5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!!!!!
i have gone through so many hoovers over the years and i must say this is the best one i have ever had!!!i was a bit scared when the box came and i opened it and saw all the bits but i shouldnt have worried as i had it all put together within 10 minutes and was hoovering!!!
Published on 6 Jun 2012 by tia1803

2.0 out of 5 stars Not very easy to use but it does suck
I didn't realise how many design decisions there must be when designing a vaccuum but after years of using Dysons, and then trying this, I see how many good decisions Dyson makes..

Took me a while to work out how to turn it on - tiny curved switch near the bottom of the cylinder obviously meant to be operated by foot, but not particularly easy to switch...
Published 14 months ago by rangler2

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!!!!!, 6 Jun 2012
This review is from: Vax U89-P9-T Power 9 Total Home Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
i have carpet and laminated in my home and this works wonders on both...also have a cat and wow does this machine move the cat hairs!
i have tried many pet hoovers and have been impressed on the initial uses but them found i had to redo the pet areas but the vax does it in one go!!
i actually find hoovering a pleasure to do with the vax as you can really see a difference and my carpets look like new..i was worried about the weight of it though but again had no need to worry as the long hose reachs all the way to the top of the stairs!
it has many attachments which are very handy and i have managed to hoover the skirting boards instead of wiping them with a cloth and the dirt it removed was brilliant..i would highly recommend this vax to anyone of any age...you will not be dissappointed with it!

5.0 out of 5 stars VAX POWER 9 TOTAL HOME, 2 Jun 2012
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I HAVE OWNED AN UPRIGHT MACHINE.WHEN THE BOX ARRIVED AND I LOOKED INSIDE I THOUGHT OH NO I HAVE TO ASSEMBLE THIS. AFTER READING THE INSTRUCTIONS I HAD THE MACHINE UP AND RUNNING IN ABOUT 10 MINUTES.
IT HAS AN AMAZING 10M CORD LENGTH ,, 4.2M FLEXIBLE HOSE ,, AND HOLDS AN AMAZING 4.5L
I HAVE USED THE CLEANER ON MY LAMINATE FLOORING WITH NO PROBLEMS AT ALL , THE CYCLONIC SUCTION IS AWESOME ON THE CARPETS
AND THEY LOOK LIKE THEY HAVE A NEW LEASE OF LIFE.

I WOULD RECOMMEND THE POWER 9 TOTAL HOME TO ALL MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great suction - 5 stars!, 11 May 2012
The 1st time I used the Vax Power 9 Total Home Bagless vacuum cleaner was right after I had just used my rather expensive, top-of-the range cleaner....

To my astonishment, the Vax Total Home found lots of black fluff and dust that my other vacuum had missed!! And the evidence was clear to see as it swirled around in the clear dust container on the machine.

There is something very satisfying about SEEING the dirt you have removed from your carpets!!

I found the vacuum cleaner easy to put together by myself, with no input from anyone more DIY inclined than me....although when you take the parts out of the box, it does like a wee bit daunting but in actual fact, there are just 3 screws to put in and then you are up and running....fast and easy to set up and you be cleaning within 5 or 10 minutes of getting it home!

I love the fact that the suction is just as good when I connect the tools to use on the stairs - that is an area that I always found tricky to get looking really clean, but not now!

5.0 out of 5 stars Power 9 Total Home vacuum cleaner, 21 May 2012
.Vax U89-P9-T Power 9 Total Home Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner

The vacuum comes in a small box once unpacked and three screws later you have a big machine, big as in Powerful.

With 3 settings it is easily changed by turning the dial when going from a carpeted room to a hard floor. Lots of tools for different jobs around the house which are easily attached to the hose. The flexible crevice tool is my favourite, I have never had one of these with the many vacuums I have had over the years and find it brilliant for the getting down the sides of the sofa.

The long hose reached easily to the top of stairs so I didn't have to unplug and do the top half from the top of the stairs like I had to with my old vacuum.

The canister was easy to empty and easily put back in place.

All in all an excellent vacuum cleaner which I would recommend to anyone the only thing I can say against it is that it is a bit loud but then again anything powerful is

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Powerful!!, 20 May 2012
Arriving in a compact box, it is easy to carry or store until you're ready to "build" it! I am useless at building anything, but the instructions were really clear and the only technical bit was a screwdriver being required to tighten a couple of screws to secure the handle!

The vax has 3 settings so you can hoover deep pile, short pile or hard floor surfaces, the deep pile setting makes it a little harder to push but the effect on a the deep pile carpet is amazing! It literally looks like a new carpet and I was actually rather horrified how much dirt it did suck up!! Switching the settings is really easy and one twist of the dial later and I was vacuuming the laminate floor without fear of scuffing it!

The attachments are fantastic, and easily attached and stored. They really help you to clean in those hard to get to places I have found cleaning around the car seats or down the sides of the sofa so easy!

It is easy to empty the cylinder, and it reattaches simply to! It is quite a loud vacuum cleaner which is the only slightly negative thing I can say about it! Overall I think it is exceptional, not a single dog hair could be seen after using it - we have a large black lab and very pale carpets...normally a terrible combination but not anymore! Would totally 100% recommend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend highly, 17 May 2012
Quick to put together. Easy to use. Very efficient and powerful suction. Good selection of additional tools included. Very long power lead. I have owned many vacuum cleaners over the years and in my opinion, this has the best suction of any machine I have tried. Ideal for pet owners, both long and short hairs are quickly picked up by this machine, both when using it normally and also when using with the included tools - so great results on stairs. This machine has a lovely long flex, so i was able to hoover from top to bottom of the stairs without having the hassle of unplugging and plugging in again. I found this machine quick and easy to put together and was up and running with it in about 5 minutes. I also found the extra tools which were included, easy to connect.Having a very painful condition i found the weight of this hoover easier to push around then any other hoover that i have used in the past.I am not really able to say anything negative about this hoover and would highly recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vax Power 9 Total Home Bagless vacuum cleaner, 15 May 2012
I took delivery of my Vax Power 9 Total Home Bagless vacuum cleaner about a week ago and wish i had got one earlier.
Open the box and pieces go together very easily and is fixed with only 3 screws, i didn't even need the easy to follow instructions
10 minutes and i was cleaning, and a great job it did, its light and very powerful, has a very large capacity cylinder and has 4.2 meters of cable so can reach nearly all of my ground floor area without having to unplug and replug and the hose easily reaches the top of my stairs.
It comes with all the tools you could ever need including a very useful crevice tool(ideal for getting down armchairs sofa's ect) and my favorite, a turbo tool, a rotating brush for use with the hose(very clever)
Excellent cleaning power which not only you will notice but gives results that even family and friends notice
All in all the best vacuum for the money that i have owned and would recommend it to anyone :thumbs up smiley:

5.0 out of 5 stars First class hoover!! Super value, 11 May 2012
This is, without a doubt, the most powerful hoover I have ever had the pleasure of owning!!

The hoover came in a small box and I panicked a little at the thought of erecting it, but I neednt have worried. Three little screws, really simple instructions and away you go. Took me about 5 minutes.

I have 4 children, 3 pets and lots of messy carpets!! I am also a bit obsessed with cleanliness. So, I upgraded my hoover and was astounded at the amount of fluff/hair/dust that came off my carpets (that I thought were relatively clean). The extra long cord means I dont have to keep plugging in from room to room, cleaning the stairs is a breeze as the hose actually stretches from the bottom to the top. So there is no need to lug the hoover up the stairs, big bonus for me.

The hoover has all the gadgets you will ever need. Extra powerful little attachment especially for any areas require a bit more voom. My particular favourite is the one ideal for crevices (like in the car where you cant get a hose in between seats grrr!) problem solved.

Without doubt, if you need a hoover that is powerful, looks impressive, breathes new life into old carpets, affordable and easy to use then this is for you. 1000% would recommend this hoover :)

1.0 out of 5 stars heavy, noisey, awkward, worst cleaner ever, 30 May 2013
I have had this cleaner for 9 months and felt i must share my experience. Heavy, dreadful high pitched noise, this has got to be one of the worst cleaners i have ever had.

First couple of uses i thought performance was excellent and putting aside the awkward build & weight and noise thought it wasn't bad for the price. But then it stopped picking up as well
then i realised if i wanted good pick-up i had to empty container and strip all the filters and pull PET hair out, i thought being a PET CLEANER that it would have been able to cope with PET HAIR, but sadly no. The washable filter needs washed every couple of uses too.
Sick and tired of it i took it to the council tip, went out and bought a dyson, which i should have done in the first place, (had one prev) it was the good reviews that i read on here about the PET vac 9 that made me buy it instead.

Cheaper than a dyson, yes. As good as a dyson NO.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ahhhhhhh, 17 May 2013
Worst ever never picked up a bit of dust from day one, noisy and not very good quality at all. Sent it back