4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book!
Published on 23 Sep 2008 by Bh Payne

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting new way of looking at fat burning
Dr. Berg is looking at burning fat by controlling the body hormone balance, mainly insulin and cortisol release. Interesting! Diet suggestions are varied as is exercise. Worth reading although not riveting
Published on 29 April 2010 by S. Johnson

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book!, 23 Sep 2008
Bh Payne (Los Angeles, California) - See all my reviews
I can't help thinking this is the book I have been searching for, for a long time now. Finally a weight loss book that addresses the cause not the symptoms. Its early days yet so I cannot report great weight-loss, but then that is not the expectation in the early days, the issue is to make the body healthy and then it can start to lose weight. But I do like what I am reading, the author has a great sense of humour and I feel he is talking directly to me. And what he is saying makes sense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing, 14 Jun 2011
Dr Eric Berg is the only Dr who has managed to get me off sugar!!! Its so amazing I feel like I have been searching for answers for so long and know all the answers now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a book that makes sense!, 10 Feb 2010
I totally agree with Dr. Berg's theory. It makes sense and I have a few friends who followed his programme and had a great increase in energy levels and lost weight. In addition Dr. Berg explains all the definitions of the "Bigger words" that are to do with diet, hormones and the endocrine system. It makes it so much easier to understand the book. I would strongly recommend this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars interesting new way of looking at fat burning, 29 April 2010
S. Johnson (Nottinghamshire UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for health booost, 23 Aug 2013
Clair (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
I really liked reading this book - it hit so many chords with me personally and I found it very helpful and informative in to the body's health.
My husband and I embarked on the programme together. We both had huge improvements in our health, I even noticed my eyesight was better. Husband lost weight on it nicely and did really well with it. I didn't lose very much weight (which I needed to) but my health improvements were great.
I think if I'd perhaps done a little more gentle exercise during it or something I may have lost more weight, but I still think it's a very good book and programme.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Principles for a Lasting Healthy Lifestyle, 11 Dec 2012
The information contained in Dr Berg's book is in many ways revolutionary in how it looks at body types and prescribes remedies to helping people take control of their lives and weight. Any new concept is always challenging to get to grips with at first because of the changes it requires in getting the mind, the body to deal with things differently, but this book is written in an easy, lucid and clear-cut manner so that the principles discussed are easy to grasp and understand.

The important thing as well is that the principles work and this is a sound foundation which does not rely on calorie counting or many of the old tried and tested methods that fail to shift weight for so many people. I started using Dr Berg's program if it can be called that but really, I just did some of the tips he suggested and was presently surprised at how easily the weight shifted and this was after I had tried to lose weight for a period of time. Dr Berg combines commonsense facts on food and what they do to hormones and other areas in the body to demonstrate conclusively why previous programs will and do not work properly. His guidelines are a life-saver, literally especially for those prone to hypertension, strokes, heart disease, diabetes and other debilitating disease.

I have recommended his principles to family members and friends and I am continuing with his recommendations as I long to get to the desired health and weight that I know is best and right for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and interesting, 20 Aug 2010
Very good reference book. It was recommended from an arthritis website for losing weight after steroids, and it seems to be working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 1 May 2013
As a personal trainer, im really into advanced nutrition and metabolic typing.

this book gave a lot of new information, and cleared some misunderstandings in my mind.
I recommended it to all my clients!

5.0 out of 5 stars Must read for anyone interested in learning about how the ..., 14 July 2014
This review is from: The 7 Principles of Fat Burning: Lose the weight. Keep it off. (Kindle Edition)
Must read for anyone interested in learning about how the body and far loss work, you will not find this in magazines.

4.0 out of 5 stars Aspirational, but unrealistic, 14 April 2014
SESTRA (Plymouth, Devon) - See all my reviews
Great book, very informative and well written.
I now know where I've been going wrong with my diet and how this has impacted on my poor liver.
However, I think the diet regimes are too restrictive and probably unrealistic for most people - they certainly are for me.
I have adopted two or three of the easier solutions e.g. cranberry drink, more green vegetables, flaxseed oil and the right exercise for my body type, and I must admit I have been having the best sleep ever.