1,480 Reviews
 (1,257)

5.0 out of 5 stars First class
Published on 21 Oct 2011 by A. Renshaw

3.0 out of 5 stars Value for money but...
Published on 26 Oct 2011 by CY

5.0 out of 5 stars First class, 21 Oct 2011
The new Kindle being so thin and light, I was dubious about encasing it in a leather cover. My concern was unwarranted, because once you have the device in the cover the right way up (I got it ...! over ...! at first) it fits beautifully, hardly adds anything to the weight in your hand and is remarkably comforatble to hold. The cover is really well made from excellent materials and is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat case at a good price, 25 Oct 2011
DJ (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This was one of only a few cases actually available to buy when I bought my new 6 inch Kindle. The Amazon brand ones are all still pre-order, which is quite frustrating. I wasn't sure if I even wanted a case, as all the ones on offer look quite bulky and one of the key things with the Kindle is how slim and light it is! But I don't want the thing getting scratched so thought I'd give it a go with a case. This was by far the cheapest on Amazon specifically designed for the 6 inch Kindle - I assume because it's not made of real leather but a synthetic leatherette. Still, I was pleasantly surprised by the quality and look of this cover. It's a good rich purple (the photograph is very true to the colour), all stitching and edging well finished and the Kindle itself fits perfectly inside the pocket.

My only criticism would be that the tab at the top which holds the Kindle in place with a bit of velcro is quite large and bulks out the cover a bit. A very minor quibble though, and I think all these cases have that problem.

Overall, highly recommended if you're looking for a stylish and cheap holder for your new Kindle!

5.0 out of 5 stars TeckNet NEW Kindle Leather Case / Cover With Magnetic Clasp for NEW Amazon Kindle / 6 inch / 2011 generation / Book Style, 1 Nov 2011
Length:: 4:17 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little cover!, 22 Oct 2011
I ordered the TeckNet Kindle Leather Case for the new keyboardless kindle and am highly delighted with the product. I have purchased covers from TeckNet before (covers for iPad) and have been impressed with the quality for the price.

The kindle fits snugly into the case and there is a inner secure flap that velcros and keeps it in place. There is also a magnetic clasp on the outside to keep it closed when not in use. This takes a minute or two to understand as the flap opens from the back. This is so it doesn't get in the way while reading. You can also fold it over for ease of one hand holding. The kindle can be recharged with the cover on as the openings are not covered. The whole thing is well stitched together and the purple is a great colour.

Only one slight niggle and that is the bottom part of the 5 way control is very close to the edge of the cover. This means if you've got fat fingers it is a bit harder to negotiate. It's a minor niggle though :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value for money, 28 Oct 2011
This item (in purple) is really good value for money, looks good and does exactly what it is supposed to - to protect my kindle - & does it well, with padding etc (but not too much so my kindle keeps its slimline!! Thanks & I definitely recommend this. Feels like it will wear well too, but have only had 2 days so far...

5.0 out of 5 stars Real leather for this price ................Bargain, 28 Oct 2011
Ms. M. Henderson "mirhen" (South West England) - See all my reviews
Looking for a kindle cover I did not immediately find this one on the accessories page but when I saw it I thought 'It must be a mistake you cant get a kindle cover for so little and not in leather' but yes you can !!!
Its a little bit heavier than I thought because it is robust and will definately protect your Kindle. It fully encloses the Kindle but has gaps for the on/off, page turning buttons etc. Looking at some of the other leather versions which are very pricey this is indeed worth the money and I think holds the Kindle more safely than some of the cases with only four little elastic tags at the corners.
I needed it to be able to carry my Kindle around in my handbag without it getting scratched and this does the trick. Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnndddddddddd it came in one of my favourite colours - PURPLE !!!!!!!!! Excellent work Tecknet ........Thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars Value for money but..., 26 Oct 2011
I've just received my new purple leather case from TeckNet and was really excited about it initially. The delivery was on time and it was nicely packaged. The case is exactly as what was described by Tecknet. The leather feels really nice and soft and the Kindle fits perfectly into the case. There's even a velcro clasp on top to prevent the Kindle from accidentally sliding out of the case. I like the little pocket on the side too. It helps keep the train tickets handy. It is definitely value for money. I'm not crazy about the Tecknet sticking their name on the front cover and on the clasp but for £7.99 I can live with that.

However, after using it for a few days, I found a few little things that annoyed me.
1) The magnetic clasp needs proper alignment for the clasp to work so if I'm in a rush getting out of the train and I just stick it in my bag, the flap is still unsecured allowing things from inside the bag, like keys, to wiggle into the case and possibly scratch the screen.
2) The bottom part of the case runs just under the scroll button and it hinders the pressing of the "down" button. It takes long nails and determination to press "down" especially when I've password protected my Kindle. The leather made it a real pain to type anything.
3) The edges (most vulnerable in case of an accidental drop) are not protected by the leather.

Because I had the new Kindle for the better part of 2 weeks before the case arrived, I was used to it being really slim and light. The Kindle fits neatly into the side pocket of my bag really well. But with the case, it made the Kindle really bulky and chunky. Also, the weight of the case is almost the same as the Kindle. With the case, it feels like carrying 2 kindles bundled together. I bought the Kindle for its size and its weight so I'll probably be looking for a sleeve case instead of this book-like case. If all of the above doesn't bother you, then I think it's a great product for less than 10 quid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect case: lightweight and comfortable!!, 24 Oct 2011
At first I was feeling a bit reluctant about getting this case for my new Kindle, because I saw all the other stunning cases that were £30+. I was only planning on using this case temporarily, until I could get the more artistic and detailed ones. However, once I slipped my Kindle into it, I knew that the case was perfect.

It's simple and elegant, and the colour is nice and vibrant - but not too showy. The kindle fits in perfectly and all buttons are easy to access. The case is very sturdy, so I know my kindle won't easily be damanged and there's even a little pocket inside to store bits of paper in etc. I love the whole case in general, and find it's so much easier to use my kindle in the case than out of it (I feel like the kindle is vulnerable to damage if it's not in a case).

The opening, in my opinion, is a little awkward as I'm used to the flap/button part on the right side. However, this is only a small issue and doesn't cause any problems :) I'm getting used to it already.

Overall, great case, exceeded my expectations and definitely worth the price!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Major flaw, 11 Nov 2011
S. Haskins - See all my reviews
This review is from: TeckNet® NEW Kindle 4 Premium Folio Case / Cover With Magnetic Clasp For NEW Amazon Kindle 4 / 6 inch / 2011 generation / Book Style - Includes Kindle Rear Protector - Brown (Electronics)
I've only given this 3 stars because of a major design flaw in an otherwise very good product. The bottom of the square directional button rests against the case which is higher than the button so I can't actually press the down button. Not a problem when reading books as I use the side buttons, but when I try to select a new book I have to either slide the kindle up to access the button or use my fingernail.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed, 28 Oct 2011
I shop online a lot and the service from TeckNet was amongst the best I have received. My new Kindle case arrived when promised, was well packaged to prevent accidental damage, and was exactly as described. As far as the case is concerned, it represents excellent value for money. It is the perfect size for my new Kindle and the 4 corner straps hold it securely in place. Most importantly have no concerns about my Kindle being damaged whilst in my bag or whilst I am carrying it around. Happy to recommend both the produce and the service from Tecknet without hesitation.