5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is pretty awesome!
Published 6 months ago by K. Odell

2.0 out of 5 stars okay
fast postage, but didnt work in my hair! my hair normally stays straight for about 4 hours, so i thought this would be good! well i thought wrong! it didnt even stay straight for 1 day, let alone 3! really disappointed, wont be buying again.
Published on 14 July 2012 by Bessy

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is pretty awesome!, 12 Nov. 2014
K. Odell - See all my reviews
This review is from: John Frieda Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight Semi-Permanent Styling Spray (Personal Care)
I have a lot of fine hair that wants to curl and kink - it's gotten frizzier in middle age. I am hopeless at doing my hair. I've never been good at blow-drying it straight with a dryer and round brush. I use a Babyliss rotating dryer and GHD straighteners and I still never get that sleek look my stylist can get. But, at least my hair will look groomed and nice. If only it will stay that way!

This product has made a huge difference. First, it makes it easier for my hair to straighten - it just behaves better and quicker. Second, it makes my hair look fantastic. It has a gloss to it and feels soft and thick. It doesn't look bushy or frazzled, but it flows over my shoulders and shines like a mink coat. Third, the effects do last. I can go out on a drizzly day and not end up with a wild bush. I haven't gotten truly wet but I can pop to the shop across the street in a fine drizzle and my hair won't go crazy. And it does last three days. I just have to touch up any "bed head" in the morning with my straighteners.

You do have to use it sparingly/carefully. If I get too much on the crown of my head or my fringe, it can look a tiny bit greasy. I concentrate the spritzes on the middle/ends, where there's more damage and then use my hair brush to distribute it throughout the entire head.

The only caveat I have is to reiterate that I am pretty rubbish at styling my hair. If you are used to being able to get your hair mirror-smooth (something my stylist can do but I can't), you may have different results or different expectations. For someone like me (an awful lot of fine, frizzy long hair who is just happy to have soft, straight, flowing locks) it's a really fantastic product.

2.0 out of 5 stars okay, 14 July 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 30 April 2012
Really happy with this, finally something that helps keep my fringe straight, my hair likes to curl, and I now have poker straight hair the day I use it, and the two days after I may just need to use straighters for 30 seconds that is all. I am pleased I got this on subscribe and save.

2.0 out of 5 stars My Hair Hung Straight as Sticks, 21 Feb. 2013
Stephanie De Pue (Wilmington, NC USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
John Frieda was at one time a famous, award winning hairdresser. He was inspired to found a self-named beauty products corporation that has become a major player in the hair products world. It has made a good reputation for itself particularly in the areas of color enhancement shampoo and frizz prevention.

The firm's Frizz-Ease 3-day Straight spray promises to keep hair glossy, smooth and swinging with body. The firm states that its proprietary blend of polymers and keratin protein will wrap each strand of hair to seal in straight hair for up to 3 days. They add that their heat-activated styling spray will work with a straightening iron so as to enhance results; the straight style you want should last up to 3 days with only minimal heat touch-ups, if you desire. Finally, they claim that their spray is weightless, and has heat protection ingredients that will prevent frizz as you straighten your hair.

My hair is naturally curly with a tendency to frizz, so of course I'm always looking for products that will enhance my efforts in this line: frankly, am not as adept as I might be in dealing with hair. Have found, over the years, frustratingly enough that whereas a good hairdresser blowout that allows for my curls and waves may well look very pretty and last for up to a week, or even more, when I do my own hair and leave it curly, it seldom lasts even overnight. So, in my latest efforts to figure this problem out, have bought several John Frieda products, including this one. Used it as instructed with my straightening iron. Whether the result lasted three days is arguable. What is not arguable is that my hair wasn't very pretty. It hung straight as sticks, just the way my straight-haired friends always moan about in regard to their hair. Sometimes you just can't win.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe this is my hair!, 9 Oct. 2012
Firstly I never write reviews but this product has blown me away! It arrived yesterday and i used it for the first time today. I have got very very thick coarse frizzy hair. I usually use a handful of Aussie serum to blow dry it and then add a smidge of Frizz eaase serum to each length before strightening it with GHDs. This is fairly successful although walking in any sort of humidity causes it to rebel despite the products and the fact that there is a layer of product on my hair makes my colour (I have been grey since age 25) look a bit brash and artificial. I applied about 12 sprays of this new frizz ease product today and was very dubious i can tell you. It felt as though there was nothing on my hair and the blow drying was less than convincing with the result being about as poor as if I'd applied no product atall. HOWEVER as soon as I straightened it the effect was amazing. I have had my hair chmically straightened in the past and it was the same as this. It knocked all the volumne out of it allowing it to fall straight and natural and yet it feels like my own hair for the first time in years as there is no evidence of product weighing it down. I even walked the dogs and it stayed straight. Don't know if it will last three days but who cares! Excellent product, thank you John Frieda, wish you'd been around 30 years ago and I might have avoided all the terrible perms I resorted to to try and control my locks!!

P.S I've now put this on subscribe and save!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for one or two days of VERY straight hair, 18 Mar. 2013
The good news: it will help you style your hair super straight!!! When you're done with your blow dryer or the straighteners you will definitely go WOW!!!
The bad news: it won't last for 3 days. It will last for one or two, depending on the humidity or your activities but that's all. After that, your hair will react as it would if you had used any other problem, perhaps even worse.
The conclusion: if you want to make an appearance with super straight hair, use it. But make sure to straighten your hair in the same day and don't expect too much after that. I am planning to continue using this product, but not everytime I straighten my hair.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 3 Jan. 2014
Rubbish, really dries your hair. And after a couple of days has a vile chemical smell. Save your money don't buy this!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 23 May 2013
I have very frizzy/wavy hair so was hoping this would cut down on my hot iron straightening for a few days while I was away. Unfortunately it did absolutely nothing. I tried it again after washing my hair a couple of days more (using more product - just in case) and again nothing happened - no change. I can't understand why this doesn't work and how this is still on the market when clearly it doesn't work!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this spray . . ., 21 Jun. 2013
. . . just for slightly different reasons than advertised. It sort of helps keep my hair straight a bit, but the main benefit is the feel it gives my hair. Hard to describe how - I've got thick, long, slightly curly hair, and this spray gives it an amazing, sort of heavy, healthy feel, without making it sticky or dull at ALL. The spray is really light and non-sticky and smells lovely and fresh. Every time I use it I get people (incl. strangers) coming up and asking me how I make my hair so beautiful and shiny!

2.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work for me, I'm afraid., 29 Oct. 2012
I don't really have trouble with frizz, I just have very curly hair. Even after many years of straightening, left untreated it remains as curly as ever. With this product, I hoped that I might be able to ease off a bit with the straighteners - sadly, this has not been the case. Apart from making my hair look slightly shiner, it has made no difference at all. Sorry.