5.0 out of 5 stars PS3 Slim - Excellent Replacement for old PS3
Published on 13 Nov 2011 by Mr. A. Padley

3.0 out of 5 stars Game and DVD were not included
Although the console itself was like new, the promised game and DVD were not part of the parcel that why I only can give a mediocre rating
Published 13 months ago by Clontar

5.0 out of 5 stars PS3 Slim - Excellent Replacement for old PS3, 13 Nov 2011
Mr. A. Padley "apadley2" (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Sony PlayStation 3 Console (320GB Slim Model) with Uncharted 3 and Faster (Blu-ray Movie) Bundle (Console)
My original PS3 decided to die with the yellow light of death (or whatever you call it) so I bought this pack from Amazon which seemed really good value. One point- I thought the Blu-Ray movie was missing but it's actually inside the Unchartered 3 box next to the Unchartered 3 disk. Also the network multiplayer code for Unchartered is on the back of the instruction manual - I thought I may have to pay for it for a second !

The unit comes with a rumble controller and a SCART connection so if you need HDMI - you will need a cable. Apart from that - everything is there to get you started.

So how does the PS3 slim compare to the old PS3. It's a lot slimmer (obviously), a lot quieter and based on figures I've seen - a lot less power hungry (uses about 70W when playing an intensive game compared to 170W on the older one - a huge difference). What's strange is that the PS3 slim also supports Anynet+ i.e. it will connect to my Samsung TV and does things like when you turn the PS3 on - the TV channel auto flips to the PS3. When you put the TV into standby - the PS3 goes into standby too. Not sure if this will work with other TV manufacturers as I only have Samsung.

In terms of quality / speed - I haven't noticed any difference. Blu-ray appears to be the same (very good) but as the drive speed is exactly the same as the older model - no changes there.

So overall - I'm please with the package. It's as described and means I can carry on playing / watching blu-ray. Obviously the price is the sticking point and I paid 249 through Amazon directly so at this price, represents excellent value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 27 Nov 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Brilliant product. All boxed perfectly, secure packaging upon arrival. Uncharted 3 is through the roof.

- All Leads
- One Control Pad
- AV Cable (which in theory should really be a HMDI cable to get the best out of the graphics)

The console is so quite, i was expecting to put my hand on the console and find it extremely warm after 4/5 hours play time, but to my suprise i was incorrect

Great Buyer, Great Product....A must have!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic !!, 18 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Delivery was excellent, came within 2 days, earlier than expected ... system works perfectly, incredibly quiet ! .. only downside was it didn't come with a HDMI cable ( i bought one separately ) ,however the included game; Uncharted 3 more than makes up for this, absolutely awesome, you'd be a fool not to own this game and its series previous titles if you own a ps3 !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Incredible, 23 Feb 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The PS3 is an absolutely incredible console, with many exclusive games, such as the one that comes with this PS3.
There is free online, a Blu-ray player, and so much more! I'm so happy I decided to pay a little extra and get this instead of the Xbox (which, long term is actually probably the same price because of the 30 a year live membership fee.)

Uncharted 3 was rated 92/100 on Metascore, and I have completed the campaign. The campaign was amazing and at times it really felt like I was watching a movie, because the graphics, voices and physics of the game are so perfect. The campaign consists of 22 Chapters (It took me about 12 hours), which range from shootouts in London Underground to exploring great forts in Syria; there is never a dull moment.

I am now playing the multiplayer which has a ranking system up to level 75. You can customise your loadout (a gun class) with a primary and secondary weapon (each of which you can buy attatchments for), two perks, and a medal kickback (killstreak reward, but for medals.) You can also customise your Hero and Villain (in team deathmatch you will be assigned to one of these sides) and buy new skins from the campaign. Note that when I say buy I do not mean with real money; you earn money in the multiplayer for kills and winning matches.

Overall it is a fantastic game, with the best console around, and a movie as well (which I have not watched yet.)
Don't hesitate any longer, you are missing out!

4.0 out of 5 stars Blueray Player +, 14 Feb 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Purchased the PS3 instead of standard blueray player to entertain grand children on their visits, bonus for us is when they are not there we can watch the odd film. I have paired PS3 with WIFI hub we have a reasonable cable broadband and downloading movies from web is seamless. I have had a dable with the video games that were part of the package and found them to be a big step up from my old AMIGA 500. Blueray playback from the PS3 is impressive, but find the menues a little clunky. Not used all the functions yet, next project to get family photos on hard drive for a viewing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 16 Dec 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Good bundle, comes with brittish electric plug, so i had to buy new electric cable.
PS3 has standard input behind, so any radio elextric coord fits.

cheapest in europe atm (that includes extra game, and 320gb)

only cons are that Amazon's SUPER DUPER SAFE -Delivery was 2 days late, 48 LOONG HOURS! as this is my first console and i have been refreshing the account page every 5 mins :D

5.0 out of 5 stars all good, 19 Nov 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
great product great price and the warrinty is one of the best and chepest on the market. uncharted is ok game not my cup of tea but still a new game so good to trade.

5.0 out of 5 stars PS3 Bundle, 17 Nov 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Well what can I say that everyone does not know about PS3 already? Not a great deal! Only problem I had with this bundle is that the 'Faster' blu-ray is located i n the Uncharted 3 box. I was hoping for its own case so I could add it to my collection. Now it will stay in the U3 case and I'll probably forget it is even there :)

If you're after a PS3 with an excellent game then this is the one for you.

1.0 out of 5 stars system problems, 20 Jan 2014
because some of the functions of the ps3 do not work and its out its year warranty and i cant get it fixed, when you pay for something you expected to last for a few years.

3.0 out of 5 stars Game and DVD were not included, 25 May 2013