB connection and I would class myself as a heavy user of a smartphone. So I thought this was going to be the perfect gadget companion for me and my phone. Unfortunately, having tried it regularly over the last couple of weeks, I am disappointed with it. I often use my phone to take a lot of photos, especially if I am travelling. So I was looking for something that would help with a full charge on the go. The description and a number of reviews suggested this might be the product I was looking for. And certainly this was one of the best looking gadgets of its type. Unfortunately, Anker Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact did not meet expectations.

Pros:
It looks great, has a premium feel (I have the gold variant)
Good enough for a quick charge of about 10%

Cons:
If you need a full charge (or even 50%), this product didn't deliver for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Good., 29 July 2014
Has a clear LED light that displays charging progress (ON for charging, OFF for charged)

Can also be pressed and will shine Green if there is a charge left.

Got about two full charges on an iPhone 5 out of it.

Cable included but need to acquire your own USB Wall adaptor if you want to charge via mains.