on 11 November 2011
I've only given this 3 stars because of a major design flaw in an otherwise very good product. The bottom of the square directional button rests against the case which is higher than the button so I can't actually press the down button. Not a problem when reading books as I use the side buttons, but when I try to select a new book I have to either slide the kindle up to access the button or use my fingernail.
22 comments11 of 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2011
Such a great case at just a fraction of the proper kindle covers! its fits the kindle perfectly and keeps it well protected. the only thing i would say is that if you have larger hands you may struggle to use the down arrown. Wasnt problem for me just something to point out. The case still keeps the case just as light and still fits fin in my pocket which is GREAT.

This case does everything you would expect - it protects the K4 body and the screen well and also manages to look pretty good. I chose the 'multi slots' version, as I thought the slots might be more use than the more open flap on the alternative. It's nicely made with neat, regular stitching and is an attractive colour. The positioning of the closure strap seems anti-intuitive, but in fact is a good design detail as the strap cannot intrude on to the reading screen when used in book format. (And I really like the fact that it has a strap: much as the 'official' kindle covers appeal, if not their price, I wonder how much protection can be given by a cover that can open so easily.) The cutouts for controls are very user friendly except for the down click on the 5 way, which is a little awkward - I suppose that part needs to be cut slightly differently. The weight of Kindle with case is 299gms.

NB the header says it's a 'leather' case. In fact it's 'bycast' leather, a thin layer of leather with polyurethane as my pre-order enquiry made clear. Not 100% leather. I still bought it knowing that but I think the listing should make that clear: nonetheless, a really good buy.

PS 6/12/11. Good to see that the header has been corrected!
on 9 November 2011
Having purchased on Amazon (and returned) a tacky-looking leather cover for my new birthday-gift Kindle, I was a little hesitant at ordering another online without getting the chance to view it in person. This product, however, is exactly what I was looking for!

It's really smart, very good quality, looks great, and is a nice tasteful shade of quality brown leather. It's a VERY good value item, and I'd have paid double its cost for the same product. It was posted promptly, very well packaged, and I'm exceedingly happy with the product (can you tell?)!
22 comments5 of 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 October 2011
I have just received my new purple kindle case, It fits my kindle perfectly, looks good and feels nice to hold, compliments my kindle very well
on 3 January 2013
TeckNet® NEW Kindle 4 Premium Folio Case / Cover With Magnetic Clasp For NEW Amazon Kindle 4 / 6 inch / 2011 generation / Book Style - Includes Kindle Rear Protector - Brown

I received a Kindle (4/6"/2011) for Christmas and needed some way of protecting it. This case is a brilliant deal, with high quality features. The leather-like case fits the product perfectly and has suitable access to all of the functional buttons and micro USB port. A securing tab is included to make sure the Kindle does not move from the case. This is held in place by a Velcro strip. There is also a small sleeve inside the case for holding any notes you may want to make.
There is a magnetic clasp that holds the case firmly closed and is unlikely to come undone. The case itself is well padded and I think it would sustain some small impacts, if the product was dropped. The stitching is of good quality as well, so the case should last you a long time.
The engraved logos are relatively discreet, for those of you worried about there being a huge logo which could spoil the appearance.

Overall I would definitely suggest this product to a friend and at that price it is good value for money compared to some of the 'official' cases costing up to £40.
on 4 February 2012
Purchased this for my daughter, beautiful case in the lovely baby blue as pictured. Lovely quality and very good value. The only reason I have given it 4 stars instead of 5 is because I think it is a 'girls only' case because once the kindle is inside, I think a guy would have a hard time accessing the down button unless he has fingernails. Apart from that, very very pleased with it.
on 17 November 2011
I purchased the new Kindle from the US (I refused to pay the UK price) and have been looking for a reasonably priced case for it (again I refused to pay UK Kindle prices). This case came up in my search results and I have to say it is great for the price. The Kindle fits in side perfectly, it is not too bulky and the front flap folds back with ease and stays there.
on 17 November 2011
wonderful value fits kindle really well bought 2 one for a friend who thinks it is great too really happy with purchase
on 31 October 2011
this little case is my best buy this year (that is after my kindle) it fits perfectly in to my hand bag and the colours are ontrend. TeckNet NEW Kindle Leather Case / Cover With Magnetic Clasp for NEW Amazon Kindle / 6 inch / 2011 generation / Book Style - Purple