Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Learn more

on 18 November 2011
this case is a general case to fit 6 inch e readers/tablets and is therefore a little big for the t1, but as far as i am concerned this just means extra protection for my e reader. however the cover is a little cheap looking and the snap doesn't close quite as effortlessly as previous covers i have had. but my main reason for buying this is to protect the t1 as i previously had a prs-350 and the screen broke within a few months which when sent back to Sony they claimed it was accidental damage leaving me £135 down and with an unusable product. so despite its down points it is a cheap solution to a very expensive problem.

further to my previous reveiw i have just removed my white e reader from this case to find the dye used on the csae has ruined the back of my e reader so therefore only suitable for black e readers!
on 10 December 2011
I ordered this together with the reading light, from reading the reviews and looking at the picture I thought the cover would be slightly too big but would serve its purpose, I was pleasantly surprised to find instead of being held in place as per the displayed picture (looks like 4 elastic corners) the case has now a full pocket and the Sony PRS-T1 is a perfect fit, there is also an elastic retainer sleeve for the stylus or a pen, 2 pockets for memory cards and a pocket for notes, a very good product for the price.
on 22 November 2011
This ereader cover is about 1/4 of the price of the official Sony cover. The reader may not integrate as stylishly as the Sony cover, but there is nothing wrong with it.
on 27 October 2011
The cover fit the reader fine and I find the reader easier to read with the cover as well as liking the feel of it. I can clip on my book light to it and read at night without waking my partner. It is a pity there was not a pocket for the Reader's stylus but I found I can clip the stylus into the top left leather strap that holds the top left corner of the reader in place.
on 17 February 2012
Well, for the price I won't complain but it isn't exactly the case in the picture. It has white stitches and the "interior room for 3 sd card and business cards" is totally lacking. Reviewer Steve was lucky and got "an elastic retainer sleeve for the stylus or a pen, 2 pockets for memory cards and a pocket for notes". Mine has no retainers or pockets at all which I find quite annoying.

The fit is rather good but a little on the tight side. The leather strip on the right side won't stay down. The case should probably have just a little wider to allow for more material.

I *think* it's actually leather (someone complained his wasn't), but it's a little hard to judge because of the chemical stench that oozes from it. That seems to be wearing off though, so time will tell.

Judging from the other reviews the design seems to change over time and they don't update the picture and description accordingly. I would have liked some kind of pockets, there sure is room for that, but as said, for the price it's fairly good. I don't like deceptive descriptions though since that's something very essential when shopping on the Net. That took away two stars.

I don't discourage people from buying it, just remember you still may have to carry your cards and your stylus elsewhere.
on 8 April 2012
First impressions are that this is quite well made, especially considering the price. It has a fairly strong smell without being unpleasant. The white stitching doesn't appeal, and I would have definitely preffered black, but it's perfectly acceptable.

The pocket that the ereader fits into is workmanlike, though the internal edges facing the screen bulge upwards a little. When pushing the power button the ereader tends to also push upwards, so a little downward pressure on the retaining flap is advised. There's good access to the necessary sockets on the ereader.

The stylus sort of fits tip first into a loop in the centre. At least that's the only way I could make it work. It feels a little bit of a squeeze when you close the case but it's not a real problem. Opposite the ereader on the inside of the front is a pocket for papers, etc., and two small pockets for memory cards.

The clasp closes on the back, which means it isn't flapping around in your eyeline while reading, which I find preferable.

I rate it a four because of the stitching and the stylus holder, but otherwise it's excellent value.
on 4 March 2012
the main reason I bought this product was to keep the e reader safe when I go out. I am really impressed with how sturdy the cover is and how well the reader fits inside. An extra point for safety is that the top has a flap to hold the reader inside, it only doubles over but it holds the reader inside perfectly well - I had been worried about accidentally holding it upside down, but obviously Navitech had already thought of this. I did expect delivery to be a little quicker than it was - it took about a week from the despatch date - but this was within the time they had suggested, I can only think that Royal Mail in my area is probably getting slower.
I havent seen a "real leather" symbol anywhere, so I dont know if it is, but to be honest, it doesnt look cheap it looks just fine to me.
I did keep in mind though what other people had said about colour transfer and I bought one the same colour as my reader.
on 11 January 2012
This cover seems to be well made and is an excellent fit for the Sony T1. You can access all the buttons and plug in the USB cable without removing the reader from the case. All this at a fraction of the price of the Sony product. The only two minor issues, that I can think of, are that the elastic restraint for the stylus is very tight and hence fiddly and that the unique selling point for the T1 is it's weight which increases dramatically with the addition of the case. That being said the weight is probably essential to provide adequate protection and I can't see the stylus falling out and getting lost. All in all I'm very happy with this cover and would recommend it I just couldn't bring myself to give it 5 stars but it's VERY close.
on 6 February 2012
I bought it as a present for my wife to accompany her Sony Reader. She was pleased with the look and the reader fitted well. The only thing is that she didn't believe is was leather. This was due to both the texture and smell! I'm not that decerning so I couldn't comment. My only criticism about the product is the opening tab, which I felt should be attached to the right hand side of the case and not the left, which meant that it didn't sit flat and you want to turn it over in order to open it! Overall considering the price, it was good value for money and I would reccomend to a friend.
on 17 January 2012
They pretended to send it and not until I complained did they sent it.

This is not leather, it is plastic. No doubt. Having said that it is still a great cover, good fit and looks OK. A bit damaged on one side where the plastic has separated from the paper.

I would like to give a one, but I will save that in case it breaks. Again if they had not lied about the material......any way it is too little money to bother. Wiser next time.