Style Name: BB-IG101 Ice Grip|Change
Price:£4.92+ Free shipping

on 12 December 2014
I recently moved to Scotland coming from a much warmer country, and after almost falling I was afraid I had to stay home all winter, these will allow me to continue to explore the great outdoors with my small one.

Today I was able to hike around 7km with my toddler in my back feeling completely safe. Different type of surfaces were no problem.
they are easy to come off, only to put is not as easy but not hard in anyway. I wear men hiking boots size 8 (43), so I suppose I'm in the limit for this model, but still fits good.
review image
on 16 January 2013
Have now had opportunity to wear these overshoe ice grips and would definitely recommend them. I am able to walk in snow/ice with confidence. Fit well onto several boots securely. I have tried the studs which strap around front of boot with velcro but these tend to move around and the studs bend after a while when walking on clear pavements.
Very pleased with purchase so far.
on 28 January 2012
My wife has been using these overshoes for 10 days on hard packed snow and ice and is delighted with them. They are medium size (6-9) and fit well over a size 5 shoe/boot.
on 16 January 2015
I purchased these for my elderly father during the winter months. We had a few dustings of snow but quite a lot of frost and ice in our area, as we live on a hill it can be quite lethal to navigate down during the winter months. My father is the kind of man that treasures his Independance so had refused to lay off the early morning walks just while the ice was at its thickest in my area, as I precaution I'd ordered him a pair of these. I was very grateful for the size guides left by many of the previous reviews of this product as it helped with choosing the right size for him. When they arrived they did look a tad on the small side but my father tried them in and said that they fitted really well despite a little bit of fiddling to fit them over the shoe. Needles to say he went out on his early morning walks and came back home in one piece (much to my relif). I asked him how it was wearing them and he told me that they worked really well and definitely gave him much better traction underfoot, he did however say that he didn't feel all that safe when walking down hill and that he still felt a little apprehensive. He said that although they worked well in snow and very thick white ice patches, he said that he could still feel his foot slipping when walking on very thin or black ice. He also mentioned that he'd had difficulty when walking in different surfaces especially in shops where the floors are solid and shiny. He didn't have any problems walking in carpeted areas though so I'd advise to take them off if you're entering shops that have solid, shiny surfaces. Overall, he was pretty pleased with them and did find it easier to walk on snow, frosted areas and thick patches of ice. He gave me some advise before buying my own pair and that was to make sure that you dig your foot into the ice first to make sure that you have a good amount of traction underfoot. Also be aware of varying surfaces outdoors i.e thin ice and frost patches as these grippers tend to slip at times. I hope this helps!
on 23 August 2013
I must admit I was sceptical about how effective this product would be, but I was very pleasantly surprised. I absolutely hate trying to walk around on ice or anything slippy after a bad fall, but these grips made such a difference! I've worn them on ice and snow and they made me feel much more secure. Excellent value for money - these really work!
on 13 February 2012
These are excellent on ice and snow, also seem to help on muddy surfaces. Makes you feel a bit safer . Good on dodgy surfaces Good product,and good value.
on 15 November 2011
I bought these in anticipation of some winter ice and snow as i live on a steep hill but haven't used them yet as the weather has been mild.
Last year i bought several pairs of ice grips all slightly different but found that whilst they worked they didn't necessarily stay firmly attached to my shoes and needed adjustment after half an hour. Also the studs were prone to wearing down quickly and sometimes fell out.
Most ice grips use studs, usually 6 to 8 of them, a bit like those found on golfing shoes. These are different, there are many more studs and they are a different shape, a reinforced V shape.
I am a size 8 and they will comfortably fit on my shoes and trainers but may struggle to fit on say a size 9 walking boot. I find that in general sizing on ice grips is a mixed bag, some fit at a stretch whilst others are massive.
I paid about 7 pounds for these ice grips and felt that this was a reasonable price. I will update this review once i have had the opportunity to test them out.
on 6 December 2011
a wonderful idea ideal for scottish highland weather , good buy i would not be without them especially at my work with the ambulance service
on 6 April 2013
Great for the recent ice and snow, better than the studded grips but not as easy to put on and off.
Will use these when going hiking and will use the studded ones for popping to the shops.
Would have difficulty putting them onto boots over size 7, would be better off with the larger ones for size 8 and above.
Mal.B
on 6 March 2013
They were delivered within 2 days which was brilliant as I opted for the 3 - 5 days free delivery option. I was then able to walk the 2 miles into town and back over ice and snow without having to worry about slipping over. They fitted over my normal boots easily and stayed put the whole while. I did get a few funny looks when I was trying to balance on one leg to take them off to walk around the shops! I've recommended them to all my friends.