1,925 Reviews
 (1,427)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little gadget
Was going to go for a the bigger 10000mAh battery but thought I've give this a try first because it looked like a nice size and a good compromise.

Published 17 months ago by Andy

charges but then completely fails to do anything when connected to a phone. Tried on 3 different iPhones and nothing.
Published 28 days ago by abtd216

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little gadget, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Anker® Astro Mini 3200mAh Ultra-Compact Lipstick-Sized Portable Charger External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 Plus 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Mini, Samsung Galaxy S5 S4 Note, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, PS Vita, Gopro, more Phones and Tablets (Black) (Electronics)

Very happy with my purchase. The battery looks great, it's very small and comes with a nice little bag. As an iphone 5 user I knew I wasn't going to get an adapter included (it would be nice if Anker do in future) but it wasn't an issue, I just use the ridiculously short cable that apple supply with the phone.

Anyway, I charged it up straight away from the mains and did some tests in my first week with the Astro mini. First test was to top up my phone each evening until it was 100% and NOT charge the mini in between topups. I managed to charge it up on 3 consecutive nights from 60% to 100%, 50% to 100% and 53% to 83% before the mini was depleted.

The next test was to let the phone battery go completely flat and see how the mini coped charging it from 0% which I believe is harder to do. It coped well, I got one full 100% charge and then the next evening I charged the phone from 66% to nearly full, I think it was about 88%.

So conclusion is you can get about 3 half charges or about 1.3 full charges on an iPhone 5 with light use of the phone whilst charging. So in my view this fit's the bill perfectly for me for weekends camping or long distance walking where I might need to juice up my phone because I use it a lot as a camera. For the price and small size, this is perfect for my needs.

Nice one Anker! I would definitely purchase your products again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top quality!, 11 Nov 2014
Sam Woodward (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This external battery is reassuringly solid. When Anker say it’s made from quality materials, they clearly mean it!

Please note that when I first plugged a device into it, I thought it wasn’t working. Then I realised that the LED doubles up as an on-off switch which has to be pressed before the green light heralds that your device is charging. I suspect that a good number of the reviews which say they received a faulty item have failed to spot this.

Having USB & MicroUSB sockets is a great feature, as I can top up both my Samsung SmartPhone as well as my iPad. Incidentally, the specs only state that it can charge Samsung mobiles from the S3 onwards but I tried it with an S2 & it charges fine.

This is an affordable, quality product which is great for keeping my SmartPhone topped up. I’m very happy with mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little charger. Absolutely love it., 8 Nov 2014
John Ryan "One man and his Kat" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
If you’re anything like me, you’re on your mobile 24 x 7. Of course, this also means you can’t spend more than a day away from a socket - that is until now.

Here’s why…..

What is it and what does it do
—————————————

This tiny coloured aluminium tube (about the size and shape of a cigarette lighter or a lipstick) is an external battery pack for an iPhone or Android Smartphone. Basically, if you’re out and about (on a long rail journey or away camping or at a rock festival), you can get a quick re-charge, and keep going all night.

What's it like?
------------------
In a word, really cool (OK so that’s two words).

Effectively it’s a tiny aluminium tube, 4 inches long by 1 inch diameter with a little button near the top. Depending on whether your a bloke or a girl, it looks like either an ultra-smart cigarette lighter or an expensive perfume atomiser or lipstick.

Finally, these things are rated in miliamps per hour, and this is rated at 3,200 mAh. What it means is, depending upon your handset, you can charge it from flat to 100% at least once, and maybe a couple of times (see the details below).

What will it charge?
-------------------------

Well, just about anything as far as I can see. This includes

* Apple iPhone 5, 5s and 5c, 6 and 6
* Apple iPhone 3, 3G, 3Gs, 4, 4Gs.
* Apple iPad (both wide pin and lightning connectors).
* Almost any Android tablet.
* Samsung Galaxy Note 3 S4 S3 S2 Note 2

I tested it on an iPad Air (lightning connector), iPad 3rd Generation (wide plug), iPhone 4GS and Google Nexus 5 smartphone.

Does it work?
------------------

Glad to say, yes. it charged my Google Nexus 5 from under 50% charge to 100% within an hour.

For comparison purposes, here's the battery capacity (mAh) of some popular smartphones:-

* Google Nexus 5 - 2,300
* Samsung Galaxy S3 - 2,100
* Samsung Galaxy S4 - 2,600
* Apple iPhone 5 - 1,400
* Apple iPhone 5S - 1,570
* Apple iPhone 4S - 1,432

Be aware though, at 3,200 mAh it won’t perform miracles, but as an emergency charger it’s brilliant!

What's Good about it?
-----------------------------
* Beautiful cool design.
* Perfect size to carry with you all the time
* Tough aluminium - should survive a few knocks
* As a bonus, it even has a tiny little light built in.

What's not so good?
-------------------------

Not a lot really. It's so tiny you can carry it with you without even knowing it, and it will save you from a no power problem.

Disclosure: I was kindly sent this by the manufacturer to give an independent unbiased review. On the positive side, I get to review an awful lot of these mobile batteries, and this one is brilliant.

Conclusion
---------------

Fantastic little charger. Absolutely love it. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost perfect...... but does the job, 28 Aug 2014
Great little device. Charges my Samsung S3 very quickly and my Samsung table. The only downside is that it doesn't indicate when it running low and needs recharging so you won't know until your going to charge something - then you realise that it's dead :-). An indicator would be useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feedback on astro mini and Ankers customer support, 17 Nov 2013
Item was excellently packaged and presentation was definetely 10/10. I charged it up out the box until it was at max capacity. It takes 4hrs 5 mins to charge the Anker powerpack up. Takes just over 2 hrs to charge my iPhone 4S fully and then there's enough left for another partial charge around 30-40%.
Its a perfect size to keep in a rucksack for an emergency which was why i purchased it as i ride a motorbike and so have no means to charge my phone or action cam while i'm out. The quality of the supplied USB-to-microUSB cable and adaptor for iPhones(3gs, 4, 4S etc) is top notch, and although there's no led indicator to let you know how much charge is left in it, as long as i charge it up before i leave then there was plenty for the day ahead. Build quality too was 10/10.

EDITED
I edited the rest of my original review because with subsequent uses i found i was getting less and less charge on the second topup. Sadly it seemed i had a faulty one as the second charge that originally gave me 38%, then dropped to 15% and 8% etc each time round i used it. Looked like the powerpack wasn't holding charge.
I emailed Anker about the problem, and the customer support i got was fantastic. They really do aim to give their customers a 5 star service! It was all sorted out within a few days and i was left with nothing but praise for them afterwards. Nowadays aftersales support is as important as the product itself, and Anker really do excel in both.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mini portable power bank!, 17 Dec 2014
This were provided by Anker to keep in exchange with my honest review.

Have you gone into situation where you in the middle of nowhere and your cellphone battery is low and need to call somebody and call for emergency, well I did and you know the feeling and it is frustrating. But not anymore until this Anker 2nd Gen Astro Mini came in to my life. This mini portable power bank will save my day and yours too! if you get this as your travel companion.

It’s amazing that this portable mini power bank will give your smartphone extra juice to keep going all day.
I have no issue with this power bank and it is easy to use “Hassle free”. It is a great portable charger for everyone and comes with different colors that suits your personality which is cool.

Now i don’t have to worry that my phone will die on me and now the power is on the palm of my hands. The power bank is so little but has enough power to charge my Epson PS-500 fitness watch, my Pebble smart watch and my Samsung S4. This is very reliable, durable and value. One more thing the company has a great customer service which is a very plus when purchasing a product.

To top it all overall I love this product because of portability, reliable, durable and it does the job.
I highly recommend of getting this Astro mini. It is a great and very useful device and will save your day like it saves mine. Great for travel and for daily charger on the go.

I am very satisfied and happy with my new mini charger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great Anker product, 30 July 2014
Great build quality as all Anker products seem to be and really helped with an iPhone that kept switching off on the go. Have used it with an iPhone 5 and blackberry and both seem fine.
Really good price as well

1.0 out of 5 stars charges but then completely fails to do anything when connected ..., 23 Nov 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars You might need a tiny little extra lead to take to work/school, 18 Dec 2014
I purchased two of these for my kids as they can use their mobiles at school and always run out of charge. So far, brilliant, my kids think they are a great little device and delighted with them. It also comes with a 18month guarantee so pretty good! All the reviews I read were very positive. I only have one little gripe. If I can explain this clearly. The device comes with a lead to charge the device. At the end of the portable charger there is two holes. One for a usb hole and one for a small Samsung galaxy hole. My son could use the lead he got with it to charge his Samsung galaxy to the portable charger at school and at home, but my daughter who has an iphone - we had to buy this "White Short 20CM USB Data Sync Charge Cable - Premium Quality - For All Apple Devices iPhone 3GS 4 4S". (for iphone 5 you're going to need another cable!) She had a lead (the one that comes with it will connect to the computer to charge) but that lead is not suitable to connect the portable charger to her phone to charge it at school. The extra lead cost a couple of pounds. I haven't explained very well but basically for a Samsung you're ok but an iphone you need an extra lead unless you have one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Well built, missing charge level indicator, 24 Nov 2014
Its well built, but not particularly intuitive (you have to press the tiny button to start charging). I also wish there was a charge level indicator so you know if you need to recharge it before heading out.