5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little gadget
Was going to go for a the bigger 10000mAh battery but thought I've give this a try first because it looked like a nice size and a good compromise.

Published 11 months ago by Andy

1.0 out of 5 stars This one's a dud!!
Bought this product because I use my phone a lot and it keeps running out of charge. It worked twice and then packed up. Look elsewhere in my opinion!!!!
Published 7 months ago by Paul Quinton

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little gadget, 21 July 2013
This review is from: AnkerŪ Astro Mini 3000mAh Ultra-Compact Portable Charger Lipstick-Sized External Battery Power Bank with PowerIQTM Technology for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, Nexus 4, HTC One, One 2 (M8), MOTO G, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, G2 Mini, G Pro, most other Smartphones (Apple Adapters- 30 pin and Lightning, NOT Included) - Black (Accessory)

Very happy with my purchase. The battery looks great, it's very small and comes with a nice little bag. As an iphone 5 user I knew I wasn't going to get an adapter included (it would be nice if Anker do in future) but it wasn't an issue, I just use the ridiculously short cable that apple supply with the phone.

Anyway, I charged it up straight away from the mains and did some tests in my first week with the Astro mini. First test was to top up my phone each evening until it was 100% and NOT charge the mini in between topups. I managed to charge it up on 3 consecutive nights from 60% to 100%, 50% to 100% and 53% to 83% before the mini was depleted.

The next test was to let the phone battery go completely flat and see how the mini coped charging it from 0% which I believe is harder to do. It coped well, I got one full 100% charge and then the next evening I charged the phone from 66% to nearly full, I think it was about 88%.

So conclusion is you can get about 3 half charges or about 1.3 full charges on an iPhone 5 with light use of the phone whilst charging. So in my view this fit's the bill perfectly for me for weekends camping or long distance walking where I might need to juice up my phone because I use it a lot as a camera. For the price and small size, this is perfect for my needs.

Nice one Anker! I would definitely purchase your products again.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful piece of kit, 1 Jun 2014
This is great to have in your bag in case you need to boost your phone charge whilst out. My only gripe is that you have no idea when the charging unit itself is running out of charge so you can get caught short.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feedback on astro mini and Ankers customer support, 17 Nov 2013
Item was excellently packaged and presentation was definetely 10/10. I charged it up out the box until it was at max capacity. It takes 4hrs 5 mins to charge the Anker powerpack up. Takes just over 2 hrs to charge my iPhone 4S fully and then there's enough left for another partial charge around 30-40%.
Its a perfect size to keep in a rucksack for an emergency which was why i purchased it as i ride a motorbike and so have no means to charge my phone or action cam while i'm out. The quality of the supplied USB-to-microUSB cable and adaptor for iPhones(3gs, 4, 4S etc) is top notch, and although there's no led indicator to let you know how much charge is left in it, as long as i charge it up before i leave then there was plenty for the day ahead. Build quality too was 10/10.

EDITED
I edited the rest of my original review because with subsequent uses i found i was getting less and less charge on the second topup. Sadly it seemed i had a faulty one as the second charge that originally gave me 38%, then dropped to 15% and 8% etc each time round i used it. Looked like the powerpack wasn't holding charge.
I emailed Anker about the problem, and the customer support i got was fantastic. They really do aim to give their customers a 5 star service! It was all sorted out within a few days and i was left with nothing but praise for them afterwards. Nowadays aftersales support is as important as the product itself, and Anker really do excel in both.

5.0 out of 5 stars doing well so far, 27 Mar 2014
get a full charge for my samsung mini and blackberry. Doesn't charge my ipad which is diappointing unless I'm doing something wrong

5.0 out of 5 stars Versatile back up, 27 Mar 2014
Great product does what it says on the tin. I bought it for my Daughters iPhone but I have also used it for my Kindle when the battery ran out whilst I was on the tube.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Backup, 29 Mar 2014
T. Smith (In front of this computer) - See all my reviews
Length:: 4:04 Mins

This is another quality product from Anker. It has sufficient battery power to charge my Moto G smartphone, and enough to keep my tablet going in the worst case. It feels like a high quality product, it is well built and can take the battering of being in my bag. Overall really useful, and a very good price.

This product was given to me in exchange for my honest feedback.

5.0 out of 5 stars Anker portable charger, 27 Mar 2014
Brilliant item, and bought 3 for presents for girlfriends...shall certainly buy more as birthday gifts.
Very Handy size for handbag.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 8 April 2014
Actually I ordered silver Anker but I got the blue one... It works good with iPhone and fully charges it but it do not fully charge the Nexus 5

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and great value, 29 Nov 2013
Highly recommended. Effective and ultra convenient. Fits in a pocket or bag with ease. No fuss and perfect security when you're travelling.

1.0 out of 5 stars This one's a dud!!, 27 Nov 2013