Ok, so I know a lot of people think that this season isn't as good as previous ones, and they have a point I think the show misses something without Cheryl, I agree the New York move was a pointless one, and yes the dynamic between Larry and Leon has become tired.

Published on 8 Jun 2012 by L. Upton

3.0 out of 5 stars Not terrible, but no where near as good as before!
I gave it 3 stars as a few episodes were very good, a couple very average and a couple poor.

Having said that still a worthy purchase for the collection.
Published 14 months ago by Rebecca knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not as good as early season, still one of the best shows on TV., 8 Jun 2012
L. Upton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Curb Your Enthusiasm - Complete HBO Season 8 [DVD] [2012] (DVD)

So if I think that then why I am still giving five stars? That's simple it's still laugh out loud funny, beautifully awkward and incredibly well written. It is still my favourite current sitcom on air, and the pit falls are nothing when stacked up against what made and continues to make this show great. I compare this season to 8 and 9 of Seinfeld (when Larry left the show) yes you can criticise it but only because of how great it was in the first place. It is easily still a 5 star show and it is still outstanding to its long standing fans and new fans alike.

If you're a fan of Larry, Seinfeld, Curb, sitcom, or just great TV this season deserves a place in your DVD collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great season!, 31 Jan 2013
J. McDade "Tyler Durden" (North West, UK) - See all my reviews
Just when you think he's worn the gags out, Larry puts a fresh spin on it and makes you fall about laughing all over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, 1 May 2014
Pretty, pretty good
I was a bit unsure about the gimmick of New York, but it works and the car periscope is one of the funniest yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Yet, 13 Feb 2014
So many laugh out loud moments in this season. I've re-watched this 3 times already and It's funnier every time. Masters of their trade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 8 Aug 2013
Another series. I'd read reviews suggesting that the relocation to New York robbed this series of its feel, but in my opinion it didn't. I am a big fan of Enthusiasm and some of my favourite episodes from all the series are in this one. Those in the know don't need me to recommend it - if you're a fan you'll be buying it anyway, if you're new to the show, start at the beginning.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my all time favourite comedies. I stumbled across Curb Your Enthusiasm and ..., 11 July 2014
J. A. Samson (Sussex) - See all my reviews
One of my all time favourite comedies. I stumbled across Curb Your Enthusiasm and loved every episode, funny, cringe worthy and worryingly sympathetic!

4.0 out of 5 stars Larry scares me, 30 Mar 2014
I recently had an argument in a car park with some person who parked selfishly, watch the L.D.episode when the man does the same thing, of course the argument Larry has comes back to haunt him, not 5 star Larry but worth watching, I miss Cherly

2.0 out of 5 stars We have seen all seasons (and loved them) but this one (for us) was a real let-down, 12 Nov 2013
This season, in our humble opinion, just didn't live up to expectations based on previous seasons. There is an over reliance on one-liners and it feels like it's a little bit full of its own sense of cleverness (if that makes sense without using dodgy language!). A real pity that sometimes people don't know when to stop. You might love it but for us it was a disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding comedy, 3 Oct 2013
Monty (London, England United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I can watch these shows over and over again and my laughter and enjoyment never diminishes. Outstanding comedy, highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars This brings the ruckus!, 15 Aug 2013
With each season this show gets better and better!

By the end of filming, Larry David always says "I am never doing this again!", but still does.

Look out for Leon Black, a brilliant character!

Fingers crossed he makes a ninth season!

Curb Your Enthusiasm - Complete HBO Season 8 [DVD] [2012]