Ok, so I know a lot of people think that this season isn't as good as previous ones, and they have a point I think the show misses something without Cheryl, I agree the New York move was a pointless one, and yes the dynamic between Larry and Leon has become tired.

Published 22 months ago by L. Upton

3.0 out of 5 stars Not terrible, but no where near as good as before!
I gave it 3 stars as a few episodes were very good, a couple very average and a couple poor.

Having said that still a worthy purchase for the collection.
Published 11 months ago by Rebecca knight

5.0 out of 5 stars Maybe not as good as early season, still one of the best shows on TV., 8 Jun 2012
L. Upton - See all my reviews
This review is from: Curb Your Enthusiasm - Complete HBO Season 8 [DVD] [2012] (DVD)

So if I think that then why I am still giving five stars? That's simple it's still laugh out loud funny, beautifully awkward and incredibly well written. It is still my favourite current sitcom on air, and the pit falls are nothing when stacked up against what made and continues to make this show great. I compare this season to 8 and 9 of Seinfeld (when Larry left the show) yes you can criticise it but only because of how great it was in the first place. It is easily still a 5 star show and it is still outstanding to its long standing fans and new fans alike.

If you're a fan of Larry, Seinfeld, Curb, sitcom, or just great TV this season deserves a place in your DVD collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gets better all the time!, 2 May 2013
What can you say about Curb that has not been said already. This season has but a couple of low points, but the highs are genius! The Palestinan chicken episode alone is worth buying the season for. Beyond genius. best show ever made. Ever. Period.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great season!, 31 Jan 2013
N. McDade "Tyler Durden" (Midlands, UK) - See all my reviews
Just when you think he's worn the gags out, Larry puts a fresh spin on it and makes you fall about laughing all over again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than ever!, 2 Oct 2013
andy furkins (Swindon, Wilts United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
No long winded review needed.

The switch to New York is genius and Larry & Co are on top form. Mr Softie is one of the funniest episodes and Larry's stare at Ricky Gervais when they discuss the greatest tv series ever is priceless. Don't be swayed buy this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Could be the best yet!, 10 Sep 2013
Lots of big name cameos and genuine laugh out loud and shocking scenes keep this series fresh and flowing even with the transit to New York, highlight got to be Larry's car seat (every woman will want one!) but there's too many to mention. Give it a go if you like physical comedy and farce and not a prude when it comes to bad language or sex.

4.0 out of 5 stars Larry scares me, 30 Mar 2014
I recently had an argument in a car park with some person who parked selfishly, watch the L.D.episode when the man does the same thing, of course the argument Larry has comes back to haunt him, not 5 star Larry but worth watching, I miss Cherly

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Yet, 13 Feb 2014
So many laugh out loud moments in this season. I've re-watched this 3 times already and It's funnier every time. Masters of their trade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning Service., 27 Dec 2013
The eighth season of 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' sees Larry return to New York. While it's perhaps not top tier Curb, it's still very funny and the final episode with Michael J Fox is up there with the greats. Curb Your Enthusiasm is one of the greatest comedies of the past twenty years.

Now on to Amazon. I ordered this on the 23rd of December using the free super saver option, I wasn't expecting it to drop through the letter box until the new year. I had a dispatch email on Christmas Eve with an estimated delivery date of today, the 27th. I thought that was wildly optimistic given that it's the Christmas period and the delivery was free. Well, I was wrong as it's just dropped onto the mat. Absolutely brilliant service for this time of year.

I can now look forward to Larry David getting me through the remainder of the Christmas period.

2.0 out of 5 stars We have seen all seasons (and loved them) but this one (for us) was a real let-down, 12 Nov 2013
This season, in our humble opinion, just didn't live up to expectations based on previous seasons. There is an over reliance on one-liners and it feels like it's a little bit full of its own sense of cleverness (if that makes sense without using dodgy language!). A real pity that sometimes people don't know when to stop. You might love it but for us it was a disappointment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding comedy, 3 Oct 2013
Monty (London, England United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I can watch these shows over and over again and my laughter and enjoyment never diminishes. Outstanding comedy, highly recommended

ARRAY(0xaf1df930)