5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific hi-fi. Brilliant internet radio. Forget DAB.
This micro hi-fi unit really does punch above its weight and small size.
Others have extolled its virtues, so I am just going to add some advice about setting up the unit, which could save future purchasers a lot of time.
I live in an area where DAB reception is poor and limited to just a few BBC stations. I would have needed to buy and install a good external...
Published on 22 Aug 2012 by Bay Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Sony Should Do Better
Me and Mrs M were looking for a unit to replace the ancient analogue radio that has served in our kitchen for decades. Our wish list was simple: a radio that ideally would work with DAB, an embedded CD player and the ability to stream music from a PC. Surprisingly, the Sony CMT-G2BNIP seemed to be the only product on the market that did all of these things - nobody...
Published 15 months ago by Bob Monkhouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Under half price bargain., 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: Sony CMTG1BIP Hi-Fi Sound System with DAB Radio (Electronics)
Very good system, a real bargain at this price, arrived earlier than expected, very pleased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Sep 2014
Very pleased that I got this for my wife she said tone very good so proper job thank you

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Quality, 29 May 2014
L. Sams (Merseyside) - See all my reviews
I bought this system and almost two years to the day since I placed my order it has broke. I went through the Sony to find one of their official repair centres and paid the inspection fee just to be told that the main circuit card has broke beyond repair cant be replaced as Sony no longer manufacture them. This is after two years of only occasional use.
I wish this was the first time I've had a problem with quality of Sony's products but a TV of theirs I purchased a few years earlier also broke after what i feel is an unacceptable length of time for the price I paid for it. I was willing to believe that it was just an aberration so gave Sony another go but it seems to have been a mistake.
To be fair I will admit this was very good when it worked.

1.0 out of 5 stars variable audio output, 28 Dec 2013
I bought this in Nov 2012 and since then it has had very little use. However recently the output from the unit started to vary with the sound level varying for any given setting. Now the sound completely stops and then returns. This happens regardless of whether it's on cd or tuner.. I thought it was a lose connection and have checked all the wiring and had the back off the unit but nothing is obvious. My previous sony was excellent and lasted years but I'll try other brands in future.

1.0 out of 5 stars What's going on?, 4 Mar 2014
This item was never delivered as (so I was informed by Amazon) it was too bulky for Hermes, one of the biggest haulier in the country! It's a mini hifi system!. When I came to reorder it the price had gone up by £70, so I cancelled. I smell a little bit of a rat here.

Sony CMTG1BIP Hi-Fi Sound System with DAB Radio
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available