5.0 out of 5 stars Former sceptic now sold ...
I purchased this product despite having had some previous scepticism regarding these protein shakes.

My primary reason for finally purchasing was as a weight loss 'companion'. I am not using Phd to try and reduce my calories, but as a nutritional supplement/meal replacement, given that when you are trying to lose weight on a controlled calorie diet, it can be...
Published 10 months ago by Belle Noir

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay but i wouldn't get it again
It's an okay protein shake ,but after trying it i can't say i'm a fan of it .It doesn't mix too well as it has oats which stick to the shaker wall.
Also i find it that it gives me gas and i don't recommend taking it at night as the extra caffeine might keep you awake.
I'd say Optimum Nutrition whey is superior
Published 21 days ago by Thomas Andreou

‹ Previous | 1 2 360 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I am over the moon, My best friend :), 23 Jan. 2015
I didn't purchase this item from here but thought i'd share my reviews to let people know what i thought of the Phd Diet Whey.

A year ago i finally plucked up the courage to buy a set of scales to my astonishment i weighed in at 15stone 6lbs, gutted as you can think but i am a 5'8 girl and don't look as big as the scales tell me.
I thought right nows the time to do something and managed to shed 2 stones and 2 dress sizes, then came around family parties, friends parties and a ton of cakes, party food and homemade cooking, my weight flew back upto 14 stone 3lbs. Began a diet again but not all this calorie counting just eating low carbs, low fats and high in protein.
i lost 6lbs in 2 weeks and for the next 3 weeks my weight stuck, no matter how hard i tried.
So i thought replace my mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks with a shake. Into alot of research this fitted the bill, lowest carb, lowest fat protein shake ive found.
Received it last week. So Sunday morning i weighed myself at 13st 9lbs, i have had a Phd Diet Whey shake twice a day for 5 days now. Friday Morning weigh in at 13st 2lbs. Ive lost 7lbs since Sunday (two inches off my waist, half inch of my hips and chest)
Anyone who intakes a high amount of protein will know that going to the toilet isnt the easiest, i was relieved if i went three times a week and sat there for a while :(.
Since taking the shake i have been toilet every single day like clockwork and still eating healthy. So all them lbs of fat gone forever.
I am one happy girl and will update this next friday to see how many more lbs i have shifted over the next 7days.

5.0 out of 5 stars best flavour whey, 29 Jan. 2014
This is a great whey protein for women, as it is very low in calories and carbs and won't lead to undesired weight gain. I personally use two scoops in total on workout days, which add up to about 180 kcal.
PHD also contains a decent amount of CLAs and Green Tea extract, which saves me taking those pills.

What makes this whey perfect in my eyes is the taste, however. It is so yummy if blended with 1/2 a banana, or even just on its own, plus it's great for baking with too!

High protein blueberry pancakes: blend one scoop of PHD white chocolate whey, 1 egg white, 1 tbs of whole psyllium husks and some almond milk, then add 1tbs of blueberries.
Use your smallest pan and add 1/2 ts of coconut oil, to avoid sticking. Finally, don't forget to top the finished pancakes with 1ts of agave syrup, or 1tbs of coconut yoghurt blended with fresh vanilla, or add more blueberries to taste. A real feast for nutrition conscious girls!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great weight loss and toning product., 10 Feb. 2015
When combined with a healthy diet and exercise, this protein shake is better than any 'diet pills' on the market, I substitute breakfast with a shake, have coup for lunch and then meat/vegetables for dinner and also excercise for 40 minutes per day. I am more toned, have more energy and am never hungry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great taste, 3 Feb. 2015
This has everything you need in a protein powder, tastes good, quite easy to mix just by shaking, very little sediment, low carb as well. I take 2-3 scoops a day depending on work out intensity, and am very happy. I like the packaging, easy to reseal, and much easier to handle compared to the tubs. I have written a similar review for one of the other flavours, but felt compelled to write another one for strawberry, as its really tasty. I usually mix with water, which is not the most appetising of things, milk tastes better, however, PhD diet whey strawberry mixes very nicely with water.

Also Amazon have the best price on this, so why shop elsewhere? It can fit in amazon locker, as its a medium size item, so if you are out thats a great way of not missing the delivery, and this does fit in a locker. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for females looking to get lean, 19 May 2014
Great product - used other diet whey brands and the vanilla and chocolate PHD diet whey tastes the best. This blends well with other ingredients in a smoothie or you can bake with it too. I use pre and post workout as well as for breakfast smoothies.

5.0 out of 5 stars IT TASTES GREAT / 6 EASY DIET TIPS, 22 Mar. 2010
Dark Horse 85 (Liverpool, England.) - See all my reviews
My girlfriend bought some this stuff and she gave me a glass. I love it! It genuinely tastes great, I lot people say their protein and mass shakes taste great but just plain don't, whey especially. I imagine that this Deluxe White Chocolate flavour shake is what the Mia's five dollar milkshake tastes like in Pulp Fiction. I've had cravings for the stuff!!

The nutritional value aren't bad either, I believe it's 70% protein PhD also do a 80% version. I like to cut it with a Whey Isolate (plain purified whey) which is 92%. I buy that from a good eBay shop called "Proteins 4 You". I recommend this shop and their products. If you trying to lose weight you want as higher protein value as possible in your shake.

EASY DIET TIPS :
1) Drinking lots of water will help you lose weight
2) Eat lots of vegetables
3) Avoid carbs during working days and eat as usual at weekends (this known as carb cycling)
4) Take Green Tea and Fish Oil for the antioxidants
5) Take Chromium to balance the insulin levels in your blood. this can reduce the production fat in the body (if you're diatbetic I'd leave this)
6) Sprinkle some Cayenne Pepper on your everyday which will help your body oxidize(burn) fat

I hope this helps, good luck!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty acceptable flavour - but don't kid yourself, 18 Sept. 2014
Pretty acceptable flavour - but don't kid yourself. It does not taste like a delicious chocolate milkshake. It tastes like thin fake saccharin sweetness thick liquid. Its mouthfeel is not nice. But its not the worst.

4.0 out of 5 stars tasted good, 28 July 2013
bronagh (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Nice protein, just remember to put your milk or water in your shaker first as it may stick to the bottom.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price good item, 17 July 2014
This review is from: PhD Nutrition Diet Whey 1kg Vanilla Creme (Personal Care)
I really like this whey protein, easy to use and mixes well I think. Love the flavour altho it is definatly sweeter than a some. Would recommend as I have seen improvements in muscle gain and tone

5.0 out of 5 stars Really tasty - especially if you add some fruit for variety, 17 Feb. 2015
I've been using this for about a week now, so too soon to say whether it is having any weight loss 'results'. I work out 3-4 times a week and I'm using it as a way to eat a bit more healthier as I generally can't be arsed to make breakfast and lunch so often just skip it. Also using it to aid toning with my workouts.

Tastes horrible with just water, tastes great with milk. I have one in the morning with just milk, and in the afternoon to make it a bit more filling / add variety I add a banana, or some frozen fruit and chuck it through a blender.

‹ Previous | 1 2 360 | Next ›