Size: Galaxy Note|Change
Price:£3.99+ Free shipping

on 4 December 2011
Plus points
-----------

Good price, simple and basic. Does exactly what it says.

Nice and simple design with no annoying frills. Lightweight.

Quick and easy to use: slip your phone in, stick the flap down, chuck it into your bag and off you go! No fiddling around with zips or press-studs.

Minor minus points (nothing major)
----------------------------------

The padding is a little on the thin side - I wouldn't want to do any sort of height-drop tests with it. But for basic scratch protection, it works fine.

Not a very snug fit width-wise - make sure you don't accidentally leave the flap open and pick up the case upside down - the phone will shoot out like a slippery fish!

Small niggle: the strip of material that holds the stitching on the inside front edge of the case, keeps being folded forwards every time I close the flap so that when I open the flap, the strip then sits at right-angles to the case. Perhaps a couple of weeks of closing the flap more slowly, while pushing this strip flat, will solve the problem. Minor issue though.

Conclusion
----------
If you want something simple to protect against light bumps and scratches for gentle day to day use, this does the job well.

If you're going hiking and want to stuff your phone in a backpack with lots of other things that will be banging against it, better to get a hard case.
1111 comments|9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 January 2012
Brilliant case for the Samsung Ace smartphone made by shocksock.
The case is very well made,a little snug at first but not too tight.
This will wear in over time.
Provides great protection for your phone from scratches etc and has a pull tab to get the phone out.
With phone in case,peel the vecro fastening and pull on the tab of the strap.When you pull the tab of the strap, the phone pops out just enough for you to get it out of the case..perfect.
Doesnt matter how hard you pull the tab/strap the phone will not shoot out of the case too far.
Smart looking and simplistic, i envisage this genuine leather pouch will last when others will not.
Supplier podjunkie faultless, great buy.

Incidentally it also fits my ipod touch.
on 15 January 2013
I will re-rate this item once (if) I recieve a replacement....but,

In the past I have bought imitation leather pouches but as they get ragged after a month or so I thought i'd see if a real leather and more expensive one would last longer, after approx 10 pulls of the tab it has detached, it appears to have only been held in place by 2 stitches which given how snug the phone is inside was always potentially going to be an issue, the rest of the pouch is finished nicely and I am hoping i've just recieved a random poorly made one, the jury's out at the moment though!

Update 16/2/13
As I suspected I must have got a random poorly made one before. The supplier sent me a replacement and i'm really happy with it, it looks like new after a months use and has been said before the initial tightness has turned into perfect snugness, it's a quality phone sock and i'm glad I got a replacement and not a refund.

I now fully recommend this product!
on 27 July 2012
You read all these reviews for the Samsung Galaxy Ace cases etc and think "Oh my God!" because reviewers mention things like bad stitching and other poor quality issues but this item had only positives and so I ordered two.

By Gum, it's a really really tight fit. It was a real struggle to get the phone in, never mind out. Then, I remembered one of the other reviewers mentioning that the strap that keeps the phone secure in the pouch, can also be used to gently pull the phone out, because that is how it has been designed and I have to say that this helps enormously.

However, if the previous reviewer hadn't mentioned this, I would never have realised, as no instructions come with it.

The leather feels fine and I feel confident that I can now put my phone in my bag and that it will survive next to keys and everything else that gets thrown in there too.

Oh, and it arrived within about 24 hours!
on 2 February 2012
Doesn't do the 'Note' justice. Looks ok. The fit is far too wide for the phone, and makes the whole thing look a lot bigger. The material is so thin it offers only basic scratch protection, nothing at all for 'shock' as the name suggests. I tried splashing some water on it, and it just soaks through... rubbish. Probably be better off with the official leather pouch, even though that is open-topped... this is cheap though I guess.
on 7 November 2011
Simply effective, not the best looking case but more than fit for purpose. It protects the phone entirely and securely closes with Velcro, the padding is also good.
on 29 July 2013
I am able to use a flip case on my phone and still put it in the case. The case is not too tight; and could fit phone in with gel case on it if I wanted to.
on 8 May 2013
This is a simple cheap & cheerful case that offers some cushioning & protection if the phone is dropped.

This case does protect your Samsung Galaxy S4 pretty well. It may not be the tightest fitting case, but at the end of the day it is great for protecting the phone from any scratches it might get when being carried about in a bag/car/pocket etc. The velcro top stops the phone slipping out if dropped, but at the same time it does make it awkward to quickly answer the phone if you get a call.

I personally only use this case when I'm moving about, but when I am at home/in office/not travelling I keep it out of the case so it's not a problem to answer the phone quickly.
on 11 May 2012
A very good product. Worth the extra for real leather. Security strap enables easy removal of the phone. Quality feel and no flap as with flip cases that hit your face when makinga call
on 12 July 2012
This is an excellent good value for money case. Made from leather, it is tight fitting and has an easy to withdraw phone - a pull strap with velcro seal and If you have a small finger stylus for navigating around your phone screen then this too will fit within the case (atop of the phone)and also be held down by the strap. Great item, highly reccomend.

Just bought another one for my wife as she liked mine so much.