Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Original Packaging|Change
Price:£4.22+ Free shipping (Addon item)

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 30 January 2013
My previous crampons having given up the ghost at last I was in the market for their replacements and I found these. They are designed rather differently to the ones I am accustomed to as they cover more of the shoe and seemed more substantially built. I decided to take a chance and go with them. I have not been given cause to regret this decision.

They are constructed from a sturdy rubber derivative with the grips built into the rubber soles rather than the more usual chain linked studs. This seems to help the grip and also makes them more comfortable when off the ice and perhaps may reduce water ingress to the shoes themselves. The Large size that I purchased are a good tight fit on my size 9 walking boots. Indeed, as the fit is a tight one I found it easier to do so before putting the boots themselves on my feet. I have uploaded a photo to show how they fit.

In use they are comfortable to wear, give a good grip, and seem well secured to the boot. There is a fair amount of tension on the rubber and so it is possible that this may fail at some point but no signs of this yet.

I would be happy to recommend these overshoe type crampons.

The Good
Strong build quality
Excellent grip
Good fit
Inexpensive

The Bad
Can be difficult to fit
Bulkier to store than some rivals
review image
on 19 January 2013
These are the bee's knees and the dog's proverbials. Bought the Large size ones to go over my size 9 walking boots. Wow! No slipping or sliding in the snow and whats more I didnt take them off when I walked around the tiled floor of the supermarket wet from all the snow/ice we are having at the moment. Caution, they will slip on the supermarket tiled floor unless you walk at 0.00000000001mph(!) In reality just take them off at the door and take a small carrier bag to put them in while you do your shopping. Do check sizes before you buy. Also the spike/grips on the heel on the picture wont obviously cover the whole heel only half of the heel (the half closest to your toes).

Big thank you to the seller for getting them to me within days and just before the really bad weather which started on 18th Jan 2013!
on 19 March 2013
My father in law fell on the ice as he was going to put something in the outside bin and sustained an open fracture which almost resulted in amputation. As a previously independent chap he lost his confidence in winter and wouldn't venture outside. I bought these for him ( he smokes outside the house too) and he said they were the best thing I ever got him,
he can quickly shove them over his shoes or slippers in seconds
Brilliant especially for elderly people when its icy outside
Think I should have bought a medium size, maybe the seller can clarify the foot sizes
on 7 February 2015
I bought these for a trip to Norway and the Arctic Circle. I'd already bought some snow boots but thought that walking on ice might need more - and this turned out to be true. In really icy conditions even snow boots don't grip well enough, but these babies were fantastic - you could walk on sheet ice with confidence. They have little triangular points of metal that dig into the ice and don't slip.

I take size 8 shoes and the large size was a tight fit. My wife takes size 6 and she got the medium size which was also a tight fit. So I would err on the large size when choosing the fit, although they clearly do need to fit tightly so they don't come off. Note that we were wearing them over boots and not ordinary shoes. Some reviewers have talked about them coming off in rough terrain - in my opinion they aren't designed for this kind of use, just reasonably flat surfaces.

The one negative is that the rubber on one of mine grippers began to split slightly, and this was after just half a dozen wearings. Even so, for the money they are still good value even though they may not last too long.
on 31 January 2015
My wife has used these and rates them highly. Not had a chance to try out my pair yet but they appear to be robust and are an excellent fit. I take size 9 and wanted these for my steel toed shoes and my walking boots - tried them on both and the fit is good and should not come off. A little difficult to stretch over the boots because the rubber is quite solid, which is quite reassuring. The steel crips are solid and are actually part of a steel plate / bar, so they cannot drop off (unlike a stud) - there are three of these plates - two under their ball of the foot and one under the heel. I would not wear these on slippery surfaces or on a wooden floor such as you may find in shops - there would not be any grip and would damage the surface. This said, they are very easily removed using the tab at the heel. I love them and carry them everywhere hoping for snow and ice!
on 9 January 2015
size 9-12, well maybe 7-9, they really are about 25% short of a size 12. Great design but if you have clodhoppers like me, then go to else where. I would return them but other family members with smaller feet can make use of them.
on 25 January 2013
I bought these for a friend, after buying a similar pair for myself. My friend is delighted. He said they were easy to put on and griped the ice so well that it was as if there was no ice there. It has given him the freedom to go out in the winter without the fear of falling down.

The service was excellent and the delivery very quick. I couldn't believe the price either. Only £5.05 including postage. I would recommend these to everyone. I would suggest though, that they be taken off when walking inside. They can be a little awkward to walk in on tiled surfaces, and people do know you are wearing them inside due to the 'clickety click' sound they make.
on 4 February 2015
I wore them for a walk on mixed ground up a 2,000ft hill in Scotland, they went on a size 9 boot easily and gave me confidence at the icy bits...but on the way back down I found I had lost one when the other one fell off. It seems they loose grip after a while in the mixed heathery ground . Luckily a walker shouted after me and returned the lost one. So I am sticking a cable tie round them to hook over the boot to help me realize they have come loose so I am not caught unawares. Great value though for when ice and snow light and patchy and they do grip well.
on 19 January 2014
Bought the LARGE size as I have size UK12 hiking boots. However when they arrived they looked too small for UK12 size, however...

The instructions seem to indicate these things are designed to be stretched. So I cautiously did that. It managed to make it over my hiking boots and stay on (though I haven't had the opportunity to try them out on snow... there is no snow in England this year...). I don't really want to try to stretch them over my snow boots - extra padding and are bigger.

4 stars for product quality.
on 11 March 2015
At my age, height and weight (all of them big numbers) a slip or fall invariable ends up with a trip to the hospital.
I keep these in the back of the car in the hope that I never have to use them. I did this February, I had to park a little way from where I needed to be and found myself slipping all over the place. I put these over my size 11 shoes (although a tight fit) and I could walk safely on the sheet ice.
A small hint don't try to walk on wooden floor or tiles; you'll ruin the former and slip on the latter.

See one answered question