5.0 out of 5 stars John Frieda Lightening Spray
Published on 16 Mar 2012 by Francesca Barber

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE STEER CLEAR!
Published on 16 Oct 2012 by Chloe Hindmarsh

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE STEER CLEAR!, 16 Oct 2012
This review is from: John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray (Personal Care)
At first I thought this was a wonder product, it masked my roots and worked as it said. However, over a few uses my hair got dry, lost elasticity and is now in really bad condition. I stopped using it, my hair didn't recover. I went back to my usual hairdresser who did a strand test and said that she couldn't do highlights or any colour because my hair had 'the consistency of chewing gum'... so now, despite using this product to avoid roots I have no choice but to have roots for the foreseeable future... and lots of my hair is snapping and it takes ages to comb through my hair now as it tangles so easily. So please, please, do not buy this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars John Frieda Lightening Spray, 16 Mar 2012
My hair is naturally blonde but goes darker in the winter. So decided to try this product. After the first use I noticed a very slight difference but then after the 2nd and 3rd use the difference was very noticeable. It has lightened my hair loads but works gradually so I didn't find that my hair suddenly changed to a bright yellow. I have had several compliments about my hair colour and people have asked me if I have dyed it. I was very surprised at how much a few sprays can change my hair colour to a light golden blonde.

1.0 out of 5 stars Please read and take note I take my hair very serious lol !, 22 Sep 2014
After a couple of years of getting my blonde hair in better condition and after it had grown abit, I used this product to make my blonde less dull. To be fair it worked , but I only used it three times and my hair started to fall out which it hadn't done for about a year , when brushing , drying or straightening I see bits of my hair snap off ! I pay a lot of attention to my hair as it's my pride and joy , I am deceased that I'm back to where I was three years ago after using bleach !
It's disgraceful. Do not buy if you have fragile hair ! Not worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 29 Jun 2013
leaves my hair soft , gradually lightens after ten uses so im keeping on using it everytime i wash my hair and straightners to get it lighter x can see a difference allready after one use great stuff

1.0 out of 5 stars PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT!!!, 22 Mar 2013
I bought this product thinking it would be more cost effective for me as i wouldnt need to keep going to the hairdressers (i have been bleaching my hair for years and never had a problem like this...please don't make the same mistake as me. At first the results were great and before anyone insults my intelligence i did everything it said on the bottle, i hardly ever used it but since stopping my hair has got so bad it is painful to brush let alone style. I couldn't understand why my hair got so bad as you would think it go after the first go but it doesn't so beware it will happend. I have just read on other reivews the same problem.
I cannot describe how bad a condition my hair is now, it is impossible to do anything with, in fact my friend thought it looked like it had been singed it is that bad. It has made me feel very down and don't go out because of it.
Please please do not use this product, just go to the hairdressers or buy a proper kit.
If my reivew stops just one person feeling like i do then it will be worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 10 Mar 2014
Perfect! I am so pleased with this product! You really don't need much to touch your roots! I use the whole collection and my hair is such a good colour! It is affordable and when use once a week lightly it has transformed my hair! Thank you!

1.0 out of 5 stars DANGEROUS!!, 14 Mar 2014
I have been using this for a few weeks, and granted, it has made my hair blonder.
Yesterday I went to my hair salon to have some highlights, and when I mentioned I'd been using it they performed a strand test.
After 2 minutes the strand had pretty much disintegrated - a senior colourist said that this spray is VERY HARMFUL to hair, and mixed with hair colourant has the SAME EFFECT AS VEET HAIR REMOVAL CREAM!!!

***USE WITH EXTREME CAUTION***

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for natural blondes who want to go lighter, 10 Oct 2014
Love this product as it contains no peroxide.Ive got natural blonde hair.After washing hair and towel dried i spray about 6 to 8 times onto damp hair then brush through and you must dry your hair with a hairdryer as the spray is heat activated.I was amazed how much lighter my hair was after using this item.I use this product after every other wash and my blonde hair is now even blonder without using peroxide.I so love this product !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Gone Blonder!, 4 Aug 2014
I have dark blonde hair and this spray helps me achieve a lighter colour result. Ideal for the summertime.
I've been using this spray once a week, for over a year now, its very effective.
I use it with the shampoo and conditioner from the same range, for best results.
Will continue to buy and use again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
Have noticed a definite lightening in my hair