1,084 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little gadget
Was going to go for a the bigger 10000mAh battery but thought I've give this a try first because it looked like a nice size and a good compromise.

Published 13 months ago by Andy

1.0 out of 5 stars Stopped working.
Stopped working within a few months of buying the product, was great to start with, then it just stopped working which is a shame.
Published 16 days ago by Mehta

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little gadget, 21 July 2013
This review is from: AnkerŪ Astro Mini 3000mAh Ultra-Compact Portable Charger Lipstick-Sized External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, One 2 (M8), MOTO G, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, G2 Mini, G Pro, most other Smartphones (Apple Adapters- 30 pin and Lightning, NOT Included) - Black (Electronics)

Very happy with my purchase. The battery looks great, it's very small and comes with a nice little bag. As an iphone 5 user I knew I wasn't going to get an adapter included (it would be nice if Anker do in future) but it wasn't an issue, I just use the ridiculously short cable that apple supply with the phone.

Anyway, I charged it up straight away from the mains and did some tests in my first week with the Astro mini. First test was to top up my phone each evening until it was 100% and NOT charge the mini in between topups. I managed to charge it up on 3 consecutive nights from 60% to 100%, 50% to 100% and 53% to 83% before the mini was depleted.

The next test was to let the phone battery go completely flat and see how the mini coped charging it from 0% which I believe is harder to do. It coped well, I got one full 100% charge and then the next evening I charged the phone from 66% to nearly full, I think it was about 88%.

So conclusion is you can get about 3 half charges or about 1.3 full charges on an iPhone 5 with light use of the phone whilst charging. So in my view this fit's the bill perfectly for me for weekends camping or long distance walking where I might need to juice up my phone because I use it a lot as a camera. For the price and small size, this is perfect for my needs.

Nice one Anker! I would definitely purchase your products again.

4.0 out of 5 stars I have a Sony Xperia Z that has a terrible battery life, 30 July 2014
I have a Sony Xperia Z that has a terrible battery life. This little gadget has saved my bacon already on a few occasions. It will do one nearly full charge or two smaller ones. If the batter is completely flat it will charge it to about 90%. Great for peace of mind when out and about. It's small so fits easily into a bag or pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feedback on astro mini and Ankers customer support, 17 Nov 2013
Item was excellently packaged and presentation was definetely 10/10. I charged it up out the box until it was at max capacity. It takes 4hrs 5 mins to charge the Anker powerpack up. Takes just over 2 hrs to charge my iPhone 4S fully and then there's enough left for another partial charge around 30-40%.
Its a perfect size to keep in a rucksack for an emergency which was why i purchased it as i ride a motorbike and so have no means to charge my phone or action cam while i'm out. The quality of the supplied USB-to-microUSB cable and adaptor for iPhones(3gs, 4, 4S etc) is top notch, and although there's no led indicator to let you know how much charge is left in it, as long as i charge it up before i leave then there was plenty for the day ahead. Build quality too was 10/10.

EDITED
I edited the rest of my original review because with subsequent uses i found i was getting less and less charge on the second topup. Sadly it seemed i had a faulty one as the second charge that originally gave me 38%, then dropped to 15% and 8% etc each time round i used it. Looked like the powerpack wasn't holding charge.
I emailed Anker about the problem, and the customer support i got was fantastic. They really do aim to give their customers a 5 star service! It was all sorted out within a few days and i was left with nothing but praise for them afterwards. Nowadays aftersales support is as important as the product itself, and Anker really do excel in both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome gadget, 17 Jun 2014
Marius Ciocanel (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
I use it to extend the battery life of my GoPro when I'm recording talks at events.
It works brilliantly.
It's light enough that I can cary it with me in my pocket and provides the needed emergency power at the push of a button.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful for camper van life, 11 Aug 2014
Bought this because I have a camper van and often go away and stay parked up for a few days without being able to charge anything, and wanted something to be able to give my iphone and ipad a boost. Not sure I get the charge some people have but my chargeables are getting a bit old (iphone 4 and ipad3). It seemed to improve with a bit of use too. Best so far - charged the Anker fully, then left it without recharging for 3 days. Then connected it to my iphone and it charged the phone from 25% to 100%. I then immediately connected it to my ipad and it charged that by 10% before it ran out. This was what I need for my use - something that will hold a charge for a few days then give my electricals a decent lift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Anker product, 30 July 2014
Great build quality as all Anker products seem to be and really helped with an iPhone that kept switching off on the go. Have used it with an iPhone 5 and blackberry and both seem fine.
Really good price as well

4.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, Sleek and Efficient, 18 Aug 2014
I am absolutely in love with this product! I must preface this by saying I have yet to fully charge my phone with it, but so far, I love what I'm seeing. It came packaged in a nice little box that includes the instruction manual, USB charging chord and a small mesh carrying case. I plugged it in to charge and it took about two and half hours to fully charge up and so far it works well with my phone.

It is a lot bigger than your average lipstick size but it is still small enough to fit into almost any size purse or bag without any problems. I'm so glad I got the blue colour as it is incredibly electric and looks so good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent! Would highly recommend., 9 Aug 2014
The perfect size. Attractive gadget. I have an i-phone and with constant use the battery soon runs down. I took this mini charger on holiday and it was just brilliant. My phone is my camera, sat nav, restaurant guide etc. When the battery ran low I used my i phone cable to connect to the charger ( the one supplied charges the Anker but doesn't fit my phone) and my phone was useable again. I have a blue and a silver one and they are so good that I am buying more to give to my children. Of course you have to remember to charge the Anker and take the right cable out with you...

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic battery, 7 Aug 2014
This is a brilliant little battery, it comfortably fits in a pocket (even alongside phone for pocket charging) and holds enough charge to bring my galaxy s3 to full from <20% twice on a single charge and it does it really fas, much faster than most wall chargers.

The only downside is that it can take ages to charge itself, but this is more to do with the capacity of the battery itself, rather than a charging problem.

Also: make sure to press the "go" button when plugging your phone in, it won't start charging by itself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good size, reliable and does the job!, 25 July 2014
This is the first portable charger that I have bought (apart from the horrible battery chargers that were around in 2008!) and I'm really pleased with it. I don't have much to compare it to, but it seems to be useful for multiple charges - if only I could remember my lead as well! It's a great size, I can carry it around in my handbag without being too big. My only other comments would be that it takes a long time to charge back up (but then this makes sense when it can be used for multiple charges) and it gets very hot when charging!