5.0 out of 5 stars A fascinating & enthusiastic introduction
Most of the reviews I've seen for this book seem to be either from scientists who 'get it' or laymen who do not. All I can say is that I don't come from a scientific background, having found it all rather baffling at school but have become more interested in the subject later in life. This is the first book I've read on Quantum Theory & thanks to the clear explanations...
Published on 5 Dec 2011 by Sam Woodward

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, not a patch on Feynman
OK, so I've got a Physics degree lurking in my background from 20 odd years ago and I found this book quite hard work. In fact I think I was at Manchester about the time Brian Cox was there.

They decide to use the 'clock' approach to explaining Quantum mechanics which they've borrowed from Richard Feynman, unfortunately they're not as gifted as him...
Published on 13 Feb 2012 by A. I. Mackenzie

‹ Previous | 119 20 2125 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, intresting, 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Quantum Universe: Everything that can happen does happen (Kindle Edition)
Good book , intresting

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, 24 Sep 2013
Mr. P. Wilder (UK) - See all my reviews
I thought this would be written in a way that a layman could understand. Poorly written and not very enlightening not what I was expecting from Professor Brian Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Birthday Present, 17 Nov 2011
I was given this book as a Birthday present yesterday and I have made a big dent in reading it so far. It is well worth reading and I have found it hard to put down.

I don't have a background in science (in fact I studied history), but I have always had an interest in science and in particular what goes into making life, the universe and everything. This book is so well written by two physicists who really know their stuff and know how to write in an engaging and interesting way so that even I with my lack of experience in science can understand the things they talk about.

I am enjoying reading it and will continue to do so.

4.0 out of 5 stars Physics simply explained, 9 Sep 2013
This is a great book that explains some complex aspects of the universe by breaking down the down the explanations into manageable chucks using relatively simple analogies and plain English. For heavy-weight science the style is engaging and fun which makes this all the more readable

5.0 out of 5 stars Science was never like this at school!, 6 July 2013
I actually understand, for the first time, what this is all about - which actually means 'What everything is ALL about!'
As a designer, it's nice to know that EVERYTHING has been designed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative and stimulating., 13 Mar 2013
The book is easy to understand and provides explanations for very complex concepts. A must read for quantum theory enthusiasts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent overview, 23 Jan 2013
mr james ashwell (Singapore, Singapore) - See all my reviews
Good balance between introducing some maths and conceptual explanations. Easy to see why Cox is a good lecturer/broadcaster.

Recommended for anyone wanting an introduction to the subject, and for those looking to follow up with further reading/study.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Quantum Universe: Everything that can happen does happen, 18 Jan 2013
I have not read this book but have been told it is a good read. It was given as a gift. The book arrived promptly.

5.0 out of 5 stars arrived promptly, 13 Jan 2013
purchased as a gift. arrived promptly and the recipient was very pleased with the product. what more can i say !

3.0 out of 5 stars The Quanyum universe, 9 Jan 2013
I think it could do wiith a glossary at the back of the book with a definition of the varius elements contasned in the book. I thought the explanations would be simpler, but perhaps it can't be.

‹ Previous | 119 20 2125 | Next ›