4.0 out of 5 stars Suprising Vax Power 8

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Rubbish
Published 6 months ago by paulcurtley

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprising Vax Power 8, 4 Dec 2011
This review is from: Vax U89-P8-B Power 8 Bagless Upright Vacuum Cleaner (Kitchen & Home)
It was a nice surprise to find a vac that was fairly easy to put together,has plenty of power,good to look at(it's not garish like some) just quietly coloured,nicely toned grey.It's a hoover after all you want it to do the job and then sit quietly away,which it does,whether you're cleaning the dog hair off the stairs with the turbo or cleaning the spill from the parrots.
A great sight glass above the brush-bar,never seen it on any other cleaner and a good functional idea,why hadn't anyone thought of that before!As you don.t need to haul it upside down to see the condition of the brushes OR whether it's got carpet fibres/debris stuck in it.

Had only one glitch when building The P8, solved when I looked at the box;I didn't know where or how to fit the turbo tool caddy!)Built and running with one posidrive screwdriver in 18 minutes.
You are tempted to lift the machine with the turbo caddy which then pulls off but then after all it's not the handle.The hose could do with being less rigid as it can pull over the Vax as your using the tools,this may ease as the hose becomes less rigid with use.
Overall a good machine.Nicely put together,with a TWO YEAR GUARANTEE and a surprising amount of power.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vax power 8 vacuum, 22 Dec 2011
John Marshall "JJ" (GLASGOW) - See all my reviews
I recieved my Vax a week ago now,and must admit ,its fantastic and very easy to use. I have had no problems with moving the hoover over varied surfaces.Its very light and compact.
It comes with a good selection of tools to make the hoovering experience more efficient. There is a rotating brush that spins while the hoover is in use,this is especially usefull for smaller areas of your home. Its also fantastic for down the sofa or chairs.I found it cleaned these areas without difficulty.
It has the following features,2200 watts and 300 air watts - powerful bagless suction Single cyclonic technology - easy to clean and maintain
Large 4 litre capacity - for less frequent emptying
Extra long 10 metre cord - clean more rooms without stopping
HEPA filtration - reduces allergens.

The specification for the Vax are as follows,
Wattage:2200W
Capacity:4.00 litres
Cable:10.00 metres
Filters:HEPA Hose:3.20 metres
Height Adjust:Yes
Weight:7.65 kilograms
Guarantee:2 year guarantee
Other tools included:Crevice tool, dusting brush and 2 piece extension tube
The cost of the hoover is not expensive at all, i found it ranged from 111.00 to 149.99. The cost is relatively inexpensive compared to some machines,that quite frankly ,dont do half as good a job as this vacuum does.

I would have no problem recommending this hoover to family and friends, its the easiest hoover to use i have found,and i have had quite a few hoovers over the years.

4.0 out of 5 stars upright vacuum cleaner vax U89-P8-B, 27 Nov 2012
I purchased this machine to replace my cylinder Miele cat & dog and because I was fed up assembling the cylinder
every time I needed a quick clean up.
Firstly this is quite a heavy machine and is a bit on the noisy side however it does the job well and really showed that
the cylinder had not been functioning well at all.
Considering the reasonable price I paid for it,I am well satisfied with my purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter Rubbish, 14 Feb 2014
What a frustratingly poor vacuum cleaner. I bought this machine to replace my previous Vax, which I had been using for several years, but had grown tired an old and in need of replacing. I bought this machine because it offered multi floor settings, we have both carpet and hard wood flooring, and as it is supposed to be good for pet hair it would good at sucking up general household detritus.
However, it is utter rubbish, I do not believe its claims on power, my old vax was only 1800 watts, but coped considerably better at vacuuming up even the most feeble of mess, this version struggles even with such light items as small bits of tissue or even hair.
And woe betide anyone who might want to use the attachments for the stairs, as what little suction the tube generates is complete lost through the poorly designed nozzles and hoses.
I feel complete duped by the marketing and spurious claims of this machine, I will not make the mistake of purchasing a Vax product again, and I intend to post this review on all sites I see advertising this product for sell so to stop anyone else parting with their hard earned cash on an awful product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad buy., 21 Nov 2012
The first time I used this hoover I found it quite frightening.
It's the loudest hoover I have ever used.
It does the job it's ment to, suction is good and the cable length is also very generous but my goodness it's loud!
I wouldn't recommend this hoover to anyone with easily frightened children/pets or anyone who likes to vacuum during the night. Your neighbours would freak out!
A powerfull hoover for the price and ideal for use in remote rural areas.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vacuum cleaner, 17 May 2013
Arrived before expected delivery date and was straight forward to assemble. Very good at its job, great suction easy to manover etc, not too heavy, easy to empty and to clean the filters. Havent used it on the stairs yet but dont see any problems just must be carefull not to let it topple over. Highly recommed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vax cleaner, 7 April 2013
I have been very pleased with the performance of this cleaner.It is easy to assemble and light to use.The extra long cord is a bonus as is the 2 year warranty.

4.0 out of 5 stars vacumn cleaner, 15 Mar 2013
good value for this type of cleaner a great price can always purchase spare parts for this cleaner or similar

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a dream!, 1 Mar 2013
Love my new Vax. I can see now how bad my old vacuum was. Ingrained dust and dirt on my carpets previously are now gone. Picks up everything. Fantastic suction.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vax U89 - great vacuum cleaner, 3 Dec 2012
Great vacuum cleaner. Easy to use,powerful, if a little heavy and possible some people would say noisy.Had it 4 weeks now and emptied it once. I choose a 'used' machine. It was in original packing, un-used and only knew it had been unpacked as 2 parts had been put together. Excellent value!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›