on 18 April 2013
Easy to fill. The coal chute at the bottom works really well; coal falls to the bottom but doesn't spill out. Neat and compact. Colour blends in well. Prompt delivery by national carrier. Highly recommended!
on 20 November 2013
Having only ever had either metal, or brick coal bunkers in the past, I was anxious that plastic would not be robust enough. It's early days and we've only had one delivery of coal and been using the bunker for a couple of weeks, but it seems fine. The chute for the fuel to drop down works well and makes it easy to scoop out into the coal scuttle. My only negative comment is that it was so much more expensive than a metal equivalent, but If it turns out to be as durable as it looks, I will be more than pleased.
on 15 January 2014
I have had this coal bunker sometime now and think its great
Easy to fill and holds 6bags of smokeless also easy to use the
Drop down flap at the bottom to fill your buckets.
I would definitely recommend this bunker.
on 19 July 2013
Excellent value for money - love it. Would recommend it to anyone. Delivery was prompt and it holds more than it says.
on 30 December 2013
This is perfect for its job. The plastic is very thick and not brittle so it feels as if it will last forever, the body is a single piece with an internal moulded chute for the coal. Door hinges are good and the locking pins simple and effective, filled to the top coal does not come out until you shovel it, but when you do shovel the coal it comes out easily. This is also suprisingly compact.
on 14 October 2014
I had a good look at the various options available, I was a little concerned that the one I choose would look like the council grit bins you see at the roadside.
It arrived on schedule and I am more than happy with my choice, yes, it's green and looks like a coal bunker but it sits fine at the rear of my house and doubtless will serve me well for years to come as it looks and feels very robust.
I doubt the other options would match up to this one, I have a large double sided stove and the 300kg size bunker is big enough for me with a small back garden.
I would recommend this coal bunker to you all.
on 17 October 2013
Delivery was better than expected, quality is good, just the right size and I would recommend it, my only negative is I think it is a little expensive that's why I only gave 4 stars
on 8 September 2014
Delighted with my new coal bunker. It arrived earlier than expected, well protected with cling film strappings and is now in situ full of coal ready for winter. It is a robust unit with good strong fastenings to the lid and the hatch and the coal flows easily from the opening without any problems. It is much better than my old galvanised bunker This is a great unit and would highly recommend it - it is well worth the money. The Fireside Shop staff were wonderful to deal with. Adam was especially helpful after I contacted him several times for technical assistance. I would highly recommend both The Fireside Shop and their bunker.
on 23 September 2013
Very sturdy, but easy for me to move around (empty). Will be a great help now I'm too old to hump sacks. All I've got to do now is fill it.
on 3 April 2015
Arrived within 3 workings days on standard free delivery. Bulky put easy to move around with a sack trolley. Light enough for solo final placing by hand. I use coal brickettes, really over full with 300 Kg, better to stick to 275 Kg (11 x 25 Kg bags). Coal chute works well a delight to use. Very happy; glad I did not buy a galvanised coal bin.